Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2016 9:44:17 PM EDT
The more austere/primitive the better.

Planning a 2 or 3 day end of summer getaway with the girlfriend.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 6:50:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 1:05:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Cook forest has cabins themselves I stayed in one with my girlfriend (now wife) 12 years ago.

It had a bed a table and two chairs.  doesn't get much more primitive then that.

no running water, but did have electric.  

we wanted some privacy

Rent from the DCNR Looks like they have a updated a lot of them in the last 12 years.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 1:34:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Can't recommend anywhere because I have "the hook up" and have never had to rent in Cook Forest.

Regardless, you will have a great time.

You planning on just hanging around the cabin or venturing out?

There was another thread on here (Pennsylvania section) recently that will highlight a lot of the local things to do.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 2:33:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can't recommend anywhere because I have "the hook up" and have never had to rent in Cook Forest.

Regardless, you will have a great time.

You planning on just hanging around the cabin or venturing out?

There was another thread on here (Pennsylvania section) recently that will highlight a lot of the local things to do.
View Quote

Planning on hiking for a day, a canoe trip for day 2 and hitting up some tourist trap places after checking out but before heading home.

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 2:37:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Do you know how far of a canoe trip you're taking?
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 3:55:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you know how far of a canoe trip you're taking?
View Quote

10 mile day trip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top