Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2017 3:14:45 PM EDT
Going to Philthadelphia next Saturday for wife's company Christmas party.  I've heard Philly is no-go, is that true?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 3:23:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Not at all. It's part of the Commonwealth. Same rules apply.

You can't open carry in Philadelphia without a LTCF and honestly, it isn't advisable unless you want to speak to the police.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 5:24:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Where did you hear Philly is a "no go"?
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 7:16:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where did you hear Philly is a "no go"?
View Quote

Over 20 years ago, read something that Phila was following NYC, and prohibiting CCW. Haven't been there in 20 years, so never checked. Not a fan of cities anyway. I  live just south of York, and stay out of town, unless I must go. Thanks for the info guys.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 11:01:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I've carried there countless times...concealed means concealed
But regardless, my understanding is that there is nothing in the law that precludes a LTC holder to carry within the city limits.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 11:22:42 PM EDT
[#5]
TOTALLY legal to carry concealed or open carry as long as you have a permit.  I would STRONGLY advise against open carrying in Phila unless you are looking for trouble with the cops.  Most businesses won't let you in carrying openly either.  I watched a video of a guy openly carrying and filming himself get harassed by the cops.  The questioned the guy's permit saying it was a Delaware county permit not a phila permit.  Although the guy was saying it didn't matter they still hassled him.  The one cop DID say "Didn't I tell you to carry it concealed so you don get shit but you had to keep open carrying?".  Although it may be legal, they still harassed him, ran him in, wasted his time, then gave him some fine for not having a license to be a security guard because hs said he was at his friends place of business and they interpreted it as he was working as a security guard.

Nothing for nothing the citizen choosing to open carry was only doing it to get the cops to hassle him.

If you are going to open carry, be ready for flack!  Its your legal right to do so, but is this a problem you want to have?

CCW is totally fine and I would advise CCW and go about your business.

I CCW EVERYTIME I have to go into the city no matter what part.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 12:27:11 PM EDT
[#6]
CCW is fine in Philadelphia.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 12:42:16 PM EDT
[#7]
As said, totally legal.  Hell, I never go into that city NOT carrying!  Also, as mentioned, you can legally open carry (if you have a carry permit!) but you will be harassed by the police if you should choose to do so.
(ETA: forgot to include LTCF for open carry!
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 12:45:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
As said, totally legal.  Hell, I never go into that city NOT carrying!  Also, as mentioned, you can legally open carry but you will be harassed by the police if you should choose to do so.
View Quote

Not quite right...

In order to Open Carry in Philadelphia, you MUST have a License to Carry a firearm Strange as the same LTF allows you to carry concealed.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 4:04:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Knife laws in Philly are different though. Dont carry a knife unless you can prove its a work related box knife or something.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 6:31:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
CCW is fine in Philadelphia.
View Quote
I still ain't visiting Philly any time soon
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top