Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2014 7:49:25 PM EDT

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/King-County-voters-consider-road-bus-measure-256224861.html
SEATTLE (AP) - King County voters are rejecting a proposed sales tax
hike and an increase in the car tab fee to pay for roads and to prevent
cuts in Metro transit bus service.

In early returns posted Tuesday night, the measure was failing 55 percent to 45 percent.

Proposition
1 seeks a $60 car-tab fee and a one-tenth-of-a-cent increase in the
sales tax. The measure would raise about $130 million a year for 10
years, with 60 percent going to Metro Transit for bus service and 40
percent to pay for roads.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:20:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I won't celebrate quite yet, as Seattle always seems to miraculously find ballots that tip the scale in their favor at the last minute.

But so far, HELLS YEAH!

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:41:00 PM EDT
[#2]
AWESOME!
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:28:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Fuck yeah!!
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:43:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:11:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I handed out literature opposing prop 1 in an old blue-collar neighborhood I live in.  It was pretty clear most people were against it including: elderly people still living in the neighborhood, young families, hispanics, asians.  The only people that didn't were diehard true believers, including one home with a black family that owns a Range Rover with a "99%" bumpersticker.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:20:34 AM EDT
[#6]
my ballot signature - as usual - was challenged, so now I have to fill out a form and fax it to them or just let my "no" vote hit the floor.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:07:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Good.  Although I wouldn't have been surprised if it had passed.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:40:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Local radio host is talking about it.

He is saying we must have reached the tipping point when Lib-ville is even fed up
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:51:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

my ballot signature - as usual - was challenged, so now I have to fill out a form and fax it to them or just let my "no" vote hit the floor.
View Quote

thats your mistake.

take time to go to their office, make them explain why they challenged your signature, refuse that answer ask for a supervisor, rinse repeat and it wont happen again.

ask me how i know.

did i mention be loud and mean.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:07:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

thats your mistake.

take time to go to their office, make them explain why they challenged your signature, refuse that answer ask for a supervisor, rinse repeat and it wont happen again.

ask me how i know.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thats your mistake.

ask me how i know.

I'm convinced they challenge the ballot of anyone that's ever given money against the ruling party. Even when I respond to the challenge, they don't count the ballot (if I look on the website it never shows that I voted)
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:08:34 PM EDT
[#11]
One thing I learned about progressive demoshits is they never ever stop

http://www.king5.com/news/politics/Seattle-property-tax-initative-to-save-Metro-buses-256406191.html

If it’s passed, the initiative would raise the city’s property tax by 22 cents for every $1,000 of assessed value between 2015 and 2021. The owner of a $500,000 home would pay $110 per year.
View Quote

Its more likely to pass because they think only home owners have pay it, not renters, section 8 filth, or college fruitcakes living in dorms.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:35:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I'm convinced they challenge the ballot of anyone that's ever given money against the ruling party. Even when I respond to the challenge, they don't count the ballot (if I look on the website it never shows that I voted)

View Quote

We all know they are rigged in King County, I cant believe they dont even try and cover it...

(off to check my voting record)

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:28:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice to see you folks up north win one every so often...

Also reminds me why I'm glad I'm south of Tacoma....

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 3:45:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

http://www.king5.com/news/politics/Seattle-property-tax-initative-to-save-Metro-buses-256406191.html

Its more likely to pass because they think only home owners have pay it, not renters, section 8 filth, or college fruitcakes living in dorms.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

If it’s passed, the initiative would raise the city’s property tax by 22 cents for every $1,000 of assessed value between 2015 and 2021. The owner of a $500,000 home would pay $110 per year.

This will pass if it's on the ballot, it's seattle only, prop 1 passed in seattle. Fortunately the surrounding area voted no to a waste of licensing dollars.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:07:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

We all know they are rigged in King County, I cant believe they dont even try and cover it...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine also did not show (Snohomish) but the excuse was that the "site was experiencing problems".  Coincidentally, those "problems" did not seem to have been fixed until after the elections.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top