Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2014 6:52:43 PM EDT
Out of curiosity mainly,

How many of you support those who fabricate and sell their own uppers and lowers (stripped or otherwise) that are found here in Washington state?

I have yet to support any of them due to not knowing how well they are made.

Please share your experience, and maybe a link to the manufacturer who sells them.

Edited for clarification (stripped or otherwise)
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:08:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I have bought a few pieces from Rainier, no complete uppers or lowers though.

Also I hear nothing but good things from Mega arms.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:28:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a number of Mega's and done a few builds on the Aeros
Love the fit and finish of the Megas and the ones I prefer building on.
Aeros are nice except I don't like the roll marks.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:37:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got several local manufacturers bookmarked. Mega looks to be the best locally.
Hearing your guys opinions is a good thing because I'd rather support our locals to be honest.

Thanks for the replies!!

Also, If you'd care to post pictures of you builds, I'd be glad to see them.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:55:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Where is mega located and do they have a web site? I like supporting local shops
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:02:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Right here. http://www.megaarms.com

All Shops in Washington

J & S GUN PARTS
6725 Martin Way W  |  Olympia, WA   98516  |  360-943-4867  |  [email protected]  |  www.jsgunparts.com/store/

HIGH MOUNTAIN HUNTING SUPPLIES
12238 N Frontage Road N, Moses Lake | 223 N Mission Street, Wenatchee | Moses Lake: 509-431-6681 or Wenatchee: 509-665-9362 | www.highmountainhuntingsupply.com

RAINIER ARMS  
2504 Auburn Way N  |  Auburn, WA 98002  |  877-556-GUNS or 253-218-2999  |  [email protected]  |  www.rainierarms.com

STONEFIRE ARMS LLC
23403 E Mission Ave #218 | Liberty Lake, WA 99019 | 509-850-FIRE (3473) | [email protected] | www.stonefirearms.com

TRIPLETT FIREARMS/ BISON ARMORY
Bellingham, WA   |  800-741-8604  |  [email protected]  |  www.bisonarmory.com

TUMWATER PAWN BROKERS LLC
6021 Capitol Blvd SE  |  Tumwater, WA 98501  |  360-786-9039

WADES EASTSIDE GUN SHOP INC  
13570 Bel Red Rd  |  Bellevue, WA 98005  |  425-649-5995  |  [email protected]
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:47:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 11:43:19 PM EDT
[#7]
EnlistedDate, thanks for posting the names & numbers.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 4:38:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

RAINIER ARMS  
3802 Auburn Way N Ste 305  |  Auburn, WA 98002  |  877-556-GUNS or 253-218-2999  |  [email protected]  |  www.rainierarms.com

That was our old address...the new one is...2504 Auburn Way N. | Auburn, WA 98002  

Hmm, the megaarms site lists the wrong information. I corrected my post at any rate.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 6:15:06 AM EDT
[#9]
I've purchased items from Rainier, Mega, and Aero.  All quality parts.  I also have a few Oly Arms uppers. My only issue with one is the finish, otherwise a dependable rifle.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:18:33 AM EDT
[#10]
I'll continue to support Mega, as I've never had any issues with their products.  They are my first choice when it comes to AR receivers.

I haven't purchased any lowers made by AeroPrecision since I had two lowers that wouldn't fit Magpul magazines.  I went around and around with them for a while, and they promised to replace the lower.  They couldn't figure out how to get another lower transferred to me, and eventually I gave up.   I'm pretty sure their current lowers are machined to accept Magpul magazines, but I'd rather support Mega & Rainier.

I have a Rainer upper receiver, and have no reason not to purchase more of their products.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:28:18 AM EDT
[#11]
My only AR that isn't a Colt is built on SNS lower and upper receivers. I've been very happy with it. Would probably buy another, if I could.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:32:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'll continue to support Mega, as I've never had any issues with their products.  They are my first choice when it comes to AR receivers.

I haven't purchased any lowers made by AeroPrecision since I had two lowers that wouldn't fit Magpul magazines. I went around and around with them for a while, and they promised to replace the lower.  They couldn't figure out how to get another lower transferred to me, and eventually I gave up.   I'm pretty sure their current lowers are machined to accept Magpul magazines, but I'd rather support Mega & Rainier.

I have a Rainer upper receiver, and have no reason not to purchase more of their products.

View Quote

I just built a lower for a buddy of mine on an Aero, takes a Pmag just fine now.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:50:21 AM EDT
[#13]
I have one complete Olympic... From before I moved to WA... First AR, actually... A2.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 1:20:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Right here. http://www.megaarms.com

All Shops in Washington

J & S GUN PARTS
6725 Martin Way W  |  Olympia, WA   98516  |  360-943-4867  |  [email protected]  |  www.jsgunparts.com/store/

HIGH MOUNTAIN HUNTING SUPPLIES
12238 N Frontage Road N, Moses Lake | 223 N Mission Street, Wenatchee | Moses Lake: 509-431-6681 or Wenatchee: 509-665-9362 | www.highmountainhuntingsupply.com

RAINIER ARMS  
2504 Auburn Way N  |  Auburn, WA 98002  |  877-556-GUNS or 253-218-2999  |  [email protected]  |  www.rainierarms.com

STONEFIRE ARMS LLC
23403 E Mission Ave #218 | Liberty Lake, WA 99019 | 509-850-FIRE (3473) | [email protected] | www.stonefirearms.com

TRIPLETT FIREARMS/ BISON ARMORY
Bellingham, WA   |  800-741-8604  |  [email protected]  |  www.bisonarmory.com

TUMWATER PAWN BROKERS LLC
6021 Capitol Blvd SE  |  Tumwater, WA 98501  |  360-786-9039

WADES EASTSIDE GUN SHOP INC  
13570 Bel Red Rd  |  Bellevue, WA 98005  |  425-649-5995  |  [email protected]
View Quote

Stay far, far away from J&S and Wades.  Rip-off artists of the worst kind.  Rainier Arms is top notch for parts and assembled uppers, IMHO.  Most, if not all, my lowers (of various rollmarks) are Aero or Mega... great stuff.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 8:07:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I've built quite a few rifles from Aero parts. Been tempted to try some Mega billet parts out. I like supporting locals as well as having the option to contact the companies directly if I ever had a problem and just driving over.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 7:28:33 AM EDT
[#16]
I've wanted to complete a build. I have an unfired Colt LE6920 upper that's been calling out to me.
The problem for me is that I've never mated one brand to another. My concerns are fitment and color.
Technically anything will fit from what I've read.

Another thing I find myself hesitating on, should I just buy a complete lower, or buy one stripped and then get a LPK?
Ideally I was going to buy a Colt LE6920 lower, just to be sure (or better chances of) fitment and matching color.
Then I read that Colt has several contractors making different pieces. So that shoots my "matched" upper/lower idea to hell unless I buy a factory assembled unit.

There have been many times I almost said to myself, "just buy the damn thing" and be done with it.
I guess it's my OCD ruling my decision.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 7:39:27 AM EDT
[#17]
I'd wager that a guy could buy a matching set of Mega stripped lower and upper receivers, a LPK, stock, disassemble the 6920 upper to use the parts off, sell the now stripped upper and end up with a nicely matched rifle and still have less invested than piecing together an all Colt rifle. How much is a pony on the side worth to you?
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:02:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I've wanted to complete a build. I have an unfired Colt LE6920 upper that's been calling out to me.
The problem for me is that I've never mated one brand to another. My concerns are fitment and color.
Technically anything will fit from what I've read.

Another thing I find myself hesitating on, should I just buy a complete lower, or buy one stripped and then get a LPK?
Ideally I was going to buy a Colt LE6920 lower, just to be sure (or better chances of) fitment and matching color.
Then I read that Colt has several contractors making different pieces. So that shoots my "matched" upper/lower idea to hell unless I buy a factory assembled unit.

There have been many times I almost said to myself, "just buy the damn thing" and be done with it.
I guess it's my OCD ruling my decision.
View Quote

You're over thinking it, every company outsources parts.
If it is a Mill-Spec AR it will fit with any other Mill-Spec parts.

Getting an upper and lower at the same time is going to give you the best match as anodizing in done in batches. Even lowers from the same company can vary in color over the months.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:05:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'd wager that a guy could buy a matching set of Mega stripped lower and upper receivers, a LPK, stock, disassemble the 6920 upper to use the parts off, sell the now stripped upper and end up with a nicely matched rifle and still have less invested than piecing together an all Colt rifle. How much is a pony on the side worth to you?
View Quote

The Colt name just got me back into the rifles. The price was right at the time. Initially I bought an unfired Colt MT HBAR 6601C w/20" barrel. Then I sold it due to the dang thing was heavier than hell.
After selling I found an unfired upper of an LE6920 for a good price and picked that up. Then not long after that I bought a complete/new Colt 6920 for a grand.

I've never been one for looks necessarily, so I avoid the fancier stuff for fear of scratching it. My main concerns are reliability. Hence my buying a Colt.

Nice avatar by the way. Days as clear as the day that picture was taken, are stress relievers when stuck in the traffic jams.

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:09:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You're over thinking it, every company outsources parts.
If it is a Mill-Spec AR it will fit with any other Mill-Spec parts.

Getting an upper and lower at the same time is going to give you the best match as anodizing in done in batches. Even lowers from the same company can vary in color over the months.
View Quote

Yeah I know I'm over thinking. Ideally the best way I can match it up the best is to take my upper and physically set them side-by-side. Even then the odds aren't good. LOL!
I've seen pictures of some ugly matings!
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 12:05:14 AM EDT
[#21]
I have MEGA, AERO, SNS....

They all are just fine, and I like them all.

The only one I have ever had an issue with was my Custom WAHTF lower made by MEGA... ( It was jacked up, and took some machine work to get back into a condition that I could use... since it was a limited edition run, I did not want to return it.)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top