Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2014 7:25:50 AM EDT
So far in the search to help a friend in the Snohomish county area a range, I've come up with two that allow only one bullet in your rifle at a time while shooting and a limited distance (20 yards) indoor.  What the heck?  FYI I generally shoot at Range 15 @ JBLM (no restrictions).  Any thoughts to help this friend out?  Or are the gun ranges up here really this liberal?
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 9:57:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I usually go to the issaquah range when I shoot at ranges.

They have a 10 round in the gun limit, but no one has cared when I shoot from my preloaded 30 rounders.
The have 100/50 yard rifle, and 10/25 yard pistol, it's a covered outdoor range.
They are nice as long as your not a dumb ass.

Edit, a 57 impalla burger from XXX drive in I also nice right after a range trip
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 9:58:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Where exactly in Snohomish county do they live? If closer to king county line there might be a few that would still be reasonably close...
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 10:37:38 AM EDT
[#3]
The Fudd's are afraid of our EBRs.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 10:25:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They have a 10 round in the gun limit, but no one has cared when I shoot from my preloaded 30 rounders.
The have 100/50 yard rifle, and 10/25 yard pistol, it's a covered outdoor range.

Edit, a 57 impalla burger from XXX drive in I also nice right after a range trip
View Quote

This been going there for years, good people nice range not terribly stupid…
and there is this:

http://www.whatcomcounty.us/parks/range/pistol-range.jsp

A bit of a drive but a nice range 200 and 300 no mag limit….

I have recently heard about the Everett Sportsman's club but have not been there yet so not sure about them

I will not support a range that makes me shoot one round in a mag at a time, that thinking is out dated and obsolete. I have found that ranges who have that silly rule like to treat their patrons like children and I am not paying for that. There are places to shoot out in the bush as well but I do not know of any…currently looking though.

Issaqua is again the most user friendly range around.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 7:34:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

and there is this:

I have recently heard about the Everett Sportsman's club but have not been there yet so not sure about them

I will not support a range that makes me shoot one round in a mag at a time, that thinking is out dated and obsolete. I have found that ranges who have that silly rule like to treat their patrons like children and I am not paying for that. There are places to shoot out in the bush as well but I do not know of any…currently looking though.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and there is this:

Would you please be so kind as to check that link again?  I have a "address not valid" message when I clicked it.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 7:45:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So far in the search to help a friend in the Snohomish county area a range, I've come up with two that allow only one bullet in your rifle at a time while shooting and a limited distance (20 yards) indoor.  What the heck?  FYI I generally shoot at Range 15 @ JBLM (no restrictions).  Any thoughts to help this friend out?  Or are the gun ranges up here really this liberal?
View Quote

How do I get to shoot at Range 15 JBLM?  I checked the website and it says that it is not open to public.  THX!
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 7:56:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Everett Sportsmen Club is ok, I go there because its close. It is outdoors and they have a 10 yard pistol range with railroad ties overhead to keep rounds in the range, but they're so low I have to crouch to shoot underneath them. They have 25, 50, and 100 yd rifle ranges and a skeet range as well. Their range rules are strict but mostly reasonable, this includes single round mags for semi autos, but once they get to know you they'll let you shoot 3-5 round groups as long as you don't shoot fast. One cool thing is that the RO usually has a 50BMG set up to shoot for $10/shot, $5 for the ammo and $5 for the range. For the last few years I've been going there they are closed for most of the winter because of standing water.

Otherwise I'll drive to Issaquah, or hook up with a friend who is a member of Snoqualmie Valley Rifle Club.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 1:42:20 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Would you please be so kind as to check that link again?  I have a "address not valid" message when I clicked it.  Thanks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

and there is this:

http://www.whatcomcounty.us/parks/range/high-power-range.jsp

Try that or google plantation range

Link Posted: 4/3/2014 11:37:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Everett Sportsmen Club is ok, I go there because its close. It is outdoors and they have a 10 yard pistol range with railroad ties overhead to keep rounds in the range, but they're so low I have to crouch to shoot underneath them. They have 25, 50, and 100 yd rifle ranges and a skeet range as well. Their range rules are strict but mostly reasonable, this includes single round mags for semi autos, but once they get to know you they'll let you shoot 3-5 round groups as long as you don't shoot fast. One cool thing is that the RO usually has a 50BMG set up to shoot for $10/shot, $5 for the ammo and $5 for the range. For the last few years I've been going there they are closed for most of the winter because of standing water.

Otherwise I'll drive to Issaquah, or hook up with a friend who is a member of Snoqualmie Valley Rifle Club.
View Quote

Screw the Everett Fuddman club...I was a member there from the early 90's...my dues were always paid on time. They cut my membership off this year because I don't attend their meeting or range clean up...guess when all these are scheduled...and I work nights and most weekends.....screw 'em.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 12:46:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Screw the Everett Fuddman club...I was a member there from the early 90's...my dues were always paid on time. They cut my membership off this year because I don't attend their meeting or range clean up...guess when all these are scheduled...and I work nights and most weekends.....screw 'em.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, these cats are close the house, was going to check them out, but one round at a time and this? not looking good. Maybe I will just go to Isaqqua and save my time
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 12:49:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Wow, these cats are close the house, was going to check them out, but one round at a time and this? not looking good. Maybe I will just go to Isaqqua and save my time
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah...close to home..to bad they decided to exclusive instead of inclusive.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 8:26:17 PM EDT
[#12]
All of this is reminding me that I need to find a new pit to shoot in this summer.

Going to a range and dealing with people is just becoming a pain.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 8:33:37 AM EDT
[#13]
I used to know several spots to shoot but most of them are closed down. There's one i'm going to check out Monday to see if i can still shoot there.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 4:39:47 PM EDT
[#14]
The Everett Sportsman range is nice and they are very reasonable folks. it is close to Everett. if you want to shoot rifle and pistol, and they are open and not flooded, check them out. Also, they will let you setup a chrono for reloading. try that at any other range out there.

the plantation range up in Whatcom county is arguably the nicest out door range I have been to in this area! Their rules are also reasonable, and did I say the range was nice? If you want to sight in or simply pull the trigger, check them out. their RO is great, and they do like black rifles.

so, there are two outdoor ranges without needed membership or stingy on type of weapon. I frequent both and I live in Lynnwood.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 9:05:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

They still do this? I want in.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 12:35:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The Everett Sportsman range is nice and they are very reasonable folks. it is close to Everett.
View Quote

I was thinking about this and thought I'd clarify a bit. I asked them about the single shot thing and they had problems with semi auto slamfire nd's in the past. Admittedly with old sks's or something, but there are roads (hwy2) and houses not too far off for people shooting into the sky. They even get on your case if you release the bolt before you're on target. After the first few times I asked if I could do some 3 or 5 shot slow groups to compare ammo and they were ok with that. The 50bmg has been there every time. The ro's are a bit crusty and cranky but I've never seen drama. One gun, outside the case, at a time. A quick open breech glance inspection when bringing them on the line. Cold range checks are thorough. They've helped me a few times without being know-it-all about guns. I won't become a member because of the winter flooding - bring waterproof shoes/boots year round for the slog to change targets. Otherwise its a fine place to spend a couple hours bench shooting. And a few nice brewpubs between there and home afterwards.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 6:10:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Some peeps are working on getting approval for an outdoor range in the Sultan Basin, I hear.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 6:47:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Some peeps are working on getting approval for an outdoor range in the Sultan Basin, I hear.
View Quote

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for that one. They have been "working on" it for like 30 years now. Every time the county closes a little more land in the Basin to shooting, we're told that the new range is "just around the corner".

One thing I know is that because of this I will never again vote for John Koster for anything. Ever.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 8:53:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Checkout Marysville Rifle Club. It's open to the public on Thursdays and always nice guys working it. $10 to shoot out past 200 yards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top