Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2014 6:54:45 AM EDT
First time here and joining an online forum.  Hope my welcome goes easy.

Here to get educated and maybe join in on meets. Quick question, what is the issue for a member that obviously wants to know an answer then posts an already posted (question) topic. Is it the time members of the forum waste to read then answer or does it take from ar15's server I like to know seriously.  I may do this issue more then usual.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 7:08:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome.  If you have a question ask it if you can't find a thread easily.  Someone will always be upset about something, don't worry about it.  From what I have seen most of the people around this WA forum are cool people.  I've met a few in person and they are cool in person as well.  With one exception, he's a cranky bastard, but I ain't saying names
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 7:55:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome Flawless!

Where and what do you shoot?
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 8:08:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Welcome friend, as with all forums common sense prevails, if you ask a commonly asked question that can obviously be found by using the search button you will be given some shit, now that doesn't mean it won't get answered, it will, and then some.

As far as server issues, or admins do a very nice job of keeping the forum clean with relevent info on top, I think it's more of irritation with not using common sense and helping yourself, instead of asking for things like the Obama generation...

Anyhow what side of the state are ya on?
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 8:59:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Welcome
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 2:37:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome to the site.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 11:47:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Top of the Morning to ya

Sir James...
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 8:48:10 AM EDT
[#7]
They always forget the beer....

Welcome.  In order for us to get to know you better, please complete the following, and submit for review.

Clickify me.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 9:45:14 AM EDT
[#8]
That questionnaire is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 10:18:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Welcome.  In order for us to get to know you better, please complete the following, and submit for review.

Clickify me.
View Quote

Oh, now you've gone and done it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 11:51:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clickify me.

In before you know who....
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 2:28:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Welcome to the site and the WA HTF.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 4:02:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Howdy.... I am a Home Grown WA boy, Born and Bred on the Eastside....Fairly new here myself and I still don't understand all the acronyms. I get treated like a red headed step child because of said Genealogy and Geography. Except by Tweak, who gives me an occasional friendly Grunt now and then.  But all and all, not a bad place to hang around.

BT
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 1:56:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clickify me.

Shit, somebody had to.  Besides, hate to see a WAHTF rite of passage die out.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 7:29:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clickify me.

I never got to.
I feel left out.

It's cause I was a Californian isn't it?

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:09:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I never got to.
I feel left out.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clickify me.

I never got to.
I feel left out.

I'm betting most of the denizens of WaHTF are from "somewhere else"
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:13:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clickify me.

I never got to.
I feel left out.

Guilty  Just because my dad joined the army so I was born elsewhere.  Otherwise, my family has been here since prior to WWI on my moms side and since my dad on his side.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 1:27:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Howdy flawless!
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 7:47:59 PM EDT
[#18]
welcome. I don't post much but I spend a fair amount of time reading the forums. I get more out of AR15 than I do out of the news online, in less time, and with a round table discussion thrown in on each topic.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:09:28 AM EDT
[#19]
I have been here off and on for years and have still not been able to use the "search" function effectively.
I have tried everything, I dont even bother with it anymore.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:35:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have been here off and on for years and have still not been able to use the "search" function effectively.
I have tried everything, I dont even bother with it anymore.
View Quote

Need to have a Team membership.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:32:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:08:25 PM EDT
[#22]
I don't seem to have much success with the search function on this site.  If there was a tutorial thread on how to use it more effectively, I can't even find that.  

In any case, as was posted above, it seems that when asking a question, someone often feels the need to post something sarcastic, or snarky rather than simply saying they don't know the answer to your question, or admit they are in a bad mood.  But then after all, this is "that web site", and it has a reputation for that sort of behavior.  There are other web sites where people post in a more "professional" manner, but even those websites have their oddballs.  I think that behavior is just the internet, and the direction that the owner of the particular website directs (or fails to direct) the web site towards.

I try to either remain quiet, or give a reasonable answer to questions people post.  I have met some of the people on this site, and in person, they are mostly pretty decent people.  I think it is often the anonymity of the internet that makes people post things they usually wouldn't say in person.  If there are questions I can answer for you, I'll be happy to try and answer them.

All that having been said, welcome to the site, and the WAHTF.  I hope we (WAHTF) are able to help you find what it is you are looking for, and that you can meet some people you can enjoy shooting with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top