Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 7:29:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been going to the place since I was a little kid with my dad.  Fudd haven....indeed, but I still hate to see any shop that has been around this long go.  

I found this story below - sounds kind of strange to me?  This missing inventory / internal problems story sounds believable.  Would they shut down a place doing millions of dollars in business every month or so over 7 guns that were stolen?  

http://www.goskagit.com/all_access/kesselrings-loses-firerams-license/article_d8a7474d-d575-57af-858e-7a28acc23bfa.html

BURLINGTON — For more than 65 years, Kesselring Gun Shop has sold firearms to the hunters, collectors and protectors among us.

But starting Oct. 1, the family-owned shop will sell firearms no more.

Nobody will say why.

Don Kesselring, reached at his shop by phone Wednesday, said he had made a deal with the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Part of the deal means not talking about why his business lost its license.

A spokesman for the ATF also refused to provide details about Kesselring’s license.

Was the license surrendered or revoked? Bill Perkins from the Seattle office of the ATF won’t say. A July 2 post by the shop on its Facebook page said the business is being forced to surrender its license.......(more info @ story link above)
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 7:38:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have been going to the place since I was a little kid with my dad.  Fudd haven....indeed, but I still hate to see any shop that has been around this long go.  

I found this story below - sounds kind of strange to me?  This missing inventory / internal problems story sounds believable.  Would they shut down a place doing millions of dollars in business every month or so over 7 guns that were stolen?  

http://www.goskagit.com/all_access/kesselrings-loses-firerams-license/article_d8a7474d-d575-57af-858e-7a28acc23bfa.html

BURLINGTON — For more than 65 years, Kesselring Gun Shop has sold firearms to the hunters, collectors and protectors among us.

Nobody will say why.

Don Kesselring, reached at his shop by phone Wednesday, said he had made a deal with the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Part of the deal means not talking about why his business lost its license.

A spokesman for the ATF also refused to provide details about Kesselring’s license.

Was the license surrendered or revoked? Bill Perkins from the Seattle office of the ATF won’t say. A July 2 post by the shop on its Facebook page said the business is being forced to surrender its license.......(more info @ story link above)
View Quote

Assuming firearms came up missing (from theft - the place can be a zoo with the crowds). It seems clear to me, in lieu of large fines and potential criminal prosecution they were offered a deal to walk away from the gun selling business.  I may be completely off base but it seems plausible and supports a gun control agenda they can't get through Congress.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 7:51:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Assuming firearms came up missing (from theft - the place can be a zoo with the crowds). It seems clear to me, in lieu of large fines and potential criminal prosecution they were offered a deal to walk away from the gun selling business.  I may be completely off base but it seems plausible and supports a gun control agenda they can't get through Congress.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody will say why.

Boy you are right about the zoo factor - I have wondered many times about people just picking up a shotgun or two and walking out with it. I was there two days before Christmas and it was shoulder to shoulder nearly everywhere in the place. People were shoving AR15 mags in their coat pockets just to carry more up to the cash register....lol.

Your theory sounds very possible - maybe they don't want the knowledge getting out that guns were stolen (if they were). I don't know anything about FFL laws / and fines-punsihment for screwing up. It just seems like it would take a fairly big screw up to force them to give up the license after 66 years (assuming they have had a clean record) - maybe they were facing possible criminal charges of some kind like you said?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 11:01:03 AM EDT
[#5]
rumor mill told me they sold to an undercover ATF agent without doing the proper paper work.....didn't want to pry more but about what paperwork and such but that's what i heard.... take it for what it's worth.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:16:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
rumor mill told me they sold to an undercover ATF agent without doing the proper paper work.....didn't want to pry more but about what paperwork and such but that's what i heard.... take it for what it's worth.
View Quote

Sounds like utter bullshit and I'd hope nobody would spread that stink around.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 10:09:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Sometimes I just HATE adhering to "come up with a budget and stick to it" doctrine.  I could have gone there right now and pick up one of those 6720's (I've heard that they have a slew of them).

There are times when I wish that I am fiscally irresponsible just like Uncle Sam is.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 9:51:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sometimes I just HATE adhering to "come up with a budget and stick to it" doctrine.  I could have gone there right now and pick up one of those 6720's (I've heard that they have a slew of them).

There are times when I wish that I am fiscally irresponsible just like Uncle Sam is.  
View Quote

I agree .... I am far from a "Fudd"...but I really do appreciate the antique firearms they have all over their ceiling. There are some beautiful old guns that have been hanging around on nails and various hooks for as long as I can remember.  I would love to be able to afford to take some of those home and just pass the cost along to the" tax payers"....lol...
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 8:31:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I agree .... I am far from a "Fudd"...but I really do appreciate the antique firearms they have all over their ceiling. There are some beautiful old guns that have been hanging around on nails and various hooks for as long as I can remember.  I would love to be able to afford to take some of those home and just pass the cost along to the" tax payers"....lol...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Crap, I have been in that store dozens of times and I don't recall looking at the ceiling, now I need to make a trip back and will likely buy something.

Link Posted: 7/28/2013 10:58:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Crap, I have been in that store dozens of times and I don't recall looking at the ceiling, now I need to make a trip back and will likely buy something.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't get your hopes too high...none of them have been for sale as long as I can remember...lol.   Maybe they will decide to sell them off now though...
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 2:41:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Don't get your hopes too high...none of them have been for sale as long as I can remember...lol.   Maybe they will decide to sell them off now though...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Last time I was in they had a Colt Gatling gun setting by the counter, 15K as I recall.
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 4:35:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Last time I was in they had a Colt Gatling gun setting by the counter, 15K as I recall.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They must have come down on the price....  Beautiful, shinny lead spitting work of art !!!!

Colt 1877 Buldog Gatling 45-70  $49,949.95

Colt 1877 Bulldog Gatling Gun, 45-70 Government

Colt Classic Remake

Colt Classic Remake of the 1877 Bulldog Gatling Gun Limited production of 50 guns. Museum Quality fully operational built to original size in 45-70 Government. Fires up to 800 rounds per minute. Five fully brass encased direct drive barrels. Beautifully made from brass with a iron tripod with walnut stained hard wood tripod legs. V-notch rear sight, graduated to 1,000 yards. Includes deluxe transit chests, tools and accessories. Limited one year warranty on all parts and labor. MADE IN THE USA BY COLT'S MANUFACTURING. FFL required.

This firearms transfers just the same as any rifle.

Museum Quality
   Fully Operational
   Built To Original Size
   45-70 Government Caliber
   Fires Up To 800 Rounds Per Minute
   Five Fully Brass Encased Direct Drive Barrels
   Beautiful Brass and Iron Tripod
   Walnut Stained Hard Wood Tripod Legs
   V-Notch Rear Sight, Graduated To 1,000 Yards
   Includes Deluxe Transit Chests, Tools and Accessories
   Limited One Year Warranty On All Parts and Labor
   Made In The U.S.A.
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 7:27:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 8:39:31 AM EDT
[#14]
There's also a Winchester on the ceiling with a serial number "1".... told to me by an employee that had just finished an inventory.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 11:45:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
There's also a Winchester on the ceiling with a serial number "1".... told to me by an employee that had just finished an inventory.
View Quote

Like...just....the number "one", as in the first one made in the series?   That would be cool!!! :)

Only thing I have that is even remotely "cool" serial number wise is two sequentially numbered 2xx & 2xx Noveske lowers (when they first started making them...well, the "second" hundred of them anyways...lol)  

Link Posted: 8/7/2013 12:40:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Yep, that's what he told me. He was on a ladder reading serial numbers off to another guy who was checking inventory... he got to that one and saw it was a number 1 and that's all... he didn't tell me which one it was. He said he couldn't believe what he wasn't seeing... there was no other number.

Btw, I did call Kesselring's a couple of weeks ago to ask if they are still going to be stocking reloading supplies and I was told "yes".
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top