Page / 41
Posted: 4/1/2010 10:32:48 PM EDT
stop making excuses.......go

Guns Start Shooting @ 7:00pm

$13 to shoot

Bring 100 rounds of rifle ammo and 20 rounds of pistol ammo

You need a holster and a Sling, 2 rifle mags

The second run is in the dark, bring a light

Last week we saw the following: A ton of AR's, a few FAL's, (2) AK's, AUGs, PS90, Berretta 9mm rifle thing, and all kinds of different handguns.

There is a ton of dudes complaining of nowwhere to shoot, here you go. Good times, Great people and you will learn.
Link Posted: 4/1/2010 10:46:34 PM EDT
[#1]

I need to learn to embed videos....

Link Posted: 4/2/2010 5:23:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/2/2010 7:14:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Testing out the IE8 instructions....

[flash width=' 425px' height=' 344px' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omaaPdOIeWw]

fail...let's try again, this time using single quotes around the http.....

[flash width=' 425px' height=' 344px' 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omaaPdOIeWw']

fail fail....this time removing all single quotes, and replacing with double quotes...

[flash width="445px" height="364px" "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omaaPdOIeWw"]

Crap. Nothing.

So the linked thread shows an imbedded video....the text is

Quoted:
[ img]http://www.ar15.com/images/2008skins/icons/video2.png[/img] [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KtF7ql3FJc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KtF7ql3FJc[ /url]  
(I put a space in the first and last brackets)

Isolated...

[ img]http://www.ar15.com/images/2008skins/icons/video2.png[/img] [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KtF7ql3FJc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KtF7ql3FJc[ /url]

Since I don't know what/where the "2008 skins/icons...etc" "png" img came from, here's just the youtube part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omaaPdOIeWw

Crap crap, fail fail....obviously there's a magic chant somewhere that I'm not aware of, maybe a sacrificial virgin or two....could someone give a correct clue for all of us shit-for-brains-goddamn-worthless dumbfucks?
Link Posted: 4/2/2010 7:35:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 4/2/2010 7:41:38 AM EDT
[#5]
You are starting to pimp this like somebody else used to in the 00's.

Link Posted: 4/2/2010 7:44:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 4/2/2010 12:33:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Other than it being fun, that is my only affliation. I see a lot of "where to shoot" threads. Here you go. Plus I know of a dozen or so guys with $2500 rifles, that don't shoot them like there are set up for. You can only blow up so many rockpits......

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/2/2010 12:47:13 PM EDT
[#8]
And it really is fun...  It beats the shit out of getting drunk and spending the rest of the weekend hung over...
Link Posted: 4/2/2010 2:21:53 PM EDT
[#9]
You talked me into it. Its been a while since I've made a FNRL, but I'll be there tonight.  Especially since you called me out on my "Safe Queen"

G
Link Posted: 4/2/2010 2:30:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
And it really is fun...  It beats the shit out of getting drunk and spending the rest of the weekend hung over...

Who the fuck are you kidding? Everclear for the win! No hangovers here. My only regret is not bringing more back with me.
Link Posted: 4/2/2010 3:32:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who the fuck are you kidding? Everclear for the win! No hangovers here. My only regret is not bringing more back with me.

Shooting > Drinking
Link Posted: 4/2/2010 4:00:08 PM EDT
[#12]
I understand completely. I figure I'll let you guys kick my ass next friday night. Give myself a week to find my gear and round up some ammo.
Link Posted: 4/2/2010 6:24:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
And it really is fun...  It beats the shit out of getting drunk and spending the rest of the weekend hung over... wondering why your daddy parts are orange and why you're out of cheetos

Link Posted: 4/2/2010 7:43:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Thank you, let's see now....

....cvbcvbcvb....

Nope.

Ah well....
Link Posted: 4/2/2010 8:00:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Other than it being fun, that is my only affliation. I see a lot of "where to shoot" threads. Here you go. Plus I know of a dozen or so guys with $2500 rifles, that don't shoot them like there are set up for. You can only blow up so many rockpits......

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Bingo.

QFT.

Link Posted: 4/3/2010 7:13:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Great time last night at FNRL. Thanks Erex, Skillet, Bigscrun and Grumpy it was nice to meet you guys.  If you haven't been out to one of these you owe it to yourself to check it out. The cost is minimal compared to the experience. It's sure beats st stationary shooting paper targets or bump firing in a rock pit.

Cheers
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 8:05:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Great time last night at FNRL. Thanks Erex, Skillet and Bigscrun it was nice to meet you guys.  If you haven't been out to one of these you owe it to yourself to check it out. The cost is minimal compared to the experience. It's sure beats st stationary shooting paper targets or bump firing in a rock pit.

Cheers

Back at you...  And that is one NIIIIICE LWRC...

ETA: Grumpy wasn't there...  
Link Posted: 4/6/2010 3:14:05 PM EDT
[#18]
i would love to come out and shoot but i work til 9pm on fridays. we should set up like a wednesday night league for all the cool guys that cant make it friday.
Link Posted: 4/6/2010 3:57:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
i would love to come out and shoot but i work til 9pm on fridays. we should set up like a wednesday night league for all the cool guys that cant make it friday.

I am one of the few people who was actually disappointed in the move from sunday to friday...
Link Posted: 4/6/2010 4:12:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Great time last night at FNRL. Thanks Erex, Skillet, Bigscrun and Grumpy it was nice to meet you guys.  If you haven't been out to one of these you owe it to yourself to check it out. The cost is minimal compared to the experience. It's sure beats st stationary shooting paper targets or bump firing in a rock pit.

Cheers

I'm sure it would have been nice to have met you too......The pleasure would have been all mine.....
Link Posted: 4/6/2010 4:15:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great time last night at FNRL. Thanks Erex, Skillet and Bigscrun it was nice to meet you guys.  If you haven't been out to one of these you owe it to yourself to check it out. The cost is minimal compared to the experience. It's sure beats st stationary shooting paper targets or bump firing in a rock pit.

Cheers

Back at you...  And that is one NIIIIICE LWRC...

ETA: Grumpy wasn't there...  

Hey!  I was there in spirit.....

Link Posted: 4/10/2010 9:19:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Epic turnout last night, I think 35 or 36 shooters?  That was without the clown-crew Bigscrun, Erex or Skillets....    All in good fun gents, all in good fun....
And I broke out the full armor rig too............
Link Posted: 4/10/2010 9:22:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Epic turnout last night, I think 35 or 36 shooters?  That was without the clown-crew Bigscrun, Erex or Skillets....  All in good fun gents, all in good fun....

Don't lie...  You missed us.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2010 9:31:35 PM EDT
[#24]
One problem...

It's in fucking Bellevue.

Sounds like fun tho.
Link Posted: 4/10/2010 9:33:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Epic turnout last night, I think 35 or 36 shooters?  That was without the clown-crew Bigscrun, Erex or Skillets....  All in good fun gents, all in good fun....

I did!  Ok, let's hear the lame excuses............  

The 'house was crazy afterwards too......
Link Posted: 4/10/2010 9:40:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did!  Ok, let's hear the lame excuses............  

The 'house was crazy afterwards too......

I spent all today shooting a "free carbine course" that most folks would pay big $$$ for.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2010 9:52:33 PM EDT
[#27]
What is that I hear, supine is now part of the FNRL's COF?
Link Posted: 4/10/2010 10:35:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I'd be down...  But I'm pretty sure I'd get DQed..
Link Posted: 4/10/2010 10:35:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

NICE!!

Link Posted: 4/11/2010 8:10:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Got up super early Saturday morning and drove 100 miles to drop off a sink, then had some sick exMarine/current badass kick my fatass for 4 hours, while making me a better shooter. Good times and I learned a bit.
Will be there this Friday though, with the clown crew.
Link Posted: 4/11/2010 8:12:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Got up super early Saturday morning and drove 100 miles to drop off a sink, then had some sick exMarine/current badass kick my fatass for 4 hours, while making me a better shooter. Good times and I learned a bit.

If you're not bruised and bleeding, your not shooting up to your potential....  
Link Posted: 4/11/2010 8:14:51 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you're not bruised and bleeding, your not shooting up to your potential....

Both. Hand are beat to shit and my legs are dead. Good fun though, gonna get Angus to the Park and go walk a few miles.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 11:34:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Epic turnout last night, I think 35 or 36 shooters?  That was without the clown-crew Bigscrun, Erex or Skillets....    All in good fun gents, all in good fun....

The clown crew was there in full force...  Where were you?    

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 12:50:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sleeping!  Had to get up at 4:00 AM to drive over to Ephrata for the 3 gun match over there.  I know, Ian was at League and he was doing the 3 gun match also.  Which is probably why I'm banging on his door at 4:45 AM trying to wake him up so we can leave and get there on time!  

Spent Saturday doing this.....

Ephrata Stage 1

Ephrata Stage 2

Ephrata Stage 3

Ephrata Stage 4

No vid from Stage 5

Ephrata Stage 6

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 5:24:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Great Videos, and shooting, dude!  How did you guys do?

Quoted:

Ephrata Stage 1

Ephrata Stage 2

Ephrata Stage 3

Ephrata Stage 4

No vid from Stage 5

Ephrata Stage 6

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 6:26:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Looks like a helluva lotta fun. Wish I could still bend and kneel like that. I gotta go watch this sometime.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 6:32:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sleeping!  Had to get up at 4:00 AM to drive over to Ephrata for the 3 gun match over there.  I know, Ian was at League and he was doing the 3 gun match also.  Which is probably why I'm banging on his door at 4:45 AM trying to wake him up so we can leave and get there on time!  

Ephrata Stage 1

Ephrata Stage 2

Ephrata Stage 3

Ephrata Stage 4

No vid from Stage 5

Ephrata Stage 6

Wow!!!  Pretty cool vids with some pretty interesting geometry of fire.  

Still needs MOAR supine shooting though....
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Looks like a helluva lotta fun. Wish I could still bend and kneel like that. I gotta go watch this sometime.

We talked about ARFcommers starting to show up. Good stuff, guys are getting better, me for one. 2 months ago I was a 18/26 shooter in the daylight, last few weeks 26/26 shooter in the daylight, 20/26 in the dark. I think I have some night sight issues. Plus I am running ironsites, 90% of the guys are running optics, so I feel good in my abilities. We would love to see more guys show up, it is pretty cool. There a few here that I know have burned bridges with the FNRL crew so we don't have to worry about them.

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 6:45:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Voyeurs are allowed, Bobbity.  Put on a fresh trenchcoat, and watch us shoot from the corner of the range....

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 8:32:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Voyeurs are allowed, Bobbity.  Put on a fresh trenchcoat, and watch us shoot from the corner of the range....

Quoted:

You forgot to tell him to wear something under the trenchcoat....if you don't spell this stuff out in purple crayon, he will do assorted nasty things while in the corner in his trenchcoat..

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 8:51:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Great Videos, and shooting, dude!  How did you guys do?

I finished 19th and Ian finished 17th in Tactical Class (53 shooters.)  Tactical Class is by far the largest group (74% of all shooters were in Tactical class.)  I'm waiting to get the final results emailed to me.  I might be better off shooting in "Open" class or something (12 shooters.)  

For both of us to move up, we really need to practice a lot more with the shotgun.  Not shooting, but reloading it.  I use it once a year like this, and rarely practice stuffing it full as fast as I can.  We could also use some more pistol practice.....

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 8:54:39 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Great Videos, and shooting, dude! How did you guys do?

I finished 19th and Ian finished 17th in Tactical Class (53 shooters.) Tactical Class is by far the largest group (74% of all shooters were in Tactical class.) I'm waiting to get the final results emailed to me. I might be better off shooting in "Open" class or something (12 shooters.)

For both of us to move up, we really need to practice a lot more with the shotgun. Not shooting, but reloading it. I use it once a year like this, and rarely practice stuffing it full as fast as I can. We could also use some more pistol practice.....

Gotta run FNRL with a Shotgun and Pistol.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 9:44:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Great Videos, and shooting, dude! How did you guys do?

I finished 19th and Ian finished 17th in Tactical Class (53 shooters.) Tactical Class is by far the largest group (74% of all shooters were in Tactical class.) I'm waiting to get the final results emailed to me. I might be better off shooting in "Open" class or something (12 shooters.)

For both of us to move up, we really need to practice a lot more with the shotgun. Not shooting, but reloading it. I use it once a year like this, and rarely practice stuffing it full as fast as I can. We could also use some more pistol practice.....

Just let us know ahead of time so I can skip that week.  I sold my shotgun...
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 1:02:07 PM EDT
[#44]
We would, but it makes taping the holes a MAJOR pain in the ass.
That's why we haven't done it since the WSI days....

Totally agree with SCollins though, the thing that kills you using the shotgun, is the RELOADING.   Those magazine fed shotguns, speedfeed tubes, and even the plastic beltclip shell holders shave all kinds of time from your score.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 1:54:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Totally agree with SCollins though, the thing that kills you using the shotgun, is the RELOADING.   Those magazine fed shotguns, speedfeed tubes, and even the plastic beltclip shell holders shave all kinds of time from your score.

Quoted:

Slugs...

But yeah, lets skip the Shotgun...  
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 2:07:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Have the Shotty pre positioned on the barrel and used instead of a pistol, then use cheap paper plates taped over center mass.  That close the pattern shouldn't be TOO wide, and the paper plates are swapped out quickly.  Using the pistol Targets also keeps it down to 6 shots, which most HD shotguns should be able to hold so that eliminates reloading, OR at least limits reloading to a chamber reload, OR just fire 1 round/ target.

Just an idea...

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 5:47:40 PM EDT
[#47]
I shot it once with the saiga 12 and slugs.  It was alright.  I'd much prefer to shoot steel and clays with the shotty. It's more satisfying.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 6:08:18 PM EDT
[#48]
There a couple of issues that keep us from running shotgun stages:

1.)  The ranges generally don't allow for birdshot indoors.  It makes a huge mess, with little pellets all over the floor or sitting right near the surface of the berm.  They generally allow 00Buck or slug though.
2.)  00Buck and Slugs are expensive!  Even if we did only 1 slug per paper, it would still be $10+ in ammo per run (not that 5.56 is much cheaper anymore.... )
3.)  Taping the holes would take a lot of time.  Slugs make 2 big holes usually, one from the slug and 1 from the wad.  Although the paper plate idea may work pretty fast.  Only paper plate hits count, everything else is a miss?
4.)  Shooting shotguns is slow!  FNRL already takes every second we've got with faster guns.  A shotgun only night would be a "one run only" type of thing.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be up for it once a month, but I don't know how feasible or realistic that is.  And besides, my Benelli holds 9 rounds.  With 10 paper targets, I'd only have to stuff in one round (assuming a one round per target scenario) so that isn't much practice!!  
Link Posted: 4/24/2010 9:14:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
There a couple of issues that keep us from running shotgun stages:

1.)  The ranges generally don't allow for birdshot indoors.  It makes a huge mess, with little pellets all over the floor or sitting right near the surface of the berm.  They generally allow 00Buck or slug though.
2.)  00Buck and Slugs are expensive!  Even if we did only 1 slug per paper, it would still be $10+ in ammo per run (not that 5.56 is much cheaper anymore.... )
3.)  Taping the holes would take a lot of time.  Slugs make 2 big holes usually, one from the slug and 1 from the wad.  Although the paper plate idea may work pretty fast.  Only paper plate hits count, everything else is a miss?
4.)  Shooting shotguns is slow!  FNRL already takes every second we've got with faster guns.  A shotgun only night would be a "one run only" type of thing.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be up for it once a month, but I don't know how feasible or realistic that is.  And besides, my Benelli holds 9 rounds.  With 10 paper targets, I'd only have to stuff in one round (assuming a one round per target scenario) so that isn't much practice!!  

What are ya, a fuckin' brick?

Link Posted: 4/24/2010 4:18:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

What are ya, a fuckin' brick?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 41
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top