BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:53:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Kinda what I'm thinking but I would still like to know if my engraving will be an issue if I decide to assemble in OR.

I was all gung ho about assembling but then you start reading.....and thinking......

Dangerous combination lol.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't allow all this "talk" to make you over think it, just assemble at home and be done.

Kinda what I'm thinking but I would still like to know if my engraving will be an issue if I decide to assemble in OR.

I was all gung ho about assembling but then you start reading.....and thinking......

Dangerous combination lol.

My understanding is the location to be engraved is the location of the legal entity that made/filed the form 1, not the physical location the final assembly took place at. The purpose is to identify and locate if neccesary, the manufacturer later on.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:39:50 PM EDT
[#2]
that may be the purpose, but the law says city/state where it was made...
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:08:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Slightly off topic for a moment... I'll be moving back to Western Washington in June/July and planning to go with the NW gun law group to set up a trust once I purchase a house.  I seems that it's far quicker to efile the form 4s to the ATF verse mailing them out... I know it's probably an easy process to do the efiling yourself, but being a little paranoid of doing something wrong in the process, can a business who does Class III transfers "supervise/advise" in this process for a fee?

"I" would feel better knowing that a professional is basically supervising the first two submitted applications.  "I" fear the government, I just want to make sure everything is 110% correct.

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:27:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Slightly off topic for a moment... I'll be moving back to Western Washington in June/July and planning to go with the NW gun law group to set up a trust once I purchase a house.  I seems that it's far quicker to efile the form 4s to the ATF verse mailing them out... I know it's probably an easy process to do the efiling yourself, but being a little paranoid of doing something wrong in the process, can a business who does Class III transfers "supervise/advise" in this process for a fee?

"I" would feel better knowing that a professional is basically supervising the first two submitted applications.  "I" fear the government, I just want to make sure everything is 110% correct.

Thanks!!
View Quote

As long as you have your trust the Efile part is easy. There are youtube videos that will walk you through the process. No Efile on form 4s at this time though. Only Form 1s.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:19:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thanks!!
View Quote

If you want an attorney to set up a trust for you, use one who does estate planning, not a trust mill that turns out trademarked "gun trusts". Ive read through a bronze, about half of it was a rehash of federal law regarding who can own firearms legally. Pretty sure I could cut and paste that myself, for the silver/gold whatever I'm sure its more of the same.

Unless something has changed recently  you cant efile form4s, only form1s. If your purchasing on a form4  from a local dealer , they'll likely be assisting you.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:42:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:....for the silver/gold whatever I'm sure its more of the same.
View Quote

Well, as long you you're sure....about something you don't know anything about and have never seen.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:40:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I know it's probably an easy process to do the efiling yourself, but being a little paranoid of doing something wrong in the process, can a business who does Class III transfers "supervise/advise" in this process for a fee?
View Quote

If you are an individual and not a dealer/SOT/etc then the only ATF form you will be doing on your own is the Form 1 for SBR or make your own suppressor.  If you are buying a completed NFA item from a dealer then they are going to fill out the Form 4 on your behalf.  You simply supply your completed trust to the dealer and payment for the stamp.

As for filling out a Form 1 all by yourself, it's really easy, just follow this really good guide here on ARFCOM.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_17/415446_Visual_guide__How_to_fill_out_a_Form_1_using_EFORMS.html
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:46:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Two more Form 1's in the system.  One last Thursday and one today.  Since Friday the eForm site feels slower, I'm really curious is the Sig arm brace news has sparked a huge influx of Form 1 applications.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:25:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I hope not. I submitted my first ever on 1/11/15.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:44:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I hope not. I submitted my first ever on 1/11/15.
View Quote

Thats ok you would have got in before the Sig arm brace rush, if there is one.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:10:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Well, as long you you're sure....about something you don't know anything about and have never seen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:....for the silver/gold whatever I'm sure its more of the same.

If you have a silver or gold trust, please let me know exactly how much of the trust documents are just reworded versions or direct copy-paste  of the laws pertaining to firearms and firearms ownership. The only answer I've been able to get so far from a silver owner was "its a big binder" with no specifics.

http://nwgunlawgroup.com/gun-trusts/comparison-of-versions/
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:20:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Thank you for answering my questions!!  One last question...  If you open a trust and submit the SBR paperwork form(s) under the trust's name, would I need to engrave both my full name, the trust's name and my city and State OR just the trust's name, plus city and State?

Basically, I'm hoping to SBR my Uzi Model "B" carbine, a Colt M4 carbine (To 11".) and my Colt AR-15 9mm carbine first...  Later, a HK-94 carbine and a Arsenal SLR-104UR carbine.

I would like to get them engraved first BEFORE submitting any paperwork.

Again, thanks!!
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:42:59 AM EDT
[#13]
You engrave your full trust name, city, and state only.  Your personal name is not engraved.

EXAMPLE TRUST
CITY, STATE
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:43:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Dec. 21-Jan. 26
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:52:29 PM EDT
[#15]
gah, the norm just seems to be hovering at 35 days. It's weird because ATF claims they are processing forms faster than they are coming in right now....so that number should keep dropping, but it's been 'stuck' right in that range for several weeks now, it seems. Oh well, better than 14 months!  
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:50:10 PM EDT
[#16]
12/25 to 1/26 on the last one, pretty good including the holidays.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:09:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Just got mine back!

E-filed 12-21
APPROVED 1-25

Shipping my barrel off to Rainier soon to have the barrel cut down and the gas block pinned.  Can't wait!

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:17:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Just got mine back!

E-filed 12-21
APPROVED 1-25

Shipping my barrel off to Rainier soon to have the barrel cut down and the gas block pinned.  Can't wait!

View Quote

You got it on a Sunday!? I was expecting mine Friday (hoping to shoot over the weekend), it arrived Monday morning.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 4:56:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You got it on a Sunday!? I was expecting mine Friday (hoping to shoot over the weekend), it arrived Monday morning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just got mine back!

E-filed 12-21
APPROVED 1-25

Yeah, I thought it was kind of weird too. I didn't check the eForms site until yesterday, I figured it may be getting close.
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top