Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2014 1:05:22 AM EDT
I just looked on the NFA Tracker site & count at least (7) recent WA. SBR approvals by examiner Jason Bowers.
(3) of them are described as "Stripped AR Lower"  
and I know Sandra Snook has approved 1 or 2 as well.

Jason Bowers NFA examiner approvals

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 11:43:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Ted Clutter signed mine.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 1:09:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ted Clutter signed mine.
View Quote

What type of SBR & how long did it take for approval?

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 1:20:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Efiled form 1s are coming back in about 30 days right now and even less in some cases. Now is the time to efile! :)
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 10:13:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Efiled form 1s are coming back in about 30 days right now and even less in some cases. Now is the time to efile! :)
View Quote

Why would efiled form 1s get approved any sooner than mailed ones??  Once they receive either type of filing..,  you would think it would have to jump through all the same hoops. I could see it saving a day or two on the front end.., but I don't get why anything else would be dfferent.

Please advise!

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 10:25:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Why would efiled form 1s get approved any sooner than mailed ones??  Once they receive either type of filing..,  you would think it would have to jump through all the same hoops. I could see it saving a day or two on the front end.., but I don't get why anything else would be dfferent.

Please advise!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please advise!

I don't know why it is faster.  I snail mailed my 2 copies of a form 1 on 23 June.  It went 'pending' 30 June.  No other updates.  I e-filed a form 1 on 26 June and it was approved on 2 August.

I just submitted one today and I will update when it is approved.  I expect it to be approved between Sept 15 and Sept 30 based on what I've been seeing on the NFA tracker and people reporting on this website.  I recall seeing as few as 23 days with e-file.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:41:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I don't know why it is faster.  I snail mailed my 2 copies of a form 1 on 23 June.  It went 'pending' 30 June.  No other updates.  I e-filed a form 1 on 26 June and it was approved on 2 August.

I just submitted one today and I will update when it is approved.  I expect it to be approved between Sept 15 and Sept 30 based on what I've been seeing on the NFA tracker and people reporting on this website.  I recall seeing as few as 23 days with e-file.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please advise!

You wait while they process your payment ( check or MO) with snail mail, you jump ahead of that same wait time if you pay with a card. That may be the only real difference but there is a significant difference in wait times currently.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:17:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I submitted the F1 via eForms on Sunday.  Will see how long it takes.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 7:04:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Filed mine July 19, got approved Aug 15.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:12:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ted Clutter signed mine.

10.5" on a colt 6920 by trust, I submitted it on the 27th of june and finally got approval after coming back from vacation and fixing a typo on august 16.

If I hadn't been on vacation and had the right name in box 3b it would have been earlier.

Oh well, I have it now.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:47:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm new to this: Why does a Form 1 get approved so quickly compared to a Form 4?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:18:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm new to this: Why does a Form 1 get approved so quickly compared to a Form 4?
View Quote

Form4s are paper only currently, form 1s are available in both paper and efiling.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:36:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Also when you eFile you are doing the data entry for them. If you mail paper forms, they sit in a pile and someone at ATF has to enter it all back into their system. Also, you pay online and it gets approved before you can eFile, unlike paper submission where you have to wait for payment to clear to be put into the queue.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 2:59:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Received my Stamped Form 1 today.

Timeline

Filed Form 1 w/Trust by mail -- 6/27
Pending -- 7/7
Approved -- 9/7
Received Stamped Form 1 -- 9/12
Couldn't read the examiners signature....., but the Initals on stamp are DGM??

SBR

PSA  Lower & Gibbz G4 upper w/7.5" bbl

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:33:51 AM EDT
[#14]
6/27? I mailed my shit in on the 12th. Where is my stamp!?!?!?!  
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:17:27 AM EDT
[#15]
F1 SBR.

Submitted 17 AUG 14

Approved 11 SEP 14

efile still shows "submitted" water mark, so I used ask an expert to send an email requesting assistance just now.

ETA: email with approved F1 attachment received - stamp and no watermark.

Life is good.

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 12:57:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Submitted: 8-15-2014
Approved: 9-15-2014
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:06:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Got my ps90 sbr in 19 days. Now I'm waiting on more. They're addictive.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:42:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Got my ps90 sbr in 19 days. Now I'm waiting on more. They're addictive.
View Quote

You doing the ps90 conversion yourself?  You have the barrel or are you going to remove the shroud then send the barrel out for cutting/crown/thread/adapter?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:17:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Called today to check the status of my SBR purchased from Rainier Arms at the end of April. I was told it "should be" approved around FEBUARY 2015. Can't understand such a difference big difference between paper and e-file. Plus projecting a date that far out seems insane. Oh well, been through long waits before. Maybe I will just e-file something else in the mean time to hold me over.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:58:49 PM EDT
[#20]
I filed paper Form 1s on June 19. They were approved Sept 5th. I efiled and got it back in 20-some days... Paper forms aren't taking THAT long. Don't know about Form 4s though, which is what your Rainier Arms transfer will be.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:03:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Called today to check the status of my SBR purchased from Rainier Arms at the end of April. I was told it "should be" approved around FEBUARY 2015.
View Quote

Translation: "STOP CALLING US, YOU'LL GET IT WHEN YOU GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:56:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:00:02 AM EDT
[#23]
I called on sep 3rd on a form 4 AOW that paperwork was put in April they told me January. My dealer got the paperwork on the 11th and the paperwork was approved on September 4th. So what I get from that is the people who awnser the phones are full of shit.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:06:40 PM EDT
[#24]
There's no need to be rude about it. It's common knowledge that the CSRs don't know for sure when your application will be reviewed / approved. Customers being needy and rude probably has motivated them to provide such "estimates", which likely don't have much basis beyond what the operators have "heard" or have been told by supervisors. In any case, there's zero reason to call the NFA branch and ask for an estimate, because accurate information literally isn't available. They don't know when your dinner will be ready either, so stop calling them and asking where your sammich is.

That said, there's nothing wrong with calling to check the pending or approved status of an application. That is something that the CSRs DO know, so it's a legit question.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top