Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 6:27:23 PM EDT
[#1]
So,since i'm not all about creating accounts all over the Internet just to watch a video...did anyone see or hear any "official" updates about this whole not being allowed to use limiters in mags deal?
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 7:38:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm so irritated right now I'm not sure I can offer a proper response.  I'm thinking of foregoing any spending or participation in this next year's 2017/2018 season.  I'd planned on at least 2 out-of-county trips and buying a crossbow and attendant archery endosements in addition to the Migratory bird and Muzzeloader.....Now I'm not sure I feel like supporting the PGC.....Or the Fish and Boat folk either......I'm kinda pissed right now!
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:18:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So,since i'm not all about creating accounts all over the Internet just to watch a video...did anyone see or hear any "official" updates about this whole not being allowed to use limiters in mags deal?
View Quote
doesn't matter now. 
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:37:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm so irritated right now I'm not sure I can offer a proper response.  I'm thinking of foregoing any spending or participation in this next year's 2017/2018 season.  I'd planned on at least 2 out-of-county trips and buying a crossbow and attendant archery endosements in addition to the Migratory bird and Muzzeloader.....Now I'm not sure I feel like supporting the PGC.....Or the Fish and Boat folk either......I'm kinda pissed right now!
View Quote
This right here is how I feel too.  It blows my mind that the PGC finds ways to go backwards.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:49:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
doesn't matter now. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
doesn't matter now. 
Actually it does. I wasn't concerned about big game...I was concerned about small game/woodchucks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:14:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Actually it does. I wasn't concerned about big game...I was concerned about small game/woodchucks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
doesn't matter now. 
The same guy that have me the 5 round info said 30 rounds FMJ for yotes is ok.

Ymmv.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:45:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Ymmv.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
doesn't matter now. 

Ymmv.
That's good...won't have to buy 5 or 10 rounders now...will just use my 20's if that's the case.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 6:31:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Yup, don't think Ill be buying a hunting license this year. Fuck the PAGC. Fuck Fudds and Dems. FUCK!
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:32:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm planning on following through, and only hunting out of state this year.  Not buying a license and telling them why is the best way they'll fix this rule for next year.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 9:01:32 AM EDT
[#10]
I was going to buy a license this year when I heard semi auto hunting was going to pass just to show support for it.  I haven't bought a license in 4 years because I don't have anywhere near me that isn't over run with people I don't trust hunting around.  The only days I get to hunt are both Saturdays so I don't usually have the time to travel to hunt.

The PGC just made my decision to NOT buy a hunting license this year or any year until they pass Semi hunting for all species.  I don't even care if I hunt with a  a semi but it should be legal to do.  I would boycott for Sunday hunting too but I'm not foolish enough to believe that will happen in my lifetime.  I hope more people decide to not buy hunting licenses and tell them that their foolish decision to not allow semi auto hunting is why.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 9:40:22 AM EDT
[#11]
[email protected] is the email address for voicing your displeasure.
I sincerely hope that inbox gets slammed full of concise objections to this decision.
Keep if full until next year's rules meeting.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:21:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the address.  I sent an email voicing my displeasure.  It will be ignored I am sure but at least I said something.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 11:21:33 AM EDT
[#13]
The rules committee meets again in June.
We need to keep the pressure on them.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 12:55:03 PM EDT
[#14]
See?
Fudds are verrryy, verrryy sneekie.

Well, fukem. More of the cranky old bastards will be dead by this time next year.
Meanwhile, back to hunting with "manually operated" FAL and 20 rnd. mags
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 1:28:04 PM EDT
[#15]
I was considering not buying a license in protest. Then I remembered that I have a side charge upper built to cycle manually sans gastube.  I think I will use that this year in hopes of trolling a warden.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 3:09:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
See?
Fudds are verrryy, verrryy sneekie.

Well, fukem. More of the cranky old bastards will be dead by this time next year.
Meanwhile, back to hunting with "manually operated" FAL and 20 rnd. mags
View Quote
Unfortunately, most of the commentary I'm seeing celebrating the decision against semi-auto for big game is coming from young fudds... early 20's, all full of piss and vinegar in their whopping 10 years experience..

Most of them look pretty inbred (from the fakebook profiles) so maybe they won't last long...

But it's not necessarily looking like the bulk of the objection is coming from "not long for this earth" fudd-types...
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 5:01:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I was considering not buying a license in protest. Then I remembered that I have a side charge upper built to cycle manually sans gastube.  I think I will use that this year in hopes of trolling a warden.
View Quote
that's exactly where I'm heading.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:24:42 PM EDT
[#18]
I really think you guys are wrong when you say the minority was against it. Every single person I've talked to in person about it, young, old, hunter, non-hunter, shooters and non-shooters, have said they'd prefer the rules just stay the same.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:35:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I really think you guys are wrong when you say the minority was against it. Every single person I've talked to in person about it, young, old, hunter, non-hunter, shooters and non-shooters, have said they'd prefer the rules just stay the same.
View Quote
last gun club meeting I was at (last week) everyone wanted it except for 3 old farts.  over 100 people there.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:42:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
last gun club meeting I was at (last week) everyone wanted it except for 3 old farts.  over 100 people there.
View Quote
Even a few guys who are really into shooting and I thought for sure would be excited about it were against it.

What gun club was it?
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:43:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same here at ours on the 14th.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:49:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
If you really want to troll leave the side charger at home.  Buy a fur bearer license.  You can hunt coyotes during the firearm deer season with a semi auto AR and a D60.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:51:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Unfortunately, most of the commentary I'm seeing celebrating the decision against semi-auto for big game is coming from young fudds... early 20's, all full of piss and vinegar in their whopping 10 years experience..

Most of them look pretty inbred (from the fakebook profiles) so maybe they won't last long...

But it's not necessarily looking like the bulk of the objection is coming from "not long for this earth" fudd-types...
View Quote
I think that's just representative of who posts on the game commissions Facebook page.  The older ones are sending in their postcard surveys.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 9:17:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same here.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 9:24:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
On another site, I read the PGC cited their (flawed) survey indicating 55 and older leaned more toward keeping Pa. in the 19th century than those younger than 55.
Take heart, the fudds are dropping like flies. The few young nimrods they hold power over will be released as they slip off this mortal coil (on a vent and a morphine drip...).

On a related note I have been told that removing the gas tube from your AR is not satisfactory to the PGC. I have a letter from the director to the effect that a semiauto would need to be "permanently" altered to ensure compliance with the 1907 law prohibiting semiautos.

This is of course bullshit. The PGC although allowed to make rules and regulations, does not have the power to alter the statute.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 9:37:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Even a few guys who are really into shooting and I thought for sure would be excited about it were against it.

What gun club was it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What gun club was it?
DMSC
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 9:43:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

On another site, I read the PGC cited their (flawed) survey indicating 55 and older leaned more toward keeping Pa. in the 19th century than those younger than 55.
Take heart, the fudds are dropping like flies. The few young nimrods they hold power over will be released as they slip off this mortal coil (on a vent and a morphine drip...).

On a related note I have been told that removing the gas tube from your AR is not satisfactory to the PGC. I have a letter from the director to the effect that a semiauto would need to be "permanently" altered to ensure compliance with the 1907 law prohibiting semiautos.

This is of course bullshit. The PGC although allowed to make rules and regulations, does not have the power to alter the statute.
View Quote

that's interesting that the law came out that year. Remington released the Model 8 semi-auto rifle the year before. That was the first rifle ever chambered in .35 Remington. Winchester also debuted the Model 1905 and 1907 SLRs around the same time.

You have to think that these rifles had something to do with it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:14:04 AM EDT
[#28]
I wonder what they? consider permanent.  A plug in my shotgun tube is good enough for a magazine limit but a gastube removed isn't good enough for making a semi-auto a manually operated rifle?  At least they consistently don't make sense.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:48:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
I like the way you think.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 1:52:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I like the way you think.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/30/2017 3:23:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I wonder what they? consider permanent.  A plug in my shotgun tube is good enough for a magazine limit but a gastube removed isn't good enough for making a semi-auto a manually operated rifle?  At least they consistently don't make sense.
View Quote
Don't bother asking a wco, you'll get one of a couple different answers. It's like asking a cop for legal advice.
According to my open records request, wco's do not get this info disseminated to them in any kind of yearly refresher or training.

There is only the institutional  folklore passed down from one shitbird to another- for example a couple of the wco's I asked told me "it needs to be welded shut".
That leads to the obvious follow up; OK there Hispeed, what exactly is it that needs to be "welded shut"? The answer that follows is usually word salad nonsense because they have no idea how an AR or any other type of firearm actually works.

In short, the pgc will not put in writing what "permanent" actually means.
Which is probably in their best interest as the pgc does not have the authority to change the statute. The law very clearly spells out the definition semiautomatic firearm as applied to hunting.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:37:14 PM EDT
[#32]
I sort of pointed out that they have people making regulations and rules that know nothing about guns which besides bag limits and seasons, is the most restricted item they have influence on the regulations.  These clowns are a joke.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 8:34:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Guess who isn't going to be getting my money for a hunting permit this year
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 8:55:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Crop damage tags FTMFW!
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 9:04:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Crop damage tags FTMFW!
View Quote
Yeah. But I think you have to get a basic licence. 
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 9:50:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nope. Just own or be employed at a red tag farm.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 6:40:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well I'm not..... but.... my friend is... He offered me a handful of tags last year.... still need the licence.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 10:43:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Well I'm not..... but.... my friend is... He offered me a handful of tags last year.... still need the licence.
View Quote
Every penny you deny the PGC sends a message...

$26 is less than $80ish...

Can't wait to see how few of those $25 pheasant stamps they sell...
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 5:14:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Moved up here two years ago from Texas. Still haven't gone hunting because of all the stupid laws here.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 4:32:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top