Link Posted: 2/1/2015 6:57:04 PM EDT
[#1]
GO HAWKS!
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 11:06:22 PM EDT
[#2]
STUPID MOTHERFUCKERS.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 11:15:24 PM EDT
[#3]
What kind of play call was that?  Lynch should have had 3 tries to pound that ball across.  WTF.  Sadness.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 11:29:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, time to find a new offensive coordinator, ours oughtta walk for that stupidity.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 11:30:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm just now calming down. I don't know what in the everlivingfuck they were thinking.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 11:42:14 PM EDT
[#6]
What's truly important is that the Hawks lost and the rest of us Washingtonians who loathe them won't have to put up with another year of insufferable gloating.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 11:46:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's truly important is that the Hawks lost and the rest of us Washingtonians who loathe them won't have to put up with another year of insufferable gloating.
View Quote

Instead the whole country gets to hear about the F-ing Patriots and their dynasty and dominance.  THAT'S insufferable gloating.  They may have won this game fair and square, but they're still cheaters.

Rob
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 11:46:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote

No, you'll have to put up with another year of whining.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 11:49:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Instead the whole country gets to hear about the F-ing Patriots and their dynasty and dominance.  THAT'S insufferable gloating.  They may have won this game fair and square, but they're still cheaters.

Rob
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Rob

The Patriots didn't win the game, Russell Wilson handed the game to the Patriots on a 1 yard sized silver platter.

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 11:52:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The Patriots didn't win the game, Russell Wilson handed the game to the Patriots on a 1 yard sized silver platter.  
View Quote

Carrol took responsibility for the play call.  

ETA:  Hmmm.  Not 100% sure about that now, and I don't feel like listening anymore,
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 12:01:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
STUPID STUPID STUPID.  
The better and smarter team won.

GIVE THE FUCKING BALL TO MARSHAWN LYNCH.
WIN THE GAME.
IT REALLY WAS THAT EASY.

View Quote

Well, the opening line from this thread says it all. What they hell were they thinking? Whoever called that play was an idiot.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 12:19:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Makes me think that the tin foil, conspiracy theorists are correct.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 10:05:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Fucking hilarious!  LMAO! Awesome to see loudmouth, predator hair, Richard Sherman crushed. Good to see they are back to normal. Made $50 too. Lol!
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 12:52:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hawks fan here ....

His ( Wilsons ) pass was well within the range of a 'good throw' / very catchable ball. The defender simply 'jumped the route' and beat the receiver ( Lockette ) to the ball. Its as simple as that.

With a time out and 30 seconds or so on the clock and 2nd and goal from the 24 inch line .... you don't even risk handing the ball off to Lynch in the backfield. You call a QB sneak on the 1st play ( 2nd down play ) NFL average is easily 80% success rate on a QB sneak to gain 1/2 a yard. lets say you DONT make it. You have a 2nd play called in the huddle for the 3rd down play that is a designed roll out pass.

The roll out pass has a few options: 1. throw the TD pass to a clearly wide open guy 2. Wilson keeps it and runs the ball in for a score or 3. throws the ball away and its now 4th down and you STILL have 1 time out left you can call after you get to the line of scrimmage on 4th and goal and see what their defensive set up is. Call the timeout and discuss your 4th and goal play and hope to score somehow. There is not a lot of room for recievers to get open when the line of scrimmage is the 1/2 yard line. That's why you run pass plays ( roll outs ) that gives the receivers time to get open or if you have a HUGE mismatch: super tall receiver vs a lot shorter corner ... you can toss a fade route / jump ball and hope your guy comes down with the ball.

Terrible play calling. They gave away the Super Bowl with a very VERY bad play calling decision at the end of the game.

Had it worked and Lockette scored on the quick slant ... everyone would be saying what a genius call it was to throw the ball.

That's the fine line it takes to win at that high of level of play.

Theres always next year
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 12:53:04 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm not mad at Russell for the throw or lockette for not catching it(contrary to what bevell said) but that they were put in that situation in the first place. I'm not an offensive coordinator nor do I play one on TV but we should have ran it via beast mode or read option. At worst if we had to throw then a goal line fade to the back corner of the end zone instead of throwing into traffic. And even if it would have worked I'd have been happy but I'd have questioned the decision just like I question us running when we are backed into the end zone in other games. Still love our team just a disappointing end.

Link Posted: 2/2/2015 1:23:18 PM EDT
[#16]
some stats guy on talk radio said this morning that Lynch ran the ball 5 times this year from the 1 yard line....and scored just once. That said, I would have run him. This isn't game 2 of the regular season, it's the SB, he would have pounded it in.

THAT said, I'm glad the seahawks lost. Their fans aren't good winners. I listen to a lot of talk radio every day on my commute, and the last thing I need to hear is 6 months of them being idiots. As it is, they'll cry about this play call for a few days and it'll be over.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 2:43:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Should have given the ball to Marshawn Lynch and let him punch it in.
Nothing more, nothing less.

Link Posted: 2/2/2015 3:55:54 PM EDT
[#18]
You can't give ALL the blame to Wilson and Carrol. Our 'LOB' gave up a double digit lead in the fourth quarter. We should have had that game wrapped up and not scrambling for it with a bobble catch by Kearse. It was quite the catch and he saved the game at that point but the 'best defense in the league' gave up a comfortable lead and then gave the lead to the Pats while our offense had to scramble again. Yeah, it was a stupid fucking call but if he would have caught it no one would have said shit and we'd be readying the parade floats.

Apparently we are already the favorite to win the SB next year.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 4:43:08 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm excited to see what trades/drafts we make.

next year will be a fun one.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 11:07:37 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

You can't give ALL the blame to Wilson and Carrol. Our 'LOB' gave up a double digit lead in the fourth quarter. We should have had that game wrapped up and not scrambling for it with a bobble catch by Kearse. It was quite the catch and he saved the game at that point but the 'best defense in the league' gave up a comfortable lead and then gave the lead to the Pats while our offense had to scramble again. Yeah, it was a stupid fucking call but if he would have caught it no one would have said shit and we'd be readying the parade floats.

View Quote

Not unless they get some depth in the second and third stringers on the offense and defense.

The injuries really hampered them and they didn't have the depth to replace them, unlike last year.

The defense could not stop Brady for the most part and the offense takes way too fucking long to get going.

Link Posted: 2/2/2015 11:18:40 PM EDT
[#21]
what I can't figure out is why Seattle is able to throw bombs "all day" in the 4th quarter and yet in the first 3 Qs they can't throw for shit. I understand sometimes teams go into prevent defenses or whatever, but it doesn't seem to matter of the hawks are in front or behind....they get into the 4th Q and it's like Brady and Moss out there. They need to find a way to be more consistent on offense if they wanna win more SBs with this team. The defense is pretty dang good, but that offense goes from total-POS to world-beaters and back again for no apparent reason.  Beast Mode leaving this off season probably won't help this team. They need to start racking up points in the first half. Then they'd be unstoppable.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 1:08:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Not unless they get some depth in the second and third stringers on the offense and defense.
The injuries really hampered them and they didn't have the depth to replace them, unlike last year.

The defense could not stop Brady for the most part and the offense takes way too fucking long to get going.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With the best defense in the league anytime we put 24 on the board we should win the fucking game. Period. The truth is that we didn't belong here. We got really lucky a lot this season which culminated against the Packers. The defense was down 3 starters and others had injuries majorly impacting their performance. The question now is can the team come together, become the unit that makes them so great all the while knowing that when it matters the most the guy calling the plays made the absolute wrong decision when it mattered most and went against every football rule in the book? Can they put their heart and soul into it again and get to that level knowing that?

Seattle should absolutely have a welcome home party for them at a bare minimum. They deserve the thanks for us getting this far, luck or not. There are 32 teams in the NFL. We have a lot to fucking be proud of and they do too.

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 3:15:17 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
With the best defense in the league anytime we put 24 on the board we should win the fucking game. Period. The truth is that we didn't belong here. We got really lucky a lot this season which culminated against the Packers. The defense was down 3 starters and others had injuries majorly impacting their performance. The question now is can the team come together, become the unit that makes them so great all the while knowing that when it matters the most the guy calling the plays made the absolute wrong decision when it mattered most and went against every football rule in the book? Can they put their heart and soul into it again and get to that level knowing that?

Seattle should absolutely have a welcome home party for them at a bare minimum. They deserve the thanks for us getting this far, luck or not. There are 32 teams in the NFL. We have a lot to fucking be proud of and they do too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can't disagree with anything you said.  

They do deserve a welcome home party.  I think too many bandwagon fans that don't really know or watch much football are going to be all too pissed at the team though.  Getting to the Super Bowl is a huge accomplishment and playing well in it is even better.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 2:02:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 6:01:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Not sure if this has been said yet as I'm not reading 9 pgs. of how stupid the play was.....What I will say is I have been a fan since 1978, I am NO bandwagon ANYTHING. Russel Wilson has made this a better team. He is going into his 4th year as a Pro and been to the Super Bowl Twice. I'm out.............
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top