Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2014 9:36:27 PM EDT
Just wondering if there is anyone here into drag racing? Just getting into this year with the wife, went down to Pacific Raceway a few week back to the test & tune.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 9:43:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty sure Dober Dude is,  not sure if he's still sround after the last purge though
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 9:46:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pretty sure Dober Dude is,  not sure if he's still sround after the last purge though
View Quote

I was thinking I remembered there were a couple people, but I have not been around much for the last year or so.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 10:00:45 PM EDT
[#3]
This is my drag truck, first time to the track it did a 13.78 @ 99mph

13.78@99MPH Run

Link Posted: 3/29/2014 11:52:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote
Talk about a sleeper.

Link Posted: 3/30/2014 7:17:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Talk about a sleeper.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Talk about a sleeper.  

Impressive, any details on the modifications.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 8:39:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Talk about a sleeper.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Talk about a sleeper.  

Thanks, I don't want it to stand out too much on the road. It's bad enough when the wife drives it and the smoke coming off the rear tires
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 9:04:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Talk about a sleeper.  

I started by having the trans built to hold around 1000hp, removed the DPF and CAT and installed a new 3" down pipe and 4" turbo back exhaust. I Installed EFI live tuning with a DSP5 selector switch, this gives me 5 different tunes, optimized stock, 40hp tow tune with turbo brake, 125hp, 175hp, and 230hp max effort. Next was a fuel lift pump to support the added HP and HD tie rods and a center link brace for the front end so it can do boosted 4x4 launches without the front end folding. With the mods to date she is putting down about 525hp on the 230hp max effort tune. The 13.78 run was the wife running the 175hp tune so it should get into the 12s on the 230hp tune.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 9:34:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Doberdude for sure.... but I think he's checked out of this web site
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 11:04:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I started by having the trans built to hold around 1000hp, removed the DPF and CAT and installed a new 3" down pipe and 4" turbo back exhaust. I Installed EFI live tuning with a DSP5 selector switch, this gives me 5 different tunes, optimized stock, 40hp tow tune with turbo brake, 125hp, 175hp, and 230hp max effort. Next was a fuel lift pump to support the added HP and HD tie rods and a center link brace for the front end so it can do boosted 4x4 launches without the front end folding. With the mods to date she is putting down about 525hp on the 230hp max effort tune. The 13.78 run was the wife running the 175hp tune so it should get into the 12s on the 230hp tune.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Talk about a sleeper.  

Very nice, I have a 07.5 LMM but a little milder then yours for sure. I would like to build the tranny and do a lift pump next.

DPF delete
EGR delete
4" dynomax exhaust
EFI Live - but soon to be Idahorob mildmax auto cal with dps5 with stock/40tow/ 85hp/110hp/150hp
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 11:38:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Very nice, I have a 07.5 LMM but a little milder then yours for sure. I would like to build the tranny and do a lift pump next.

DPF delete
EGR delete
4" dynomax exhaust
EFI Live - but soon to be Idahorob mildmax auto cal with dps5 with stock/40tow/ 85hp/110hp/150hp
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Talk about a sleeper.  

DPF delete
EGR delete
4" dynomax exhaust

Thanks, it is like having a whole new truck once the emissions crap comes off. I had Screamin Diesel Performance do my trans build, Scott and his crew did a great job on it. It took a day to do and he let us use his 700hp shop truck for the day I still need to do the EGR delete.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 11:57:05 AM EDT
[#11]
HMMMM....I could have been so much better off not know about SDP. Not to sure how I missed them...but I know they are there now. .
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 12:54:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
HMMMM....I could have been so much better off not know about SDP. Not to sure how I missed them...but I know they are there now. .
View Quote

Yep it was like a kid at the candy store, they have some real nice twin turbo kits
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 1:46:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice run - would never expect that. lol
Guessing you would be in the 13.5's if you worked on your 60'?
I've always wanted to drag a vehicle at a track, just never had anything worthy.
Last year picked up a IS350 to DD which most people get into the 13's with stock, but it's my gas-saving kid hauler.
My wife would make fun of me if she found out I went to PIR I think. lol
I only wish she was cool enough to want to take it down and actually make a run with it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 5:02:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Nice run - would never expect that. lol
Guessing you would be in the 13.5's if you worked on your 60'?
I've always wanted to drag a vehicle at a track, just never had anything worthy.
Last year picked up a IS350 to DD which most people get into the 13's with stock, but it's my gas-saving kid hauler.
My wife would make fun of me if she found out I went to PIR I think. lol
I only wish she was cool enough to want to take it down and actually make a run with it.
View Quote

Thanks, she did well for her first time to the track. I think I can get the truck into the high 12's, I still have the next tune up that is 230hp over stock She was only leaving the line at 10psi of turbo boost and was hooking up real well so I think next trip we are going to shoot for 15psi boosted launches, that should lower her 60' time.

We have been together for over 25 years and she is a keeper. She was actually the one to suggest doing itso I got a green light to build the truck. I tried to make it wife proof, boy did I screw up now I can't get her out of it. She has tried to take my truck but I am looking for another one and then it will be hers.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 6:29:49 PM EDT
[#15]
I race.. Didn't make it out last year..

Looks like you got a warning for having a passenger and running 13's

Nice run in a 6000+ lb truck
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 6:43:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted: She has tried to take my truck but I am looking for another one and then it will be hers.
View Quote

Make sure you divorce her first, bigamy is still illegal here.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 7:26:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is that a no-no?
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 9:00:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

No passenger but she was not wearing a helmet, they just told her she ran under 13 and needed to wear it. Thanks, race weight was 7140lbs.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 12:55:16 PM EDT
[#19]
I like to get out to the track a few times a year.  Haven't been with my current car yet though (1994 Camaro with a couple things done to it).
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 7:51:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I like to get out to the track a few times a year.  Haven't been with my current car yet though (1994 Camaro with a couple things done to it).
View Quote

Cool, I am hoping to get down there on Saturday if it is not rained out.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 4:44:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Doberdude is still around. He's just not here much.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 4:57:01 PM EDT
[#22]
I used to run my drag bike there for years. If you get into racing, it can take over all your time and money. You'll be looking for that next .1 of a second. I don't know if she still races out there, but a gal was running a 4x4 diesel truck in the mid 11's when I was racing. You could see the change in tune when she pulled into the burn out box, all of a sudden lots of black smoke! It was fun to watch her smoke a lot of cars that thought they would blow her doors off.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 11:28:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I used to run my drag bike there for years. If you get into racing, it can take over all your time and money. You'll be looking for that next .1 of a second. I don't know if she still races out there, but a gal was running a 4x4 diesel truck in the mid 11's when I was racing. You could see the change in tune when she pulled into the burn out box, all of a sudden lots of black smoke! It was fun to watch her smoke a lot of cars that thought they would blow her doors off.
View Quote

A girl that works for me runs her BF's Dodge 4x4 Quad cab lifted on 35's - it looks like a beat wheeler. She's into the low 13's. I'd imagine a few people at her local strip wouldn't guess it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 11:32:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Naw...he only pops in to call folks who thought he was a friend names...based on spurious accusations.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 9:36:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Naw...he only pops in to call folks who thought he was a friend names...based on spurious accusations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh, crap happens. I need to get my car on the strip and see what I can do. It's a low 11' car right now, with a little work, it'll do 10's.

600+ HP and 560+ ftlbs of torque.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 12:02:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Meh, crap happens. I need to get my car on the strip and see what I can do. It's a low 11' car right now, with a little work, it'll do 10's.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

designated.......
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 1:57:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice, it would cost too much to get my crew cab into the 10's at 7140lbs. I think I can get into the mid 12's with my currant set up, 530hp and 950ftlbs of torque to the wheels. but I might buy a regular cab and strip it and build a dedicated race truck. What kinda car do you have?
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 2:36:04 PM EDT
[#28]
I just picked up my 2008 Viper last September. I'm really more interested in track racing vs drag. But knowing what I can do in the 1/4 is nice to know. Already done the Race ECU controller from MOPAR and some small stuff. I'm looking at headers right now being worth a little boost in HP. OE flows well, bellanger or BBG flows better. If the ECU tuning is ever released for it, I'll be looking at a SC. For now... about 150 hp worth of nitrous is an easy way to get to the mid 10s.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 3:00:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I just picked up my 2008 Viper last September. I'm really more interested in track racing vs drag. But knowing what I can do in the 1/4 is nice to know. Already done the Race ECU controller from MOPAR and some small stuff. I'm looking at headers right now being worth a little boost in HP. OE flows well, bellanger or BBG flows better. If the ECU tuning is ever released for it, I'll be looking at a SC. For now... about 150 hp worth of nitrous is an easy way to get to the mid 10s.
View Quote

6pt harness for both sides, and new springs ordered today. Time to get lower, and strap in.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 4:11:46 PM EDT
[#30]
I plan on doing some runs this summer.... Gotta see what these two SRT8's will do.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 9:49:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Is that a no-no?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that a no-no?

14's
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 3:31:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Heading down to Pacific Raceways in Kent tomorrow for the test & tune, should be fun they are having Honda Fest NW this Sunday so there should be a lot of people down there this weekend.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 12:07:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Well we did better, the wife got the truck down to a 13.20

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:08:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Got down to the track today and went a little faster,13.13@101mph.

Link Posted: 4/29/2014 8:59:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Made it down to the first bracket race of the season, the truck went a little faster. The wife got eliminated early when she lost traction at the line, it was a good day though.

13.00@101mph

Link Posted: 5/11/2014 10:12:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Went down to the second race of the season yesterday, made a few changes to the truck and the wife got the truck into the 12's. She made it past round one and then red lighted on her second run, but she ran a 12.95@102mph. here are a few videos of the day.

http://youtu.be/t6q_2lfMgqg

http://youtu.be/CUedXoD1CFU

http://youtu.be/nLmc2O6Yp-U

Link Posted: 5/12/2014 12:01:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Very cool, dude.  I'm not into cars whatsoever but admire those who are.  You've got something fun to work with and do.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 8:19:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Went down to the test and tune to get ready for this weekends bracket race, took along my V2 to data log some runs because they don't allow electronics at the races for the Sportsman class. Well the truck is losing rail pressure on my 230hp max effort tune, at WOT it is about 4500psi lower than commanded.

The run I logged I was still able to beat an Audi RS5, I heard the guy telling everyone how awesome his $70,000 car was with the carbon fiber body and insert panels. I just happened to line up with him on the next run, after I beat him he parked his car and walked the other way Sorry about the video the wife got excited.

http://youtu.be/gkmnQaYn4Mk

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top