Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2014 9:24:47 AM EDT
This is the proposition that:

--increases local sales tax another .1%
--raises car tabs for King County residents another $60 plus the value portion
--permanently creates new taxing authority

--is the 5th in a string of revenue increases for Metro, none of which have resolved their problems

--is even oposed by the Seattle Times (but they're probably just showing token "balance" on this one issue)

Vote NO if you're in King County
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 2:05:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I've given up on responsible governance, I vote to defund everything.  Sunk cost fallacy. I can donate to fire and police directly.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 6:42:55 PM EDT
[#2]
You'd be surprised at the number of METRO employees that don't support this ...
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 7:46:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You'd be surprised at the number of METRO employees that don't support this ...
View Quote

I might know one.....
We talked about it at work this morning. The one die hard moonbat said they would cut busing to poor people and the sky would fall in.... it got a responsive chuckle by most!

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:12:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Done.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:36:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

--is the 5th in a string of revenue increases for Metro, none of which have resolved their problems

--is even oposed by the Seattle Times (but they're probably just showing token "balance" on this one issue)

View Quote

Tax hikes are about increasing revenue.  "Solutions" are not a King Co. thing, I don't care what they say spew.

If you're already holding your ankles, might as well keep keep your head down because you know this isn't the end of the BOHICA cycle.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 8:55:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Tax hikes are about increasing revenue.  "Solutions" are not a King Co. thing, I don't care what they say spew.

If you're already holding your ankles, might as well keep keep your head down because you know this isn't the end of the BOHICA cycle.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a dry run, and it's gonna hurt...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top