Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2016 2:16:35 PM EDT
They are pretty bad ass, and lots of fun.  

This one was two gun.

http://www.robingilmore.com/URC/URC-1.m4v

The one on the 15th is all rifle and there are still plenty of spots open.  

Shots are out to 600Y for DMR guns, and 500Y for RECCE class guns.  

The classes break down like this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If your rifle has a scope capable of more than 6x magnification it is a DMR.

AND/OR

If your rifle has a bipod, it is a DMR.  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it has an optic that is 6x or less at maximum power, and no bipod, it's a RECCE (wrecky).

(Most guns set up for 3-gun or practical shooting can play in this space)

For the longer shots, RECCE shooters can take advantage of natural materials, their ruck, or available stage props.  

There are lots of moving targets, a mountain full of steel, and it's a fantastic time.  

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdv2eW2JAsSWdADk2S4MNcf4bD8iSSnSaBn99lNNFJpGDfgkA/viewform
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 2:29:36 PM EDT
[#1]
links are broken...
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 8:22:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Yugo, that's handled.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 1:45:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

NP...are you a member at URC?
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 7:56:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe I cross that bar this week.  My application has been in.  

It is $200 for the first year and $50 each year after.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 8:13:43 AM EDT
[#5]
if I wasn't hunting this weekend I would go to this match.  This is my first available weekend to finally make it out to my stand.

URC has been slowly changing for the better since I joined a couple years ago.  Getting the berms added, slowly adding steel and extending the range further and further.  

Good luck to all the shooters this weekend, good group of guys there.

fargo - you been to many of the matches this year?  I've only been able to make the June match this year.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 10:49:23 AM EDT
[#6]
A couple so far.  

I am running the long range stuff there now that they've pushed out to 600Y.  

They want members, they are friendly to all shooting sports and they have some solid plans for improving the berms and separation of ranges.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 11:41:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I've wanted to join for a few years BUT i'm hesitant. I've read/heard that they don't want members who aren't going to be "involved" with the range (members who just come to shoot and don't take part in volunteer activities). Kinda hard to volunteer with my work schedule.

The comps look like they are a blast though!
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 11:51:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I am close but never stopped in there. I am from the blandon/oley area and in-laws who babysit 3 days a week are in exeter and I go by the club. Looks interesting for sure!
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 12:55:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've wanted to join for a few years BUT i'm hesitant. I've read/heard that they don't want members who aren't going to be "involved" with the range (members who just come to shoot and don't take part in volunteer activities). Kinda hard to volunteer with my work schedule.

View Quote

I didn't get that vibe at all.  Perhaps that was from several years ago.  

I will say it is rather like any other gun club in the respect that there are half a dozen guys who do 95% of the work.  

They are most definitely on a membership drive.   They have already pushed out the distance to 600Y, and they have serious plans to improve and fortify the ranges.  These are big projects that need funding.  

They approached me with running some longer distance matches there to help make their pin on the map glow a bit brighter.  

We created a new RECCE class ("the rifle of the common man"), and it's taking off smashingly well.  Next year will see a five match series between URC and NHRPC for DMR and RECCE rifles.  

For guys who want to shoot distance, and are already on the NHRPC waiting list, it's hard to overlook.  

Link Posted: 10/13/2016 11:29:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I will say it is rather like any other gun club in the respect that there are half a dozen guys who do 95% of the work.  

They are most definitely on a membership drive.   They have already pushed out the distance to 600Y, and they have serious plans to improve and fortify the ranges.  These are big projects that need funding.  

They approached me with running some longer distance matches there to help make their pin on the map glow a bit brighter.  

We created a new RECCE class ("the rifle of the common man"), and it's taking off smashingly well.  Next year will see a five match series between URC and NHRPC for DMR and RECCE rifles.  

For guys who want to shoot distance, and are already on the NHRPC waiting list, it's hard to overlook.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm gonna have to look into it again. I'm about 5 minutes away and wouldn't mind having 300+ to shoot! 100 gets boring after a while...LOL
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 7:31:07 AM EDT
[#11]
This looks like a nice setup.  It's a bit far for me to join (i'm in upper bucks), but I was considering signing up.

Is there a short write up of what the competition entails?  Is there alot of movement or is it mostly stationary shooting from different positions (prone, unsupported, barricade).

Also, are the targets at 600yds man sized smaller/bigger?
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 8:20:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This looks like a nice setup.  It's a bit far for me to join (i'm in upper bucks), but I was considering signing up.

Is there a short write up of what the competition entails?  Is there alot of movement or is it mostly stationary shooting from different positions (prone, unsupported, barricade).

Also, are the targets at 600yds man sized smaller/bigger?
View Quote

The video shows a lot of it.  The shooting tower, the rooftop, a drag dummy, etc.   It's all realistic type stages.  

Here's the course of fire for the 15th.    The RECCE guys have no bipod on the gun, but for the far stuff they are allowed to use natural materials (log, ruck, etc) as forward support unless the stage specifically calls for sitting, NRA prone, etc.  

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tzl8Jzi7zUDRD2gMnw4bdJCaNvFgU_q-G6PFr-5Wuj4/pubhtml?gid=1582897752&single=true

The 600Y target is a fullsize IPSC steel, 80 degrees magnetic from the benches.   The other steel ranges in size from fullsize IPSC (400+) to half size at 350 and shorter.  Most distances have an 8" circle there too for precision/DMR use.  
Here's a target map, which is NOT up to date.  There is more steel on the mountain than this shows.  There are fullsize at 405 and 435 as well.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top