Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2014 7:30:58 PM EDT
I have a friend who needs to sell his collection of 40+ firearms and I am asking for FFL recommendations on his behalf.  He lives in Pierce County.  He must sell to an FFL rather than private party due to a pending restraining order (it's based on lies).  

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 12:21:29 AM EDT
[#1]
PM'd.

Edit: I think, its not showing in my sent messages and I clicked the save box.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:32:10 AM EDT
[#2]
PM sent from my end.  Had to update account settings.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:55:44 PM EDT
[#3]
An RO requires you to dispose of your firearms to an FFL now?
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:51:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe they want proof of sale so he can prove he's not just saying he lost them in a boating accident. Haven't heard back yet from the owner.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 9:05:03 PM EDT
[#5]
its always a friend

is it our buddy Darrion Holiwell ?
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 9:31:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Can his attorney (if he has one) hold them for him while the RO is in place? See if the judge will allow a second party to take possession of them.

This worked for a friend of mine who's wife filed for divorce, and put
a BS emergency restraining order on him.  He wanted to have visitation with his son, and the only way the judge would approve it was
if he got rid of his firearms.

His attorney agreed to hold them for him - and the judge was ok with it.  This was total bull crud, but at least he did not have to sell his collection.  When the RO was dropped by his wife, his attorney gave him the weapons back.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:12:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He wanted to have visitation with his son, and the only way the judge would approve it was if he got rid of his firearms.
View Quote

Gee, judge, any other constitutionally enumerated "rights" I have you'd like me to waive so I can visit with my own children? </sarcasm>
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:16:12 AM EDT
[#8]
East County Guns has sold a collection belonging to one of my relatives who passed, (after I picked up the Savage 99).  Ask for Andy. 1-360-482-6770
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:13:58 PM EDT
[#9]
No comment on where to but that situation sure does suck!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top