BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 4:04:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

English Pit in Vancouver is not permitting SBR as of yet.

Aren't the only ones allowed to inspect paperwork the BATFE themselves?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So... Anyone get hassled for using a F1 SBR at the local ranges? Did they check your F1 and the engraved location?

English Pit in Vancouver is not permitting SBR as of yet.

The previous ownership for Champion Range in Renton asked to look at my suppressor F4's...but Renton Fish and Game, Fed Way Guns, and the Tacoma Sportsmans Club have not asked to look at my suppressor F4's.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 4:13:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So... Anyone get hassled for using a F1 SBR at the local ranges? Did they check your F1 and the engraved location?
View Quote

Shot mine at the seattle police range yesterday with no probs. I told them I was going to as well, they just said "cool!"
I've never had them ask to see my forms for the cans either.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:14:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

A more accurate way to put it is that BATFE agents are the only ones empowered by federal law to demand to see your tax stamp, and do bad things to you if you refuse. A range, on the other hand, thanks to property rights, merely has the ability to ask to see it, and if you refuse, they have the right to ask you to leave and trespass you if you refuse.

So yeah, you can tell the range guy to "shove it", but he can also kick you out.

Personally, I think it's BS that ranges even ask. The supposed argument is that if the SBR is illegal, a range might be held liable for its misuse on their property. The problem is that ANY gun brought to the range might be illegal or stolen or illegal for the shooter to possess... and they don't harass people over disproving those possible (and frankly MUCH more likely) criminal deeds, so why do it with sbrs?

It's shit like this that motivates me to just go to the boonies to shoot and say "screw the range ". Like everything else good in life, lawyers are slowly screwing them up.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:03:41 AM EDT
[#4]
would your average range even know what to look for when asking for "papers, please"?

i am betting they wouldn't recognize a forged form if it was jammed up their ass.

so what the hell are they checking for, other than to play mall cop?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 8:10:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
would your average range even know what to look for when asking for "papers, please"?

i am betting they wouldn't recognize a forged form if it was jammed up their ass.

so what the hell are they checking for, other than to play mall cop?
View Quote

A lot of gun ranges are FFLs (rentals), so I am pretty sure they would be familiar with gun laws.

You will have some ignorance, but overall, they are clued.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 2:45:12 AM EDT
[#6]
18 days for my approval!
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 3:29:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm not sure I would either.  Since my paper forms are simply printed at home from the internet then copied after approval, it is child's play if I wanted to use Photoshop to enter in bogus model/serial numbers and dates to make a fake registration form.  

Other than calling the ATF to ask them for the detailed info on the form to see it is matches what you have in your hands, I don't know how anyone is going to recognize a bogus copy of an ATF form.  The new e-forms are  even easier to duplicate and modify.  Can you tell us how to recognize a fake form?  Thanks.

Randy
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 8:52:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I wouldn't want to be the guy caught with a fake form by an ATF agent.

Just sayin'.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:33:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I would still like to hear from bani on how to recognize a fake form.

Randy
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top