Posted: 7/26/2014 10:52:16 AM EDT
Four candidates. Anyone have any input?

Shane Gardner
Ed Owens
John Graser
Chuck Atkins
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 11:47:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I tried to send  an email to Gardner and it bounced.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 11:51:01 AM EDT
[#2]
If I could vote, it'd be Chuck Atkins He's got the experience and the track record as an effective leader. I personally think he's the most conservative of those running.

I really like Gardner and if Atkins wasn't running he'd have my support. He's definitely a community oriented kind of a guy and a hard worker.

I would not even consider Owens as a candidate. The reason for his firing from the Sheriff's Office should be enough of a disqualifier.

I don't know a thing about Graser other than in a Columbian article he bragged about voting for Obama in 2012.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 1:33:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I was hoping you had something to say Jonathon!

I agree on Owens.

I liked Gardners' approach here: CC @ Schools

Mainly because I work in one of the few professions where it is currently illegal to properly protect myself or my charges, my vote went his way.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:32:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I voted Atkins.

The guys at Brightwater Ventures were all speaking highly of him.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 12:21:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was hoping you had something to say Jonathon!

I agree on Owens.

I liked Gardners' approach here: CC @ Schools

Mainly because I work in one of the few professions where it is currently illegal to properly protect myself or my charges, my vote went his way.
View Quote

Honestly, the Sheriff's Office would be in good hands with Gardner or Atkins. I have a feeling that's who it'll come down to, which is definitely not a bad thing.

I think my only major disagreement with Gardner is his approach to drug addicts, but I tend to be a little more pessimistic on that subject compared to someone who's beat is outside the fence
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:28:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I was curious about this too. Gary Lucas was awesome about CLEO signoffs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top