Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 7:27:45 PM EDT
[#1]
NRA may be saving the $$ for the inevitable legal battles in the state supreme court.

one of the problems I've run into is a lot of easily anti-594 people simply are choosing not to vote; they are habitual non voters. I've tried to encourage them to participate in this election but they say it's too much time/effort to read through the ballot.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 7:47:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
NRA may be saving the $$ for the inevitable legal battles in the state supreme court.

one of the problems I've run into is a lot of easily anti-594 people simply are choosing not to vote; they are habitual non voters. I've tried to encourage them to participate in this election but they say it's too much time/effort to read through the ballot.
View Quote

Well... use the same model of the democrats.  Tell them you will fill their ballots for them and will even drop them at the collection boxes.  

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 9:15:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I think its likely the other way around NRA is writing us off because of that rep, even though we could greatly benefit from their assistance.

I still think we have a very good chance at defeating this due to grass roots I just don't understand why they are not actively engaged like they have been in previous fights.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is the school of thought that that NRA in this state is not a good household name given the propensity of people here to suck up all the (D) drivel. Just as we use Bloomberg as a net negative.

I think its likely the other way around NRA is writing us off because of that rep, even though we could greatly benefit from their assistance.

I still think we have a very good chance at defeating this due to grass roots I just don't understand why they are not actively engaged like they have been in previous fights.

Personally I agree with you.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 12:43:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I thought this show was less informative than the previous one linked above.  It would have been much nicer if Brett Bass had more of a chance to talk.  Much of the program was taken up with host chit-chat, phone calls and 594 ads.  Nice job describing the limitations of the exceptions.  Really exposed how restrictive those exceptions are.

Randy
View Quote

Agreed.  Even though the folks that know me were all really pleased with how the interview went, I walked out of the studio with the feeling that I never had time to finish a thought.  I only got half way through how broken the exemptions were.  I still haven't gotten to mention the massive unfunded mandate that's in there for the state NICS mirror database.  I hope I get another opportunity to go on air.  I know that a Tacoma-based PBS affiliate called at one point; I'll see if I can get them to call back.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 1:00:11 AM EDT
[#5]
See if you can get on John Carlson's show or even get back on with Ben. I was frustrated that whole segment was on Westneat's opinion hit piece.

Thanks BTW!! Nice to hear you.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 3:28:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Agreed.  Even though the folks that know me were all really pleased with how the interview went, I walked out of the studio with the feeling that I never had time to finish a thought.  I only got half way through how broken the exemptions were.  I still haven't gotten to mention the massive unfunded mandate that's in there for the state NICS mirror database.  I hope I get another opportunity to go on air.  I know that a Tacoma-based PBS affiliate called at one point; I'll see if I can get them to call back.
View Quote

i thought the interview went reasonably well. good job.

i don't think talking about unfunded mandates is going to resonate with listeners as much as informing them how 594 turns them or their families or friends into felons would.

unfunded mandate? not their problem. felony? definitely their problem.

the major flaw with westneat's "example" is the 8-time felon himself. his article should be torn to shreds on that point. why the hell was an _eight time_ felon out on the streets? this demonstrates the utter failure of the justice system.

brett, your credentials go beyond mere range manager. you're a marine and a firearms safety instructor. they should hear that. it lends credibility.

should it be a crime to unknowingly sell a firearm to a felon? why not then argue to make it a crime to unknowingly sell a car to felony DUI driver? background checks for all car transfers. you can obliterate that line of argument.

of those "40,000 denials" 594 touts, how many were prosecuted? this needs to be asked.

is the intention of 594 to create a registry? of course it is. 594 can't work unless all guns are registered. the next logical step after a registry is confiscation.

the caller talking about his brother in australia, he's talking about the gun buyback where firearms were declared illegal overnight and confiscated. their registry was the tool to enable this.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 6:09:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

i don't think talking about unfunded mandates is going to resonate with listeners as much as informing them how 594 turns them or their families or friends into felons would.

the major flaw with westneat's "example" is the 8-time felon himself. his article should be torn to shreds on that point. why the hell was an _eight time_ felon out on the streets? this demonstrates the utter failure of the justice system.

brett, your credentials go beyond mere range manager. you're a marine and a firearms safety instructor. they should hear that. it lends credibility.

should it be a crime to unknowingly sell a firearm to a felon? why not then argue to make it a crime to unknowingly sell a car to felony DUI driver? background checks for all car transfers. you can obliterate that line of argument.

of those "40,000 denials" 594 touts, how many were prosecuted? this needs to be asked.

is the intention of 594 to create a registry? of course it is. 594 can't work unless all guns are registered. the next logical step after a registry is confiscation.

the caller talking about his brother in australia, he's talking about the gun buyback where firearms were declared illegal overnight and confiscated. their registry was the tool to enable this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Similar registry that was tried in Canada, cost a fortune to tax-payers, did not work, many did not obey and was finally cancelled?  

Another point, if they are so worried about "saving one life".  I read that the number of DUI and accidents due to people driving stoned by marijuana is increasing.    Interestingly, firearms crime, according to the FBI is decreasing.  So, why this obsession with firearms usually funded by billionaires that usually have an armed bodyguard small army protecting them?    

Link Posted: 10/11/2014 7:21:02 AM EDT
[#8]
"if it saves only one life". then they should have absolutely no problem banning swimming pools. thousands of people drown in them every year, and there is no constitutional protection for swimming pools. and nobody needs a swimming pool.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 12:37:45 PM EDT
[#9]
If the were truly concerned with saving lives, they would want better controls, or a ban on:

Alcoholic beverages (tried and failed)
Private ownership of vehicles to prevent death by traffic collision
Banning all tobacco products
Cell phone possession while in a vehicle (to prevent distracted driving...it is for the children)
swimming pools (mentioned above)

They might even consider requiring that every vehicle have a jamming device installed that prevents use of any electronic device such as a phone, or computer. (If they won't outright ban private ownership of vehicles)

Just think of all the lives that could be saved of these things had better controls on them.  But obviously, actually saving lives isn't the point.  The point is that they are frightened of firearms, so they don't want anyone to own them.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 1:03:24 PM EDT
[#10]
But....but.....guns pose such a menace to society as a whole they should only be owned by the government.

Link Posted: 10/11/2014 1:26:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I drove from Tacoma to Iron Springs Beach for clamming last night and saw a fair amount of No 594 signs en route.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 6:34:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
But....but.....guns pose such a menace to society as a whole they should only be owned by the government.

View Quote

then we should stop arming syrian terrorists.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 8:20:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This administration will not engage in nation building. We won't go any further than arming islamonazis.

Now back to 594.

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 11:14:52 PM EDT
[#14]
My voters' pamphlet came in the mail today.

What a bunch of crap on the writing. The against section was put together pretty poorly too. Look like the pro 594 hit a home run on the pamphlets...
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 3:06:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Last night I contacted the NRA-ILA to ask them what they are doing to help us defeat 594 because we aren't seeing them.  Here is the response:

Sent: Friday, October 17, 2014 6:42 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: NRA-ILA Contact Us: Logged In Member: WA I-594

Thank you for contacting the NRA-ILA regarding Initiative 594 in Washington State, which is strongly opposed by NRA.

I-594 is the latest and most comprehensive and well-funded attempt to restrict the rights of law-abiding gun owners in Washington State.  Although proponents describe it as a “universal background check” measure, I-594 is, in reality, a universal handgun registration scheme being pushed by a very wealthy group of anti-gun elitists. That is not hyperbole, it is fact.  Under I-594, every time a handgun is transferred, the person receiving the handgun will have their name added to the government database being maintained by the state Department of Licensing.  In other words, I-594 would create a government record of all lawfully transferred firearms in Washington, which would facilitate their future confiscation.

While we won’t be able to match the millions of dollars being spent by Michael Bloomberg and his anti-gun millionaire cronies, NRA has been actively fighting to defeat the measure and will continue to do so.  Below are some of the activities we have and will continue to undertake:

•         Hired and deployed two Campaign Field Representatives (contact information below), who have been working for months recruiting volunteers; attending events; distributing stickers, literature, door hangers, buttons, and yard signs; overseeing phone banks; visiting target households; and recruiting supportive businesses to serve as Second Amendment Activist Centers and distribute our materials to their customers.  All of these activities have been supplemented by our Election Volunteer Coordinators, who live in Washington State, as well as by NRA Headquarters staff who have made numerous trips to Washington State to engage in the anti-I-594 campaign.

Keely Hopkins                                                        Adina Atwood
           [email protected]                                [email protected]
           541-910-3395                                                           425-351-4088
           Mill Creek, WA                                                         Lakewood, WA
•         We are also conducted a series of Workshops to increase opposition to I-594 in Lakewood, Spokane and Ellensburg.

•While we don’t have millions of dollars to invest in ads the way our opponents do, we are engaged in an aggressive PR campaign that includes:  billboards, digital ads, and social networking.

•         The cover story in the September issue of America's 1st Freedom was an article on I-594 and every member in the state of Washington will be receiving information about the initiative in the October issue of their membership magazine.  The magazine will include an I-594 insert and bumper sticker.  

•         We have formed a political action committee (PAC) and launched a website specifically to defeat I-594.  
While we are very engaged in defeating Michael Bloomberg and I-594 in Washington State, keep in mind he has pledged 50 million dollars to attack gun rights all across America, so we're fighting the anti-gun elitists on multiple fronts and in multiple states.  As NRA-ILA doesn’t have unlimited financial resources, we have to continue to reach our members at a grassroots level and encourage them to spread the word to others.

Rest assured NRA-ILA will continue to work to defeat Initiative 594.   The best thing you can do to assist is to enhance your activism in our efforts and engage with our Campaign Field Representatives to make sure every Washington voter who supports our Second Amendment rights VOTES NO ON I-594!
For more information about what you can do to help, visit https://www.voteno594.com/take-action/

Thank you again for contacting us.

Alex H.
NRA-ILA Grassroots Division
www.nraila.org
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 5:10:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Last night I contacted the NRA-ILA to ask them what they are doing to help us defeat 594 because we aren't seeing them.  Here is the response:

Thank you for contacting the NRA-ILA regarding Initiative 594 in Washington State, which is strongly opposed by NRA.

I-594 is the latest and most comprehensive and well-funded attempt to restrict the rights of law-abiding gun owners in Washington State.  Although proponents describe it as a “universal background check” measure, I-594 is, in reality, a universal handgun registration scheme being pushed by a very wealthy group of anti-gun elitists. That is not hyperbole, it is fact.  Under I-594, every time a handgun is transferred, the person receiving the handgun will have their name added to the government database being maintained by the state Department of Licensing.  In other words, I-594 would create a government record of all lawfully transferred firearms in Washington, which would facilitate their future confiscation.

While we won’t be able to match the millions of dollars being spent by Michael Bloomberg and his anti-gun millionaire cronies, NRA has been actively fighting to defeat the measure and will continue to do so.  Below are some of the activities we have and will continue to undertake:

•         Hired and deployed two Campaign Field Representatives (contact information below), who have been working for months recruiting volunteers; attending events; distributing stickers, literature, door hangers, buttons, and yard signs; overseeing phone banks; visiting target households; and recruiting supportive businesses to serve as Second Amendment Activist Centers and distribute our materials to their customers.  All of these activities have been supplemented by our Election Volunteer Coordinators, who live in Washington State, as well as by NRA Headquarters staff who have made numerous trips to Washington State to engage in the anti-I-594 campaign.

Keely Hopkins                                                        Adina Atwood
           541-910-3395                                                           425-351-4088
           Mill Creek, WA                                                         Lakewood, WA
•         We are also conducted a series of Workshops to increase opposition to I-594 in Lakewood, Spokane and Ellensburg.

•While we don’t have millions of dollars to invest in ads the way our opponents do, we are engaged in an aggressive PR campaign that includes:  billboards, digital ads, and social networking.

•         The cover story in the September issue of America's 1st Freedom was an article on I-594 and every member in the state of Washington will be receiving information about the initiative in the October issue of their membership magazine.  The magazine will include an I-594 insert and bumper sticker.  

•         We have formed a political action committee (PAC) and launched a website specifically to defeat I-594.  
While we are very engaged in defeating Michael Bloomberg and I-594 in Washington State, keep in mind he has pledged 50 million dollars to attack gun rights all across America, so we're fighting the anti-gun elitists on multiple fronts and in multiple states.  As NRA-ILA doesn’t have unlimited financial resources, we have to continue to reach our members at a grassroots level and encourage them to spread the word to others.

Rest assured NRA-ILA will continue to work to defeat Initiative 594.   The best thing you can do to assist is to enhance your activism in our efforts and engage with our Campaign Field Representatives to make sure every Washington voter who supports our Second Amendment rights VOTES NO ON I-594!
For more information about what you can do to help, visit https://www.voteno594.com/take-action/

Alex H.
www.nraila.org
View Quote

Sound like "you got what your going to get. Good luck guys"

I do have to say,if you end up needing to call Keely or Adina, they will call you back. I found that out first hand when i was making the rounds tracking down my bumper stickers and yard signs
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 5:37:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Don't have millions? My ass!
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 6:00:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 6:42:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Funny, they had 3 million dollars when they defeated trigger locks in 97. But now that something much more odious is on the table they are no where to be found.

Fuck the NRA, and when they call asking for money I am gonna give them a piece of mind.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny, they had 3 million dollars when they defeated trigger locks in 97. But now that something much more odious is on the table they are no where to be found.

Fuck the NRA, and when they call asking for money I am gonna give them a piece of mind.

I dont have a leg to stand on when it comes to bitching about the nra. I quit giving them my money years ago when i paid for two years worth of membership then one year rolls by and they start hounding me like a cocollection agency. So i said screw em
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 7:09:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Alex H.
www.nraila.org
View Quote

Standard clown in the canned box reply. I got two in one day. What a joke. I've been calling them. Yes I called Adina. She texted me and says she owes me a call and acted as is this other gal from NRA HQ was supposed to call me.....

Basic question: WHY NO "NO ON 594" ADS ON KOMO, KONG, KIRO?

No real answer yet!
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 7:57:16 PM EDT
[#21]
I just relied with this:

This isn’t good enough.  People need to see TV commercials countering the BS claims on the pro ads (the crap about other states with full background checks having lower domestic violence and police murder rates), making it clear how this make a GUN REGISTRY and the penalties for LOANING a gun to a friend, even at a range.

Gun people here are asking, “where is the NRA.”  They (we) are not liking the crappy response to this and are questioning what good the NRA is doing.  A poor fight here may well LOSE NRA MEMBERS.

Teddydog
Dupont, WA
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:20:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Well I got my ballot today and filled it out as soon as it came, It will be in the mail tomorrow with my NO vote on 594.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:22:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Well I got my ballot today and filled it out as soon as it came, It will be in the mail tomorrow with my NO vote on 594.
View Quote

Thank you.

God help us.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:40:39 PM EDT
[#24]
x2, voted today, it goes out in the mail tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 4:33:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
x2, voted today, it goes out in the mail tomorrow.
View Quote

voted as well. I dont have much influence with many people though, small social cirlce and all that.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 4:36:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:00:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Tonight's news spent way more time on the 100 or so (they said) Pro 594 supports at their rally than the "couple of hundred" Anti 594 at theirs.  Biased pricks.

Rob
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:48:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Reading the actual text I was surprised how much stricter RCW 9.41.010 (1) was in the definition of a " Antique Firearm " vs the Federal Definition.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:18:37 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Standard clown in the canned box reply. I got two in one day. What a joke. I've been calling them. Yes I called Adina. She texted me and says she owes me a call and acted as is this other gal from NRA HQ was supposed to call me.....

No real answer yet!

View Quote

I met Adina at the rally, she's good people, we talked on Facebook. She's not some suit, she started out as a vol with the NRA.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:26:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I met Adina at the rally, she's good people, we talked on Facebook. She's not some suit, she started out as a vol with the NRA.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No real answer yet!

Did she tell you why no NRA TV ads yet?

Yes she is good and really pro-gun.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:43:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed!
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:39:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Agreed!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed!

hey they made sure that they put NRA big and bold on the signs they provided so everyone knows who is "helping"
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:16:14 PM EDT
[#33]
I saw one of the YES on 594 commercials.  It featured a woman whose mother was shot by her domestic partner.  They then make the leap to, without 594 a domestic abuser could buy a gun through a private sale or gun show without a background check.

Wait, did she say that's where her mother's shooter got the gun?  No, she didn't, she cleverly inferred the connection.  

Wait, does she really believe that a domestic partner intent on murder would change his/her mind if they weren't able to buy a gun?  I suppose it would go like this, "Hmmm, I really had my heart set on murdering you with a gun, but since I cannot run out right now and buy one, I guess I'll go play golf."

In her particular situation 594 wold actually INCREASE the danger to her mother.  Someone intent on murder has little loyalty to the method or tool they use to commit murder, they're pretty much focused on killing.  The actual facts would bear that out- as guns are used less often than claw hammers or pipes.  So this mother has a domestic partner who has suddenly gone violent; what are her options?  She cannot buy a handgun herself for protection because Washington already has a waiting period.  If 594 passes, she won't be able to borrow one from her dad or friend.

Sadly, this level of analysis isn't an option for the majority of sound-bite voters.  

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:54:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I saw one of the YES on 594 commercials.  It featured a woman whose mother was shot by her domestic partner.  They then make the leap to, without 594 a domestic abuser could buy a gun through a private sale or gun show without a background check.

Wait, did she say that's where her mother's shooter got the gun?  No, she didn't, she cleverly inferred the connection.  

Wait, does she really believe that a domestic partner intent on murder would change his/her mind if they weren't able to buy a gun?  I suppose it would go like this, "Hmmm, I really had my heart set on murdering you with a gun, but since I cannot run out right now and buy one, I guess I'll go play golf."

In her particular situation 594 wold actually INCREASE the danger to her mother.  Someone intent on murder has little loyalty to the method or tool they use to commit murder, they're pretty much focused on killing.  The actual facts would bear that out- as guns are used less often than claw hammers or pipes.  So this mother has a domestic partner who has suddenly gone violent; what are her options?  She cannot buy a handgun herself for protection because Washington already has a waiting period.  If 594 passes, she won't be able to borrow one from her dad or friend.

Sadly, this level of analysis isn't an option for the majority of sound-bite voters.  

View Quote

The majority of voters seem to think that firearm ownership is a privilege and not a right and that is should be "difficult" to exercise that "privilege".
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:04:28 PM EDT
[#35]
so far I have only seen one set of YES 594 signs and one YES 594 sticker.

I have seen lots of No 594s on the streets around Tacoma, and saw one bumper sticker on I-5N today.

maybe it is area specific but it seems like the vast majority I talk to around my parts are very much against 594
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:36:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
so far I have only seen one set of YES 594 signs and one YES 594 sticker.

I have seen lots of No 594s on the streets around Tacoma, and saw one bumper sticker on I-5N today.

maybe it is area specific but it seems like the vast majority I talk to around my parts are very much against 594
View Quote

Saw my first "YES 594" sign on Saturday, myself. Was positioned behind each "YES 591" sign and was located in the Factoria area of Bellevue, close to West Coast Armory.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:49:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

You want to get really pissed off?

The woman in that commercial, Rory Graves, is "social media coordinator" for ParentMap.com

Here's a more detailed story on how her mom was shot: https://www.parentmap.com/article/normal-from-the-outside-a-familys-story-of-guns-and-domestic-violence

If you read the story, you will note that her mom's partner was a reserve police officer and gun collector - in other words he was not legally prohibited from owning guns, and therefore a UBC law would have done nothing to prevent him from owning them. Of course the commercial makes no mention of any of these details, since the general public would probably scratch their heads at the suggestion that a police officer may not have passed a background check to purchase a gun. Once again, 594 would not have done anything to save the situation, but Rory Graves doesn't care.

Why might Rory Graves not care? Possibly because she is a 594 campaign donor herself ($100), and her employer ParentMap.com has also donated nearly $2452.50 - this was all pulled from WA PDC donor info for WAGR/594 - you can search for RORY GRAVES and "PARENT MAP" to find all of the combined contributions:  http://www.pdc.wa.gov/MvcQuerySystem/CommitteeData/contributions?param=V0FTSEFHIDEwMQ====&year=2014&type=initiative

Rory Graves' bio page at ParentMap.com (https://www.parentmap.com/author/rory-graves) is also filled with various stories penned by her, parroting the typical gun control promotional claptrap, including riveting stories on Nick Hanauer and WAGR and Moms Demand Action

Obviously Rory Graves is not just someone who they picked off of the street. She is likely social pals with Nick Hanauer, and she just conveniently happened to have a family member who was shot by someone, an outcome that never would have been affected by initiatives like 594 in the first place.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:19:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Got my ballot today, will be shipping it off tomorrow.

How many times do you think they'll have to "recount" and "discover new ballots" before they get the results they want?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:23:54 PM EDT
[#39]
0 times, ours go directly to the shred bin in order to 'make room' for the illegal immigrant vote.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:10:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The woman in that commercial, Rory Graves, is "social media coordinator" for ParentMap.com

Here's a more detailed story on how her mom was shot: https://www.parentmap.com/article/normal-from-the-outside-a-familys-story-of-guns-and-domestic-violence

If you read the story, you will note that her mom's partner was a reserve police officer and gun collector - in other words he was not legally prohibited from owning guns, and therefore a UBC law would have done nothing to prevent him from owning them. Of course the commercial makes no mention of any of these details, since the general public would probably scratch their heads at the suggestion that a police officer may not have passed a background check to purchase a gun. Once again, 594 would not have done anything to save the situation, but Rory Graves doesn't care.

Why might Rory Graves not care? Possibly because she is a 594 campaign donor herself ($100), and her employer ParentMap.com has also donated nearly $2452.50 - this was all pulled from WA PDC donor info for WAGR/594 - you can search for RORY GRAVES and "PARENT MAP" to find all of the combined contributions:  http://www.pdc.wa.gov/MvcQuerySystem/CommitteeData/contributions?param=V0FTSEFHIDEwMQ====&year=2014&type=initiative

Rory Graves' bio page at ParentMap.com (https://www.parentmap.com/author/rory-graves) is also filled with various stories penned by her, parroting the typical gun control promotional claptrap, including riveting stories on Nick Hanauer and WAGR and Moms Demand Action

Obviously Rory Graves is not just someone who they picked off of the street. She is likely social pals with Nick Hanauer, and she just conveniently happened to have a family member who was shot by someone, an outcome that never would have been affected by initiatives like 594 in the first place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that is how you bust a story. Well done!
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:29:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Look up the story of Rev. Sandy Brown. One of the writers of I-594. He is a sneaky lying guy, if there ever is one. Plays the press perfectly and was for sure at the No on 594 rally and got the most coverage.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:55:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Got my ballot today, will be shipping it off tomorrow.

How many times do you think they'll have to "recount" and "discover new ballots" before they get the results they want?
View Quote

It will depend on how many more votes for NO on i-594 they "count" the first time.  

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:52:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Look up the story of Rev. Sandy Brown. One of the writers of I-594. He is a sneaky lying guy, if there ever is one. Plays the press perfectly and was for sure at the No on 594 rally and got the most coverage.
View Quote

Sandy Brown was literally staring at me at the rally.  I think I kinda flabbergasted him.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:57:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/politicsnorthwest/2014/09/25/former-pastor-will-compete-for-city-council-seat-in-north-seattle/

we need to ensure he doesn't get elected. need to find an alternative candidate to back.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:00:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Who wrote I-594?  When I talked to Senator Pedersen he claimed to have written HB1588 (when in the House) and admitted there were problems with the bill.  I've not found anyone who claims ownership of I-594.

Randy
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:06:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Who wrote I-594?  When I talked to Senator Pedersen he claimed to have written HB1588 (when in the House) and admitted there were problems with the bill.  I've not found anyone who claims ownership of I-594.

Randy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Randy

"Closing the background check loophole will save people's lives in Washington State," said Sandy Brown who helped author the initiative.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Voters-consider--279683662.html

One tidbit from his past: http://www.komonews.com/opinion/kenschram/4856831.html

Of course KING5 doesn't point out who he is, nor point out they actually do know and are buddies with him. Anyone who thinks the news stations aren't in cahoots with these people, are just plain ignorant.

http://www.king5.com/story/news/politics/2014/10/18/seattle-i-594-rally/17529559/
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:08:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:04:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:10:22 PM EDT
[#49]
It's my understanding that all handgun purchases made at an FFL in WA are registered currently.  594 just widens that to all private sales so they they are all accounted/registered for, correct?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:15:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
It's my understanding that all handgun purchases made at an FFL in WA are registered currently.  594 just widens that to all private sales so they they are all accounted/registered for, correct?
View Quote

Transfers.

And rifles/shotguns.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top