Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2014 5:36:23 PM EDT
Alright you hippie bastards, I'm heading up to SeaTac right now. Coming to see my brother get promoted but he has to work tomorrow and Friday during the day. Any suggestions on what to do during the day when I'm on my own? I'd really appreciate any suggestions on awesome coffee and local brews. Food and/or any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 5:38:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Any sweet gun shops? I brought a copy of my C&R just in case.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 6:14:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Rainier Arms (which reminds me I need to stop by there tomorrow, I broke a spring putting on a sling plate), Surplus Ammo, West Coast Armory.  As far as other stuff, depends on what you wanna do, there is the space needle, Pike place market, Seattle Underground.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:00:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Leave.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:52:01 PM EDT
[#4]
As far as eating and Brews, I have no idea to be honest, my idea of good eats is Red Robin.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 8:56:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Been here ten minutes and already seen two Starbucks. Stereotypes ain't stereotypes for nothing.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 9:02:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Leave.  
View Quote

Very soon. I promise.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 9:06:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Been here ten minutes and already seen two Starbucks. Stereotypes ain't stereotypes for nothing.
View Quote

Trust me your not missing much.  Wait until you hit downtown Seattle, there is one on every block it seems like.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 9:11:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Check out the LeMay car museum. It's really good. The building is really trippy because the floors appear to be sloped, but they're not. Bring some kind of ball to prove to yourself that the floors are level. http://www.lemaymuseum.org/
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 9:32:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Men's Room is a popular local brew. If you are in the JBLM area there are a couple gun shops right off the freeway by McChord Field (exit 125).
If you love seafood there are places all over, steamers in University Place is good.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:15:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Breweries:  Harmon Brewing, Tacoma; Fishtale Brewing, Olympia; Elysian Brewing, Pyramid Brewing, Pike Brewing in Seattle.  

Gun shops:  Rainier Arms in Auburn, Marys Pistols in Tacoma, Cascade in Lacey, Olympic Arms in Nisqually.  I don't think Mega Arms is open to the public but they are in Tumwater.

That should get you started.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:21:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh and the Ram, generally good food there.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:51:14 PM EDT
[#12]
the weather was decent today, did you get a good view of Mt. Rainier?
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:50:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Very soon. I promise.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Leave.  

Very soon. I promise.

gone yet?
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:59:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

gone yet?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Leave.  

Very soon. I promise.

gone yet?

That's just downright inhospitable!
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:10:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Leave.  

Very soon. I promise.

gone yet?

We all aren't like that.  Trust me if you have noticed a lot of us have welcomed you with open arms.  This is a great place to live.  BTW, did you happen to visit Rainier Arms yet???
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 5:34:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

We all aren't like that.  Trust me if you have noticed a lot of us have welcomed you with open arms.  This is a great place to live.  BTW, did you happen to visit Rainier Arms yet???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Leave.  

Very soon. I promise.

gone yet?

Ahh, I'm just kidding. I like this place. The people are pretty welcoming. Went and walked around Olympia and had some decent coffee. Went to Rainier Arms this afternoon and drooled over a Tavor and some Rainier uppers in .300BLK. Off to Seattle tonight.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 7:11:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Go to The Red Hot in Tacompton.  Beer and hot dogs!
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 8:34:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Leave.  

Very soon. I promise.

gone yet?

Someone's humor and sarcasm detector is not working properly.
We are not telling him to leave Washington, he asked what's there to do in the Tacoma/Olympia area, we told him the best thing to do (if you know how to read between the lines) in Tacoma/Olympia is to leave.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top