Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2016 12:09:33 AM EDT
What is the current state of long ranges (200y or greater) within an hour of Philly? Best I can tell LRGC is the only option at 200yards and the hoops to jump through for membership are worse than NFA.

Are there any other options for longer ranges less than 2 hours out?
Link Posted: 2/22/2013 10:57:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 11:41:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Might be a bit longer of a drive, but I think New Holland Rod and Gun has a 5 or 600 yard range.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 3:34:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

What is the current state of long ranges (200y or greater) within an hour of Philly? Best I can tell LRGC is the only option at 200yards and the hoops to jump through for membership are worse than NFA.

Are there any other options for longer ranges less than 2 hours out?
View Quote

Hoops to jump through? Did we change our application process?

Obviously 200 at LRGC. I believe it's 600 at New Holland. And a little farther than that is Bridgeville Rifle and Pistol Club (Delaware) at 1000yds.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 8:18:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
  Hoops to jump through? Did we change our application process?
View Quote

- Membership is full so waiting list.
- Applications are accepted one week per month.
- Requires a sponsor.
- Sponsor has to attend the same meeting.
- Relatively high application fee.
- Relatively high member dues (this I don't have a problem with.)
- Work hours requirement.

Point being it's a lot of hoops for someone who just wants to go out and shoot on occasion. LRGC isn't alone in this by any means though.

I'll check out New Holland, 600 would be great.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 8:29:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Penn-Dutch Sportsmen Club 7 yds to 400 yds...

About 1/2 way between PA 322 & PA 340 at Blue Ball - that's worth the trip just to say you have been there

Link Posted: 9/4/2016 8:51:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm a member at New Holland. It's a 700 yard range now. And there is a wait list.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 11:27:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Penn Dutch actually looks like a great option. Thanks for that! I might do that in the mean time (doesn't look like they have a wait list) and then put in for the wait list for New Holland.

Thanks for the help guys.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 1:55:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Im on the wait list for NHRG club since March. Expect a year + wait. It's worth the high initiation fee IMO considering all they offer and that's news to me that the 600 range now goes out to 700. On top of that its hard to beat it since it's only an hr from philly. While I'm waiting to become a me ever I came across a thread on PAFOA and here's a couple of good suggestions from members there within about an hour from philly and the dues are cheap.

http://ontelaunee.org/pistol-rifle-range-information/

http://www.universityrifle.org/Regulations.html
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 7:58:55 AM EDT
[#9]
While you wait on the NHRPC list, University, as stated.  They are in open membership and are friendly to tactical shooting, 50BMG, and during selected supervised shoots there is sometimes a full auto.  

They just cleared out to 500Y and are going all the way to 600 for steel targs on the hill behind the 300Y pit area.  

They already run 3-gun matches and I'm running an experimental branch of the DMR matches there this Sunday.

Trying out a newly created class - RECCE.   This is distinct from DMR in that a RECCE must have:

1 - Barrel under 18"

2 - Optic no greater than 6x.

3 - No bipod or forward support.

I'm thinking this will let most people with an accurate 16" gun or 3gun rig come out and have some fun & get some good practice.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top