Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2017 7:21:13 PM EDT

How many of you are going to the Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg?

I'll be at C.P. Tactical Solutions Inc.'s Booth (#724) on Saturday February 4th from 12 PM - 1 PM and Sunday February 5th from 4 PM - 5 PM.

I'll be at the Rockwell Tactical Group Booth (#763) on Saturday February 11th from 1 PM - 2 PM and Sunday February 12th from 11 AM - 12 PM.

I'll also be wandering the show for some time on those days. If you're going, please stop by and say hello. If you don't want to stop by the booth but catch me walking around, please say hello!
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 7:28:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I wish, maybe next year. The farm show has been calling me home as well.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 8:15:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll be down with my daughter from the 9-11. Bunch of others coming down too for the weekend. We have a good time walking around like minded people.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 1:57:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I've often wondered if this is worth the almost two hours drive for.  Is it mostly hunting and other gear?

Was thinking of going today, but looks like a sleepless night for me and I think I have cold as well so, will probably stay home.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 2:38:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've often wondered if this is worth the almost two hours drive for.  Is it mostly hunting and other gear?

Was thinking of going today, but looks like a sleepless night for me and I think I have cold as well so, will probably stay home.
View Quote

No its a good mix of everything. There is a section for bow and fishing all by its self. As far as fire arms go last year I seen a suppressed scar at the AAC booth. There are custom AR's and pretty much anything you can think of gun related. I bought a laserlyte target or whatever it was last year. Its not like your local gun show where a bunch of local vendors or individuals show up and sell everything for a premium. The big names in the business actually have booths here as well as your local vendors and there is other entertainment as well.

Its a great show, would I drive two hours to see it? Yes but I would make a weekend of it and I would not likely do it again for a few years. I’ve goon the last two years and I am excited about taking the kids again this year, hopefully to catch the dock dogs big air show.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 6:17:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Taking the daughters tomorrow AM, has anyone checked out the Xtreme bullets booth yet? Really curious what deals they are offering on bullets this time... bought nearly my years supply of 147gr 9mm bullets last year.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 8:33:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I was there all day today.  Wish I would've saw this thread, I would've stopped by the booth.  I'll be there all day tomorrow and next Sunday.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:37:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was there all day today.  Wish I would've saw this thread, I would've stopped by the booth.  I'll be there all day tomorrow and next Sunday.
View Quote

@jr1092 I'll be back at CP Tactical's booth from 4-5 tomorrow. I'll be arriving around 2 and wandering around before then. Then back out next weekend.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 8:23:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Well in my buddies and my opinion the show officially sucked.  How many halls are truly necessary for hunting and fishing outfitters, I mean seriously the shooting sports section has been getting worse every year.  They could at least put all the ATVs, tractors and trucks in another building.  I would have liked to see Desert tech, CZ, EAA, Silencerco to name a few.  And seriously who the hell wants a double barrel ar15 that is ridiculously heavy and has 2 triggers, just buy an m249.   The best part of the show was going to Troegs brewery afterwards.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 11:36:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well in my buddies and my opinion the show officially sucked.  How many halls are truly necessary for hunting and fishing outfitters, I mean seriously the shooting sports section has been getting worse every year.  They could at least put all the ATVs, tractors and trucks in another building.  I would have liked to see Desert tech, CZ, EAA, Silencerco to name a few.  And seriously who the hell wants a double barrel ar15 that is ridiculously heavy and has 2 triggers, just buy an m249.   The best part of the show was going to Troegs brewery afterwards.
View Quote

CZ made it there last year and yeah it would have been nice to see a few more companies. Erathr3 made it this year but their booth was just the truck from Sema which I thought was pretty weak. Agreed the trucks cars where not my thing but guys into guns are usually into trucks? Either way I thought the shows was pretty dang good but then again most the shows I go to are pretty week so maybe thats why. Also its pretty family friendly aswell my two 6 year old boys loved the dog show.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 7:11:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I'll be at the Pa FNRA booth on Wed. and Thurs.. I'll be wearing a black ARFCOM baseball hat.                
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 7:44:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'll be at the Pa FNRA booth on Wed. and Thurs.. I'll be wearing a black ARFCOM baseball hat.                
View Quote

Where is the booth? I'm stopping by Thursday to grab lunch with Drake from Magpul. I'll swing by and say hello!
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 12:40:13 PM EDT
[#12]
It is across the hall from the wall of guns raffle. Booth 49. Hope to see you.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 4:49:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No its a good mix of everything. There is a section for bow and fishing all by its self. As far as fire arms go last year I seen a suppressed scar at the AAC booth. There are custom AR's and pretty much anything you can think of gun related. I bought a laserlyte target or whatever it was last year. Its not like your local gun show where a bunch of local vendors or individuals show up and sell everything for a premium. The big names in the business actually have booths here as well as your local vendors and there is other entertainment as well.

Its a great show, would I drive two hours to see it? Yes but I would make a weekend of it and I would not likely do it again for a few years. I’ve goon the last two years and I am excited about taking the kids again this year, hopefully to catch the dock dogs big air show.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, can you actually buy guns there like at a gun show?
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:03:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

@jr1092 I'll be back at CP Tactical's booth from 4-5 tomorrow. I'll be arriving around 2 and wandering around before then. Then back out next weekend.
View Quote

@SuperMoose I left at 3:50 yesterday due to others being in my group.  I'll see you on Sunday at the Rockwell Tactical booth.  I wish I wasn't working, I'd crash your date with Drake
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 7:53:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'll be down with my daughter from the 9-11. Bunch of others coming down too for the weekend. We have a good time walking around like minded people.
View Quote

Stop by the Eastern Pa FNRA booth on Thursday it's across the hall from the Wall of Guns. I'm the short fat guy with the black ARFCOM hat.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 11:40:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Anyone? Bueller?
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 8:00:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Anyone? Bueller?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone? Bueller?

No gun sales.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 9:08:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

No gun sales.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone? Bueller?

No gun sales.

Adam, thanks for the info! Not what I hoped to hear but I already voted for you anyways

Anyone know why? Seems odd...
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:58:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Wondering the same about gun sales, never been there but may go this weekend. Is it filled with fat smelly tards selling beanie babies and expired beef jerky. Are there any accessories/guns for sale or is it just a hey look what we are bringing out this year show.
Do they allow concealed carry as well?

Sounds cool but not worth a baby sitter and a 2 hour round trip and a cover charge for me unless there are Chinese ninja swords and blow guns to buy.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 5:24:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Adam, thanks for the info! Not what I hoped to hear but I already voted for you anyways

Anyone know why? Seems odd...
View Quote

Because it's not a gun show. Selling and buying guns is not the purpose of the show. Most people with booths are manufacturers, not sellers/distributers. It's set up more like Shot to give the industry a chance to show their new products.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top