Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2014 2:12:32 PM EDT
I am pleased to announce that the 4th Annual KRRC Silencer Shoot is scheduled for July 19, 2014 from 2pm to 6pm.  This is an educational event to demonstrate the limitations and effectiveness of firearm silencers.  The shoot is taking place at the Kitsap Rifle and Revolver Club at 4900 Seabeck Highway, Bremerton WA 98312.  The club’s website is here; http://www.gunsafety.org/

Below is a small poster I made to publicize the event.  It should open up in MS Paint and print out on 8.5x11 inch paper.  If anyone is willing to post it at local gun stores or other areas, it would be greatly appreciated.  Please get permission to post at stores before doing so.

Direct link to poster.

Below is a map of the KRRC.  The silencer shoot will take place on the rifle line.  The pistol line will be open for unsuppressed pistols and rim fire rifles as usual.  The action pistol bays between the pistol line and the rifle line can be used by dealers or manufacturers who want to demo their products.  They can also use the rifle line.  Please feel free to bring a banner to hang up to advertise your store.  Last year Wynakos Machine attended the shoot and were a wealth of information for the participants.

Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] or (360) 440-5889.  

Randy Bragge

Link Posted: 3/16/2014 3:35:42 PM EDT
[#1]
See you there (if BATFE ever gets me approved), patiently waiting.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 4:05:18 PM EDT
[#2]
This was great fun last year - can't wait!

Link Posted: 3/16/2014 6:21:01 PM EDT
[#3]
This is a great range run by some good people.

I might have to make the trip out
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 7:06:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Does anyone know if the Kitsap County Sheriff or CLEOs will sign on on a Form 4?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 9:09:33 AM EDT
[#5]
As long as nothing comes up i will be there with a Sparrow and a few hosts.

I went a few years ago and had a great time.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 8:50:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm hoping I wont have to work.  Went last year and took my boy for his first time shooting. He loved it.  I'm just embarassed I didn't get it together and get a suppressor by now.  I'll have to fix that.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 7:55:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does anyone know if the Kitsap County Sheriff or CLEOs will sign on on a Form 4?  Thanks.
View Quote
Anyone??  
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 10:44:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I need to go to this.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 6:11:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

The best way to find out is to go there and ask.  Dress nice and be prepared to explain why you want to own the gun you want.

Randy
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 5:26:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Anyone??  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone??  

I contacted them last year and they said yes, bring the forms down and drop them off. Several years ago i check and i never got a response so i just went the trust route. Honestly you should try to do it as an individual and see if they live up to their word.

CJG
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 5:28:35 AM EDT
[#11]
I went to this the first year and last year. and both times it was really fun. lots of stuff to see and try out.  Last year it was free to shoot if you had suppressors so that was nice. but its always good ot support KCRR with their ongoing legal battels.  Too bad i think im out of town again this year. i guess i will keep my every other year attendance record up :(
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 8:02:28 AM EDT
[#12]
My first 3 cans are still waiting on approval, and are due around that time. With any luck I'll have at least one of them by then. With my luck, they'll roll in the following week

Silencerco Sparrow
Silencerco Osprey .45
AAC 762-SDN6
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 9:07:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I went to this the first year and last year. and both times it was really fun.
View Quote

Didn't miss anything in 2012.  The 2012 Silencer Shoot took place a few months after the KRRC re-opened after losing the lawsuit.  Lots of people thought we were still shut down and as a result very few showed for the shoot and I was the only person who brought any silencers.  2013 was good, hope to et a few more dealers this time.

Randy
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 12:43:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My first 3 cans are still waiting on approval, and are due around that time. With any luck I'll have at least one of them by then. With my luck, they'll roll in the following week

Silencerco Sparrow
Silencerco Osprey .45
AAC 762-SDN6
View Quote

Same three I have, you will be happy.

well maybe not, soon you will be thinking about a dedicated 5.56 can,9mm can, another .22LR can
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:13:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I plan to go.

I'll be bringing one or more (probably all) of the following:

SWR Specter
SWR Warlock
SWR Trident9
SilencerCo Sparrow
AAC m4-2000
AAC Cyclone
AAC 762-SDN-6

And some appropriate rifle and pistol hosts.

And hopefully a few friends.
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 11:00:04 AM EDT
[#16]
I’m expecting three manufacturers to show up for the event; Wynakos Machine from Monroe WA, Thunder Beast Arms from Cheyanne WY and Silencerco from West Valley City, UT (their NW rep) .
http://wynakosmachine.com/
http://thunderbeastarms.com/
http://www.silencerco.com/

I’ve never seen or heard a Thunder Beast silencer, so I’m really looking forward to it.  Wynakos Machine has several interesting products that I would like to see again.  I really liked what Silencerco had to offer at the 2011 Renton shoot.  Maybe they will all have something brand new for this year.

All of the manufacturers as well as myself will have a limited supply of ammo for the public to use.  Please bring your own 9mm, 45acp. 22lr, 223, 308, 300 BLK or other commercially loaded ammo to ensure you’re able to try out their products.

Randy
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 8:24:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I called and talked to them and was told yes, they went over the paperwork/picture requirements and said to drop it off when I'm ready.  My sparrow arrived at the dealer last week and the octane 45 should arrive any day, once that happens I will get the process started for both and post in WA HTF if everything goes smoothly.  

Once that is done I need to sweet talk the wife into the saker 762 and I will have my bases covered

-Mike
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 8:23:41 PM EDT
[#18]
The 4th Annual KRRC Silencer Shoot was a great time.  Hats off to Ray of Thunderbeast Arms and Scott of Silencerco.  While I can put together a successful event with the help of other club members, it’s the manufacturers and dealers who take part that make it much more memorable.  Once again thank you to Ray and Scott.

We had 6 remote re-setting AR-500 falling plates at 200 and 110 yards.  A large mild steel plate at 200 yards and numerous other steel at 25 and 50 yards.  At 2 pm people started showing up, within 30 minutes most of the rifle line was full and stayed packed until about 5:30 when people got their fill.  Thunderbeast and Silencerco had a limited supply of ammo but since most people bought ammo of their own there was plenty to go around.  A few people told us that they’ve only shown up at KRRC for the Silencer Shoots.  

One family sat at a bench and went through a bunch of old AP ammo in my 308 punching some holes in the 200 yards steel, another brought a box of 223 and tried out the 5.56 rifles I brought.  Another dad brought his kids and they knocked over plates at 25 yards with a suppressed Savage MK2.

There was of course small crowds of people around Scott and Ray for most of the afternoon trying out their suppressed rifles and pistols.  With ten suppressed firearms each they were kept very busy.  I especially liked the Thunderbeast can on the Barrett 338 Lapua; it was a bit quieter than my 338 Ultra mag.  I heard a few SBR’s, they were of course louder than their full sized counterparts.  My favorite rifle at the event was the 44 mag Silent Destroyer, less noisy than a 300 Blackout; it better be as it has a huge can on it.  Got to make me one some day.  

The pistol line was open to unsuppressed shooting, I think most of the people who showed for pistol shooting also took part in the Silencer Shoot.   Most people were gone by about 5:30.  About 70 people were at the event.  The 2015 Silencer Shoot is tentatively scheduled for Saturday July 18th.   Thunderbeast and Silencerco both said they wish to return.  I look forward to seeing them and others next year.  I’m talking to you Wynakos Machine.

Ray and the collection he brought.

Scott’s collection, didn’t get much of Scott though, sorry.

44 mag Silencer Destroyer.  Got to make me one of these someday.

First suppressed Mosin Nagant I’ve seen.

Randy

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 11:18:36 AM EDT
[#19]
How did I miss this post, would have loved to have attended this event.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 1:22:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Not sure how you missed it either.  It was stickyed at the top of the page for a few months.

Randy
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 7:47:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Very fun. Really nice of everyone to share their personal cans and guns for us to try.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:55:06 PM EDT
[#22]
so wynakos didn't show?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:40:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Wynakos Machine intended to send one of their people with silencers/firearms to the shoot but had to cancel a few days prior due to a schedule conflict.  AAC did not make it either, but I didn't have a firm offer to be there.  I hope to see them both next year.

Randy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top