Come again?
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 7:43:18 PM EDT
[#2]
What time?
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 8:43:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 8:47:40 PM EDT
[#4]
How'd they get the nickname "Guns n Shizzle"?
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 9:25:52 PM EDT
[#5]
News to me.  Must be a fairly recent change....
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 10:27:17 PM EDT
[#6]
seems weird(to be closed on Tuesday) to me.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 10:44:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Best not to ask about things pre-meltdown.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 10:46:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am new up here, just arrived las September so I'm out of the loop on a lot of stuff but had heard the name here on ARF a couple times.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 8:03:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah I thought that was weird too. The Lakewood store has been heading down hill. I could care less about the prices, but hiring people who are relatively clueless is annoying. Ill go there to buy shit, but I dont even bother if I have technical questions to ask. Tacoma store is much better.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 9:46:24 AM EDT
[#10]
They don't have the manpower right now. Two more people left.

It was on the original hours sign, "Guns and Shizzle." Either James or Jeff, I don't remember which, but I think James, thought it meant guns and shit... when it should have been guns and shiznit.  What it really meant of course was guns and sure.  As in "for shizzle," meaning "for sure."
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 2:13:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes, it is apparently new.  The sign at the store said something like "Beginning tomorrow, 3/17, we will be closed Mondays and Tuesdays."  Didn't they only recently start being open 7 days instead of closed Sun/Mon?  Now this.  It was a surprise to me.  It just seemed an odd thing.

rob
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 2:17:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I saw three of the crew wandering through the Lacey Home Depot about a week or two ago...

I figured they were on a secret mission to acquire building materials to add a second story to the store...    or go build their own store...    who knows...
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 6:47:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Their customer service sucks at SA&A-Lakewood.  Tacoma is decent.  In most cases, would rather go to local shop with nothing on the shelves, or Rainier Arms.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Their customer service sucks at SA&A-Lakewood.  Tacoma is decent.  In most cases, would rather go to local shop with nothing on the shelves, or Rainier Arms.
View Quote

+1
The fat black guy is a fucking jack off. No
thing but unnecessary attitude.

**edit for people with hurt feelings##
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 6:54:06 AM EDT
[#15]
F**k SAA.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 8:46:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I like both james and josh.

Have had nothing but good experiences with either of them.

A+++

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 5:11:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I saw three of the crew wandering through the Lacey Home Depot about a week or two ago...

I figured they were on a secret mission to acquire building materials to add a second story to the store...    or go build their own store...    who knows...
View Quote

That would be the former manager and a couple former part time employees of Lakewood.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 8:00:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

+1

The fat black guy is a fucking jack off. Nothing but unnecessary attitude.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Its a character trait we develop with time. If you woke up a fat Black guy you would have attitude too.

I remember the good old days of them at the shows when they knew us and we knew all of them. Lots of fun, lots of cash, piles of ammo.  Deals, hookups, tshirts, you name it. Shit most of us had James cell number. Quite a few of us bought and shot more ammo from them than most stores have seen since Newtown.

Times change. I havent been to a show in Y E A R S. Fuck a WAC- Remember Carricoz!!!

Now days it a business for them. I shop them like I shop everybody else. I dont need much so it doesnt matter, Id probably prefer to give James my cash as anybody else. As I look around the places I have to choose from one always feels snobby to me, one is always full of thug life, one seems trashy, one is just plain weird.
I like Marys, Adventure and SAA.

Link Posted: 4/3/2014 9:43:41 PM EDT
[#19]
First time for everything. Jackoff , cute, attitude?, please by all means im me and tell me all about it
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 7:51:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I remember the good old days of them at the shows when they knew us and we knew all of them. Lots of fun, lots of cash, piles of ammo.  Deals, hookups, tshirts, you name it. Shit most of us had James cell number. Quite a few of us bought and shot more ammo from them than most stores have seen since Newtown.

View Quote

No shit, those WERE the good old days!  

Oh and BTW, you didn't even need towake up fat!  

Link Posted: 4/4/2014 6:42:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

+1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

In Lakewood? Aaron when he was still there? Attitude? He was one of the nicest guys I've ever met.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 7:19:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 7:24:28 PM EDT
[#23]
never mind
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 7:40:44 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Got a few messages. Thought I would share. Im surprised too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Edited..VA-gunnut

Your credibility is nil son.

Link Posted: 4/4/2014 7:57:23 PM EDT
[#25]
[nm
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 8:47:17 PM EDT
[#26]
I have been purchasing from James for years.  Since he trailered all the ammo to the WAC from his initial business start up.  Prices were crazy good back then with awesome customer service, deals for the more you spent, etc.  I have not bought large quantities of ammo from them in a long time.

SAA Lakewood- Yes, there are some not so friendly employees there.  Like many gun stores, every one has an employee or more who seem to be inconvenienced by customers walking in the door with cash to spend.  

SAA Tacoma- Seem to have better customer service and higher knowledge base.  Still a goof ball or two.  I have not meet anyone that makes me feel unwelcome there.

From going to having a business that is one or two weekends a month at gun shows to brick and mortar stores, they have to charge a larger margin.  We all get that.  Some of the ridiculous pricing during panics soured a lot of people.  

So if SAA isnt the go to on ammo anymore, where is everyone going?
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 8:53:52 PM EDT
[#27]
I have shopped with John from Rainier Arms since he did business on the side from his home.  Rainier Arms has the nicest people with the best customer service of any gun store I have been to.  Never heard talk from an employee on anything crazy, if a customer is being an commando they try to educate them.  Haven't heard crazy stories in their store like you over hear in other gun stores (throw downs, drag them in the house after you shoot em, yadda yadda).  Maybe its due to the fact they are more of a specialty gun store geared to the AR platform primarily.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 10:35:41 PM EDT
[#28]
SAA was and continues to be one of my stops.
As is Rainier
As is Mary's
They had to do what they did during the panic. Was I happy with the prices then? Nope, I shopped around, as we all did.

As for someone having an issue with one of their employees?  Not sure, but I agree with Unicorn 100% Datruth is a stand up guy.

Sir James...
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 2:06:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
SAA was and continues to be one of my stops.
As is Rainier
As is Mary's
They had to do what they did during the panic. Was I happy with the prices then? Nope, I shopped around, as we all did.

As for someone having an issue with one of their employees?  Not sure, but I agree with Unicorn 100% Datruth is a stand up guy.

Sir James...
View Quote

Absolutely. +1 on all accounts
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 6:14:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

In Lakewood? Aaron when he was still there? Attitude? He was one of the nicest guys I've ever met.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

this
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 6:59:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

EDIT because Im NIL?
View Quote

The whole purpose of PRIVATE Messages is to keep the conversation private. Copy and pasting them into a public post is bad form. That is why your credibility is being brought into question. If datruth had wanted his comments posted in the thread, he would have put them here himself.

Take it for what it's worth from someone who has never bought a thing from SAA or even set in one of their stores and has no dog in the fight one way or the other.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 7:55:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Wow.  I didn't mean this to be an I Love/Hate SA&A thread!  I was pointing out that they were suddenly closed on Tuesdays (and Mondays) and how surprised I was by it.  If I'd had any inkling that they might be closed at 4 pm on a Tuesday, I would have check first rather than just stopping by.

I have shopped the Lakewood store for many years and bought several items from them over the years, including a Glock 34, my S&W Shield (for which they kept me on a waiting list for nearly 7 months and honored their very reasonable price even though they could have sold every one for $100 more while they were hard to find), a transfer or two and other things.  As for pricing....  If I like the price I see, I buy.  If not, I don't.  I don't get mad about it.  Overall, I like SA&A.

Rob
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 12:04:16 PM EDT
[#33]
IM's don't belong in the open.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 12:17:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Ok, comments retracted.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 6:32:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

This. Aaron was my go to guy and one hell of a good dude. He knew his stuff.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 2:22:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Josh, and the Tacoma store have been pretty good to me. Current girlfriend lives about 5 minutes from there so it's always a nice place to stop when I am there.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 7:15:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Thanks for all the kind words gentleman, if you ever need anything, i consider you all friends , Im a phone call away, no malice or ill will firefly79, either way
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 10:53:43 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm still wondering if he actually meant Lakewood, from what, 8 months ago when Aaron was still there.

There was another African American male who used to work in Lakewood who now works at the Tacoma store. Did the guy you are talking about have a Springfield Armory tatoo?
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 12:56:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

this
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

this

This again. That guy is cool as shit.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 1:17:28 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm glad I'm not the only asshole still up at 0200.
Damn night shift.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top