Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2014 7:16:54 AM EDT
Not looking too good.  I just drove past Boerner's firearms on my way to the office, and see a few too many LEO hanging out in the parking lot and taking lots of pictures.  I could see a crawl space access that looked torn up, and what looked like a lot of attention being paid back behind the building as well.  Definitely looked to me like a burglary investigation.  One quick phone call and I'm told the store "won't be open today".

Damn, I hate thieves!!!
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:22:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice shop and very helful.  Sorry this happened to them.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:54:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I've never been a huge fan of Boerner's, but that sucks. They're definitely in an area that's easy to be robbed without anyone noticing, especially from the back side. Their old location next to the gas station was probably more secure. Far too many tweakers and other low-lives in the area who see a prime spot when they know it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 1:56:33 PM EDT
[#3]
STORY LINK not too many details but definitely a break in

-Mike
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 2:15:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I would think anyone (especially a gun proprietor) that has numerous firearms on the premises would have the sense to secure it. Not only by bars in the doors/windows and video cameras, but SECURE the damn place.
Regardless of who it was (tweakers = fucking scum of the earth) They must have had a fairly simple way of gaining entry.

Sorry for the tongue, but our judicial system is fucked up. Once a thief, always a thief. Don't toss them in jail. Chop off a fucking hand as a permanent reminder for the rest of their lives.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 5:36:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would think anyone (especially a gun proprietor) that has numerous firearms on the premises would have the sense to secure it. Not only by bars in the doors/windows and video cameras, but SECURE the damn place.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The place is barred, haven't you seen it?

Quoted:
Regardless of who it was (tweakers = fucking scum of the earth) They must have had a fairly simple way of gaining entry.

Why do you think entry simple?

Randy
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 6:09:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Randy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Randy

Have I seen it? = No
I'm not necessarily saying it was simple for someone to break in, but more guessing that a place like a gun store should be very secure. To try to go above and beyond what they think is safe was my meaning. There are already far too many guns in the wrong hands out there.
I would think a place that sells firearms (there may be) would have regulations and requirements that need to be adhered to before it's rated secure enough to justify the facility a place of business that's appropriate.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 6:55:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Have I seen it? = No
I'm not necessarily saying it was simple for someone to break in, but more guessing that a place like a gun store should be very secure. To try to go above and beyond what they think is safe was my meaning. There are already far too many guns in the wrong hands out there.
I would think a place that sells firearms (there may be) would have regulations and requirements that need to be adhered to before it's rated secure enough to justify the facility a place of business that's appropriate.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Randy

Have I seen it? = No

It has always seemed to me like a well secured building. It has barred front doors that face the highway with a fire station across the street. There are no windows in the store. The back door is a steel door. I'll be interested to hear how the thieves got in.

ETA: I drove past at 0545 this morning and saw the officers out of their cars looking around the back of the building. I was hoping the alarm had been triggered without anyone getting in.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 9:40:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Looked to me like maybe they gained access through the floor.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:19:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

A gun shop with a raised foundation? Regulations should require solid-slab concrete as a base platform.

Aero Commander. Nice!
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:02:05 AM EDT
[#10]
I put up the gate (removed it from the old store, modified it for the new store)on the front and built the steel reinforcement on the back door. We were SEVERLY limited in what we were allowed to do because

of fire department regulations regarding emergency access.  

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:17:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Must be the proprietor.

I didn't even consider fire codes in the mix. I guess they would have specifics. They do have to be able to get in "somewhat" easily if the time arises.

Pay me no mind. I always try to think outside the box in any given possible situation.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:22:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

If I remember right that happened to a store in Lynnwood too, the thiefs busted through the floor and stole a bunch of firearms.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:27:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Video of the robbery was captured, I cant view it at work but HERE is the link for those of you that can.

-Mike
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:30:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

If I remember right that happened to a store in Lynnwood too, the thiefs busted through the floor and stole a bunch of firearms.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahh, then my comments stand to reason. If it's happened before, it will happen again. Learn how to avoid the situation.
Personally if I were a gun dealer (no offense directed at the owner of this incident) I would research all similar type break-ins of this type of business and consider all possibilities.
Then again, if the only option is to rent/lease, this makes things difficult given the cares and concerns of the owner being leased through.

I hope the bastards are caught!

Edit
From the looks of the video footage it's not of much use. I couldn't tell if the culprit was black, white or otherwise. I question the quality of the security cameras.

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:37:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Alert!!!  Rumor and speculation to follow!

Ok, none of this is verified, but word on the street is the guy(s) only managed to make off with 13 guns.  Oh, and apparently they left the 1911 case alone, so we can be sure they aren't your high IQ type gun store robbers!
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 10:15:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember that.  It was Lynnwood Guns(& Ammo?).
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 6:22:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Guy was wearing a ghost mask. hoodie, and gloves. He cut his way into the crawl space then through the floor with a cordless sawzall. He came up under a storage cabinet, moved that out of the way and up into the store. As soon as he came through the floor and stood up the alarm went off. He only got around 20 handguns. Then ran out the emergency exit.

He got the case with the HK handguns in it.

Crawl space accesses were filled with concrete yesterday so this wont be possible again.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 7:58:04 AM EDT
[#18]
In the scheme of things, I can't help but to ask if this structure had been broken into previously before it came to be a gun outlet.
Or, what type of business was there prior to being a gun shop, adding into the equation, what type and background history did the employees have that worked at that business.
This break-in could have been (the means of gaining access as the perp did) already known as a weak point of getting in. I'm thinking outside the box.

Food for thought
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 2:34:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Previous to being a gun shop I believe it was a mattress shop or furnature shop. I dont remember before that. There has been 1 previous attempt where they tried to go in through the front gate. As for current or previous employees the guy was too skinny.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 2:49:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Previous to being a gun shop I believe it was a mattress shop or furnature shop. I dont remember before that. There has been 1 previous attempt where they tried to go in through the front gate. As for current or previous employees the guy was too skinny.
View Quote

As for current or previous employees the guy was to skinny. I can't help but chuckle.

I meant previous employees in the previous lease prior to it being a gun shop
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:34:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

As for current or previous employees the guy was to skinny. I can't help but chuckle.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definately a possibility. I think it was someone who has been in the shop a few times recently and they are from the east side of the narrows bridge. I don't think any of the stolen guns will be found in Kitsap Co.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 11:04:13 AM EDT
[#22]
I'd like to see some higher resolution stills from the surveillance cameras of the burglar. They don't have to be more clear, just not so small.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 9:05:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 5:32:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Hopefully it will provide good leads to catch the suckers
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 7:13:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'd like to see some higher resolution stills from the surveillance cameras of the burglar. They don't have to be more clear, just not so small.
View Quote

Stills wouldnt do much. The robber was wearing a full face mask.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 12:05:24 PM EDT
[#26]
ARREST MADE

-Mike
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 12:05:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:18:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wasn't too concerned with his face. I'm within a few years in age of the perp. Chances are we have mutual acquaintances(not friends).

Glad to see they caught a few! Hopefully they recover some of the pistols.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:46:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Hell yeah!!
Knowing one of them has been caught is righteous. The other can't be too far off, just a matter of time

I didn't notice where it said anything pertaining to recovered firearms. Unless I missed it.

Thanks for the update.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:08:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Good, I hope they catch all of them.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 10:04:44 AM EDT
[#31]
I heard they only have 5 of the 13 stolen guns, he is trying to bargain with the rest for reduced sentencing.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 10:40:24 AM EDT
[#32]
When I visit the folks out in Seabeck I try and stop by on my way.

I've bought some little things from them, and when I had an issue with the right item not being in the box I called up the shop and they corrected it immediately, no quesitons asked.

I was so pleased I actually bought some additional items when I went back in to do the swap.

Great guys to deal with, I'm sorry they have to deal with this bullshit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top