Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2016 4:08:46 PM EDT
I answered a survey (posted in here in early 2015 also) regarding a potential new range coming to the area and what would we want to see, where should it be located. I didn't hear anything for a long time and almost forgot about it but turns out the people starting it go to the range I'm currently a member at and they're good people- she's a Competitive shooter and they're both heavily into the volunteer thing at my range - always there for matches and coordinating work days and such

Well,

The range is becoming a reality! It will be located in Upland, PA just off of I-95. It will be a members-only facility. One more option in the area that's NOT Targetmaster.

here's their info:

Race Street Range website
Race Street Range Facebook page
RSR Instagram
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 8:56:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Mark and Annette are AWESOME people.  I'm a member at New Holland too and what they have done for the club is simply phenomenal.  This will be an amazing place if all goes well.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 9:37:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Crossing my fingers this could be great
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 12:54:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Really looking forward to this, will be great to have more options in the area.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 11:29:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Interesting concept, will be interesting to see how it works out financially.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:34:31 PM EDT
[#5]
It's 50 minutes from me, but I may join because indoor ranges are tough to come by around here.  I hope it will be like the indoor range in Harrisburg and allow members to shoot anytime once it's open.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 11:46:39 PM EDT
[#6]
There's already a shooting range in Upland.  It's called Upland.

Glad to hear about a new range but that area is sketchy as hell and there are serious personal safety and security issues that can't be ignored.  I wish everyone the best.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:11:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Glad to hear about a new range but that area is sketchy as hell and there are serious personal safety and security issues that can't be ignored.  I wish everyone the best.
View Quote

I didn't want to pour water on someone's dream, but yah, that and the whole cost of running a range where the only revenue generator is the range would be pretty high.

Just putting in HVAC and lead reclamation could be very costly.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:20:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Umm... Upland ISN'T Chester, and you'll be armed, right?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:21:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Umm... Upland ISN'T Chester, and you'll be armed, right?
View Quote

Upland is directly attached to Chester, same school district, same neighborhoods.  In the stats attached, you'll see that the violent crime rate is "high" and only slightly lower than Chester, though rate of assaults in Upland is actually higher in Upland than in Chester.
city-data stats for Upland

Having a guitar doesn't make you a musician, having a gun doesn't make you safe.  If that were the case, no gun shops ever be robbed, right?  

It's great to hear about a new indoor going in, but let's not kid ourselves... THIS IS A HORRIBLE IDEA.  If it opens, I'll give it a matter of months before someone is robbed on premises, and a year before something worse happens.  I really do wish everyone the best, but I wouldn't let anyone I know or care about be in that area, ever.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:21:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I signed up to get on their mailing list a while ago and have not heard anything.

upland is a rough area.  I live in Media, refuse to go to target master for anything, am a member of DCFS but they aren't to receptive to black guns so the Upland location is pretty close to me.

But Upland is rough.  Its as Chester as Toby Farms is.  Chester proper is on the other side of I95 but its a rough area.

I always thought Sun Center area would be a great location for an indoor shooting range.

Still waiting to hear from them in a mailer.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 10:30:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Just saw an update from Race Street Range on their FB page- I was pretty sure i signed up for their mailing list but I didn't get an email update:

Did you get our February update in your email? We're moving along in the engineering and finance phase of the Race Street Range project, and will be sending first dibs on membership slots to subscribers. Head on over to www.racestreetrange.com to get on our mailing list!
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top