Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2017 11:48:44 PM EDT
Let me start off with a little bit of background information. Currently I am an Ohio resident. My fiancee recently moved to Pittsburgh for work and I will be following her out there as soon as I can find a new job in the area. As I wait to see how everything shakes out with the job search, pretty much everything in my life is on hold and I have a lot of time to kill. It seems like a great time to bang out a CCW permit which I have been blowing off for far too long now.

To the former Ohioans on here, I understand that OH and PA have reciprocity, but will Ohio continue to honor a permit issued in Ohio once my state of residence changes to Pennsylvania? I will probably cross post that question in Ohio hometown as well.

I see that Iron City Armory in Bridgeville offers a class for the Utah permit . Is this the hotness for getting a carry permit in PA?

Would it be better to just wait and take care of this once I move to Pennsylvania?

What is my best course of action here?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. - If anyone knows of any openings for a Design Engineer with 5+ years of experience in the Pittsburgh area, I know a guy who would probably be a good fit.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 9:48:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure how Ohio is setup.  But in PA (at least Mercer County) it's just a walk in, pay $20, and walk out deal for a LTCF.  

BTW.  Lots of guys where were getting Utah permits in PA when we didn't have reciprocity with Ohio.  A Utah permit would allow us to carry in Ohio.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top