Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2014 1:45:25 PM EDT
Can anyone recommend a repair center in Seattle? As I have a Canon lens that needs to be cracked open and put back together.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 7:25:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Glazer's

You going to be here through the 26th?
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 8:04:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 8:13:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Glazer's

You going to be here through the 26th?
View Quote

Yup, have to go down to Portland for Friday for work stuff, maybe tomorrow since hotel rooms are thin on the ground, back all next week so was going to call.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 8:17:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Perhaps http://www.cameratechs.com/

If it's a low end lens be ready to just say forget about it and buy a new one.  Hell depending on what it is I may have a dusty one laying around waiting to be shipped to KEH
View Quote

It is a 24-70 L lens, that it think has just rattled apart since I leave it on the body when traveling. I snapped a 1.4 converter in half when it was dropped in South Africa over Christmas, and had a shock that it cost twice as much to replace it as I paid 10 years ago....  At least picking it up tax free in Portland saved me loads compared to replacing it in the UK...
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 8:33:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 10:37:01 PM EDT
[#6]
if you need a lens in Portland while yours is being repaired, Glazer's also rents pro stuff.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 7:22:23 PM EDT
[#7]
If you are going to rent, I recommend lensrentals.com.  I have used them 5 or 6 times and they have been great and they are cheaper than Glazers.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 10:58:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:so was going to call.
View Quote

see you next Saturday
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top