Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2014 3:48:10 PM EDT
Signs been there several days but haven't seen a post on it.  

It belong to SAA or Tactical Taylor?
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 4:51:09 PM EDT
[#1]
SAA rented the building from Tac Tailor. Now that the Tacoma store has settled in there's not much reason to have two stores anymore. Interested to see what TT does with the place again once SAA is out.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 6:52:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Kill House
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 1:00:23 AM EDT
[#3]
They still going to do gunsmithing there???  On some things I like them better than Rainier.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 8:42:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
SAA rented the building from Tac Tailor. Now that the Tacoma store has settled in there's not much reason to have two stores anymore. Interested to see what TT does with the place again once SAA is out.
View Quote

They are very tight knit, I find it hard to believe that they are going close the shop down. Straight from the horses mouth, they lost the lease.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 8:55:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Word on the local forums is that TT is opening a gun store.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:08:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is the local rumor that I have heard, from several people.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:19:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

With prices like SAA's it wouldn't be all that hard to compete
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:45:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not as good as they used to be, but not quite "Wade's South" now that the panic is over.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:15:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TT chose not to renew our lease. We now have a new store in Tacoma. We outgrew the original store. They want to get into gun sales. The timing is good for both of us. The Coffey Family has been very fair with me. There are no hard feelings. They gave me a great opportunity. We were there for 6 great years. I have learned a lot.  Yes is is true TT is opening a gun store. They posted the name on their FB. I have not seen it. But I have been told the name of their gun store will be "Tactical Ammo & Arms"  I am sure they will serve the area well.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:53:12 AM EDT
[#10]
I heard it's going to be a retail pot shop.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:58:17 AM EDT
[#11]
I've bought rifles and handguns from SAA since I moved here in '13. A majority of their employees really were a pleasure to work with. However with that said, I went in there last Saturday and it was not the same. The attitude and general funk in the air was quite negative. It's obvious the employees keeping the place open until the move/closure of the lakewood shop don't want to be there.

I've been a supporter of SAA since I have had the positive experiences, but I'm really quite interested to see what TT has in store for us. Has nothing to do with location though, heck I'm sure I'll still stop by the Tacoma location. If location was the only factor, Chester has I-5 guns now, less than 2 minutes from my house. And I already know he'll bend over backwards to help people.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 7:47:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've bought rifles and handguns from SAA since I moved here in '13. A majority of their employees really were a pleasure to work with. However with that said, I went in there last Saturday and it was not the same. The attitude and general funk in the air was quite negative. It's obvious the employees keeping the place open until the move/closure of the lakewood shop don't want to be there.

I've been a supporter of SAA since I have had the positive experiences, but I'm really quite interested to see what TT has in store for us. Has nothing to do with location though, heck I'm sure I'll still stop by the Tacoma location. If location was the only factor, Chester has I-5 guns now, less than 2 minutes from my house. And I already know he'll bend over backwards to help people.
View Quote

I'm just a peon there! But thanks for the kind words.

Tac Tailor is opening a store soon according to their Facebook page and maybe their main page. They will be calling it Tactical Ammo & Arms.
I'm guessing that Mike and the people there are busy as hell getting things cleared out and ready to move. Plus a few changes to their schedules. I'd give them a bit of a pass on this.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 9:04:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey, peon or not. Gotta support the good guys. Stopped by there yesterday and today and both times were great. I look forward to a long relationship with you guys!
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 7:33:26 AM EDT
[#14]
I mostly impressed because they have tactical in the name.  

Maybe they'll open another store for the adults.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 10:11:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you know the history behind Tactical Tailor?  
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 11:43:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know what they used to be, and it matched their name.

I tried to get them to tailor a holster and the sales rep kept pushing one of their pre-made holsters on me, even though I repeatedly told him it wouldn't work in my application.  As in, "That holster will not work".  His response was, "Well that's all we have".  I like the store, they have a lot of cool stuff there, but I don't need or want a drop-leg one-size-sorta-fits-most holster.  

I'm not a cop and I'm no longer a soldier, and I don't have fantasies about finding myself in a 'tactical' situation.  I'm a regular guy now just going about my business.  If they want to open a gun store and use tactical in their name, meh, there are plenty of places I can buy a gun.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 3:41:57 PM EDT
[#17]
<#6>
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 4:41:34 PM EDT
[#18]
<#6>

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 4:31:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What he said ^^^^^^^^
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top