Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2017 3:31:18 PM EDT
It has been over 10 years since I have been to this range so it may be closed down, but does anyone remember a range that had an area you could drive down into and shoot in any direction you wanted since it was such a deep depression? I can't even remember how far from Pittsburgh it was, just that I drove roughly an hour from Latrobe to get there.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 8:01:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like it could have been greater pittsburgh gun club in Bavington PA.  

Unfortunately, it has since been closed down.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 10:33:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds like it could have been greater pittsburgh gun club in Bavington PA.  

Unfortunately, it has since been closed down.
View Quote
I used to be a member there and don't remember anything like that.

BTW, Iron City Armory bought the old GPGC and are trying to get it reopened... they are having some difficulties, but I wish them good luck.

https://ironcitygunclub.com/about/

http://www.observer-reporter.com/20161115/judge_orders_gun_club_to_close_but_fines_will_no_longer_accumulate_
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 12:54:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I think you're talking about PMSC, waaaay in the back. It's still there. They're slowly working on building a shoot house down there but I haven't checked on it in awhile.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 12:59:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I think you're talking about PMSC, waaaay in the back. It's still there. They're slowly working on building a shoot house down there but I haven't checked on it in awhile.
View Quote
Yeah that's probably what he's talking about... most of that area is used for USPSA and other pistol shooting now.   You can still easily get 180 degrees of shooting back there.

heres a video of the facility...
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 5:30:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yeah that's probably what he's talking about... most of that area is used for USPSA and other pistol shooting now.   You can still easily get 180 degrees of shooting back there.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxqAUwsvE-UQuoted:

Yeah at 7:14 on the left before that green gas well, there's a gully down there where you could shoot 360. I've always still kept it at 180 out of habit. There's also another road after the green gas well. Both trails are very overgrown. I don't have a truck or SUV anymore so I haven't been down there in awhile.

Still might not be the place he's asking about, but it most likely is.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 6:08:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah at 7:14 on the left before that green gas well, there's a gully down there where you could shoot 360. I've always still kept it at 180 out of habit. There's also another road after the green gas well. Both trails are very overgrown. I don't have a truck or SUV anymore so I haven't been down there in awhile.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxqAUwsvE-UQuoted:

yup and its about an hour from Latrobe, perhaps a little less.

I'm going to be out there within the next month, i'll have to check it out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top