Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2014 10:21:50 PM EDT
I am just curious if anybody knows if getting an SBR  stamp (form 1, trust) takes as long as it does for a suppressor?

I am getting ready to pick a lower to register as a SBR.

I took the suppressor plunge in early November of last year (trust) - and I am still waiting "patiently"...lol.   I just would like to know if
I should prepare myself for a 8 - 12 month wait time for an SBR stamp?

Thanks-
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 10:54:51 PM EDT
[#1]
From what I have seen, NFA items, regardless of type and form, take the same amount of time
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 10:58:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From what I have seen, NFA items, regardless of type and form, take the same amount of time
View Quote

That was the answer I was afraid I was going to get  Maybe things go faster after you get some stamps and you
are "in the system" ?  Probably wishful thinking on my part

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:22:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm at 7 stamps and it still takes the same amount of time
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:30:56 AM EDT
[#4]
The wait always sucks. The only thing that gets better with time is you realize how long it takes.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:49:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Definitely e-file your form 1 as that will at least cut the time between mailing paper forms and forms pending to nothing.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:32:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The wait always sucks. The only thing that gets better with time is you realize how long it takes.
View Quote

Stumps....you really know how to cheer a guy up...lol
What is the longest that you have had to wait - or do I really want to know?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:37:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Definitely e-file your form 1 as that will at least cut the time between mailing paper forms and forms pending to nothing.
View Quote

Thanks topper!

I just learned about the e-file a few days ago...glad to hear you agree it is the way to go.

I think I will call the "tax stamp masters" today, and see if I can get a status update.  I am kind of afraid to call though...
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:11:59 PM EDT
[#8]
This site is useful to get different Form 1 and Form 4 estimates.

http://www.nfatracker.com/
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:18:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks Boatswain....I have looked at this site.  It is frustrating for me personally...as I see some peoples seem to go through in just 3-4 months, and others similar to my current time.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:07:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Thanks Boatswain....I have looked at this site.  It is frustrating for me personally...as I see some peoples seem to go through in just 3-4 months, and others similar to my current time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When ATF first started their e-forms system, I did read about people getting forms processed in those sort of timeframes. Could it have been those approvals?

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:16:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

When ATF first started their e-forms system, I did read about people getting forms processed in those sort of timeframes. Could it have been those approvals?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am starting to think the e-forms might be the reason too.  The guy I purchased my cans from sent the stuff in via snail mail last November.  I am seeing form 4 trust suppressor approval times of 4 months on the NFA tracker site when I checked a few minutes ago! (March 14 submit - July 19 stamp approved)  
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:58:35 PM EDT
[#12]
EForms definitely yield a shorter wait time. You also have to remember that the wait time is also dependent on which Examiner you have. If I remember correctly, we still have Snookie, and she is still at about 7-8 months.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:59:55 PM EDT
[#13]
The only thing I have found that gives the appearance of speeding up the process is buying frequently, that way every few months something new shows up
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:00:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
EForms definitely yield a shorter wait time. You also have to remember that the wait time is also dependent on which Examiner you have. If I remember correctly, we still have Snookie, and she is still at about 7-8 months.
View Quote

"Snookie" is our states designated examiner?  

Snookie
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:02:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The only thing I have found that gives the appearance of speeding up the process is buying frequently, that way every few months something new shows up
View Quote

Now that is an official ar15 approved answer...."get both" and "buy frequently"...lol  
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:39:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Sandy and Angela get to them in whatever order they arrive. Doesn't matter if it's for a suppressor, SBR, AOW, or DD. Dealer to dealer and to or from a government agency are faster, but that's about the only time something is faster.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:44:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sandy and Angela get to them in whatever order they arrive. Doesn't matter if it's for a suppressor, SBR, AOW, or DD. Dealer to dealer and to or from a government agency are faster, but that's about the only time something is faster.
View Quote

I have tried calling to get an update for two days now, and only get an answering machine.  Maybe I should send some
flowers to Angela and Sandy?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top