Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2017 7:12:41 AM EDT
Hello, Is there anyone in central PA that I can send brass to and have it reloaded? I started doing it but working 2 jobs doesn't afford the time needed to do it.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 2:54:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Honestly, your best bet is probably to sell off the brass and use the money to just buy new ammo.

There's savings to be had if you reload, but the margins aren't huge right now.  Even if you buy all the components, once you add in the cost of paying someone else to do it for you (and the cost of their overhead; insurance, equipment wear, etc) I think you'd more than eat up any savings to be had.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 6:09:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hello, Is there anyone in central PA that I can send brass to and have it reloaded? I started doing it but working 2 jobs doesn't afford the time needed to do it.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
View Quote
There is no way I would let someone else load my brass for me.

There is a very slim chance that I would buy ammo from a  reloading company that has a brass exchange program... which is I think what you are looking for..... but you want something close so you don't have to pay shipping.  This company is an example of a brass exchange program and I am not endorsing them.  https://www.freedommunitions.com/

There is a 100% chance that I would buy online in bulk from SG Ammo.   http://www.sgammo.com/

BTW.  I am a re-loader. I hope you can get back in the reloading game when things slow down for you.  Good luck and feel free to ask for any other suggestions..
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 6:26:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I tend to agree with the other posters.

I wouldn't want to shoot reloads done by some random person I found on the internet. And for liability reasons, I wouldn't want to reload ammo to be shot by someone I found on the internet either. Just not worth it.

I suggest just buying factory loads and saving the brass for when you have time, or start selling your brass. I used to sell lots of range pickup brass; sorting and counting is time-consuming so that may not be for you right now either.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 7:12:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I send my used brass to Georgia Arms for reloading.
Their .223 ammo is very accurate.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 7:29:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Ammobot.  Just run it while you do chores.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top