Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2014 10:22:55 PM EDT
So I am getting ready to get married for my third time, first wife ended up being a cheater, second wife ended up being a drug addict, third soon to be wife is a wonderful woman who I have been with for 6 years and have two children with (no children with the other two).

So since I am finally getting married to a good woman I went out and found myself the perfect wedding ring that is defiantly my style, a black zirconium ring with a deer antler inlay for $455.00. they don't make them till they are ordered so I had to wait a few weeks for it to come in.

Then we come to today, I check my email and see that it was shipped due to be delivered today. I get home at 3:30 from work, and at 4:15 go out to get the mail with only junk mail in the box. No Ring. I check the USPS tracking on it and it says it has been delivered. So now I'm pissed, either my mailman is so fucking incompetent that he screws up a three number address or he is a crook. So I called the USPS customer service line and sit on hold for 30 minutes before I get even more pissed and hang up and head to the local branch to chew someone's ass. But guess what they are closed.

So when I get home I go around my neighborhood knocking on doors asking my neighbors who are all good people to see if it was delivered to them by mistake, Nope. Then I came home and sent an FYI email to the manufacturer, and another less than nice email to USPS since they don't answer their phones.

Good thing is I know someone didn't drive on by after mail delivery and steal mail since two of my neighbors have cameras covering the mailboxes.

Now I just have to sit here fuming all night and all day at work until I get home from work tomorrow till I can go to the local USPS branch.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:03:24 PM EDT
[#1]
If this is the low point of marriage #3, you're going to be fine... :)
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:08:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had that happen with the mail before, and most times it magically shows up a few days after it was supposedly "delivered".

Of course the USPS stole the Sig GSR 1911 slide I had sent off for refinishing, so I wouldn't put that past them.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:42:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I use my PO Box for all my mail deliveries.  Now they also receive UPS and FedEx so no more doubts.

Congrats, and good luck with the package!

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:56:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I have found the USPS to be about worthless.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:25:41 PM EDT
[#5]
It is really common for us to have something marked as delivered a day or two before it is actually delivered.  I think lazy delivery guys scan things as delivered when they load the truck, and sometimes they don't get to dropping it off for a day or two.  That or sometimes there's a hand off where a delivery service marks it as delivered when really they "delivered" it to USPS and then they deliver it in the next few days.  I don't know, but I've only had something misdelivered once, and it eventually found its way to me.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:36:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok, I got my ring now. I called this morning and by noon they found it and had a manager deliver it to my house, apparently it was delivered to the wrong house. After seeing this ring I can now recommend titanium buzz if your looking for a ring that is not the ordinary stuff regular jewellers sell.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 9:35:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 10:04:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I found ex-wife #3 to be about as worthless as the other two...
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:34:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

So I am getting ready to get married for my third time, first wife ended up being a cheater, second wife ended up being a drug addict, third soon to be wife is a wonderful woman who I have been with for 6 years and have two children with (no children with the other two).

So since I am finally getting married to a good woman I went out and found myself the perfect wedding ring that is defiantly my style, a black zirconium ring with a deer antler inlay for $455.00. they don't make them till they are ordered so I had to wait a few weeks for it to come in.

Then we come to today, I check my email and see that it was shipped due to be delivered today. I get home at 3:30 from work, and at 4:15 go out to get the mail with only junk mail in the box. No Ring. I check the USPS tracking on it and it says it has been delivered. So now I'm pissed, either my mailman is so fucking incompetent that he screws up a three number address or he is a crook. So I called the USPS customer service line and sit on hold for 30 minutes before I get even more pissed and hang up and head to the local branch to chew someone's ass. But guess what they are closed.

So when I get home I go around my neighborhood knocking on doors asking my neighbors who are all good people to see if it was delivered to them by mistake, Nope. Then I came home and sent an FYI email to the manufacturer, and another less than nice email to USPS since they don't answer their phones.

Good thing is I know someone didn't drive on by after mail delivery and steal mail since two of my neighbors have cameras covering the mailboxes.

Now I just have to sit here fuming all night and all day at work until I get home from work tomorrow till I can go to the local USPS branch.
View Quote

The PO has been losing my mail for YEARS now...

Government sucks at any sort of business enterprise... UPS & FedEx have a much better record of actually doing their job...
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 5:18:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im reluctantly a witness.

Im still on #1. I have no plans on going anywhere.

I do not know how she puts up with my shit, but she does. If she ever decides not to anymore.....There will NOT be a #2.

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:56:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I do not know how she puts up with my shit, but she does. If she ever decides not to anymore.....There will NOT be a #2.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey, if I ever said, "can I have a witness?"...CavVet is the only witness I will ever need!  Thank you, Brother!
Now, when we hear all this "two is one and one is none" bullshit...let me speak for myself and other multiple-marriage survivors...
I'm pretty damn sure no matter what your survivorship rating is, you Men never entered the marriage thinking "this won't last"...am I right?
IF you ever, after having survived any number of damaged marriages, found yourself in a situation where the number you left off with equals 'never succeeded in THAT scenario' and found yourself with a Woman that would rank as #1 ( like, because, you've actually never had a real marriage before ) well, I'd go for it.
You'll never get another chance and you ain't gettin' any younger.

Seriously, 0-for-3 ain't nothin'...!!!  IF you've waited long enough for #1...!  
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 8:17:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's because if you leave #1 she's gonna drop you into a mixer and have you poured as part of her new patio.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top