Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2016 12:05:36 PM EDT
Dear God, what happened?   Your show used to be good and I recommended it to my friends when you were in Monroeville, even at the roller skating rink meant for 150 people, and even at North hills mall.   Your vendors are absolutely horrible now.   I understand that Brick and mortar stores have rent and electric to pay, but I would actually get better deals at real local gun shops.

Notable finds today included PSA blemished freedom lowers for $249. Literally twice the price.  Mixmaster garands for $1500 with (new stock) but a shot out barrel.

Maybe I've been spoiled by the really good gun shows of the past, but I can't see myself ever going back for free, much less for $8 plus gas.   I'll be sticking with the Monroeville convention center show, and Washington county show.   Sad to see PA gun collectors go so far downhill.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 1:40:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Where does PGCA do their shows now? I haven't attended one since they were held at the mills mall -- what, 4 or 5 years now?
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 7:37:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where does PGCA do their shows now? I haven't attended one since they were held at the mills mall -- what, 4 or 5 years now?
View Quote

They're at Pullman Square in downtown Butler now.

I haven't gone since they left Greensburg for the second time.

IMO it was a great show when it was at Expo Mart in Monroeville and Greengate  & Westmoreland Malls in Greensburg.

I never went to the skating rink, Pittsburgh Mills Mall or North Hills and I probably won't go to Butler. I haven't heard one positive thing about them at that venue.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 9:47:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I was there today......I was pushing a stroller with a rifle mounted to it.....  first time ive been to that venue since they were at the mills.    really  no A/C    miserable show and miserable heat..

I would say I am not going back...but im a junkie   ill go again......  guns   its an illness   but I love it
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 2:39:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

IMO it was a great show when it was at Expo Mart in Monroeville and Greengate  & Westmoreland Malls in Greensburg.

I never went to the skating rink, Pittsburgh Mills Mall or North Hills and I probably won't go to Butler. I haven't heard one positive thing about them at that venue.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember the shows that PGCA did years back in the 99-2001 era when they were housed in the old Greengate mall (an old Montgomery Wards building IIRC). That show was epic.

Link Posted: 9/18/2016 9:33:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I remember the shows that PGCA did years back in the 99-2001 era when they were housed in the old Greengate mall (an old Montgomery Wards building IIRC). That show was epic.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup I thought so too.

Do you remember the commercials for the Pittsburgh Gun Task Force around that time? With the scary music encouraging you to call the hotline if you "see somthing".

IIRC the Allegheny Co Sportsmans League sued the city and it was found the Force was illegal for various reasons.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top