Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2016 12:56:40 AM EDT
Finally getting out of Philly (aka Philujah)

Moving up to the western Bucks/Montco border in a few weeks.  Nice quiet neighborhood, yard for the kids, room to breathe without having to constantly watch my 6 (I hope).

I spent a brief stint in Perkasie about 9 years ago, didn't get to do much exploring/familiarization then. Basically moved up there just before meeting my now wife and spent most of the time either at work or down here at her place.

So what are some things/places I should check out?

Costco, BJ's or Sam's Club? (Sammich maker wants to know for stocking the pantry and neckbearding TP)

Best place to order take out?  Best place to dine out? (Already a fan of JT Bankers and The Perk...  How's Beef & Ale?)

Local small game/deer hot spots? (Deer hunt locally would probably be limited to flintlock and maybe winter bow, I go upstate for muzzleloader and rifle.)

Any LGS recommendations? (I usually shop Tanner's in Jamison, which near work, but wouldn't mind a local spot for ammo runs or impulse buys)

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:37:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm living in Perkasie now and love the area.  We looked at a few houses in Telford when we were house hunting.  It's a nice area, but there is a section 8 development on reliance rd that was a big turn off for us- I found out about it while working in the township.  Closest BJs would be Quakertown or the new one in Montgomeryville.  Gotta love the Perk for an amazing and cheap meal, but we also had a good meal at Caruso's in Souderton.  We've also heard good things about Jake's BBQ and The Local, but have yet to confirm.  

I rifle hunt upstate but want to get into archery so I can get out more..... Still on the hunt for some local hunting grounds though, apparently they're hard to come by.

You already mentioned Tanner's (my usual go-to since I work in Warminster), but looking for something closer I'd recommend Target World in New Britain- they're a little pricier than Tanner's, but they're good people and have an indoor range.  I haven't found any other ones local yet.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 11:17:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Moving up to the western Bucks/Montco border in a few weeks.  Nice quiet neighborhood, yard for the kids, room to breathe without having to constantly watch my 6 (I hope).

I spent a brief stint in Perkasie about 9 years ago, didn't get to do much exploring/familiarization then. Basically moved up there just before meeting my now wife and spent most of the time either at work or down here at her place.

Costco, BJ's or Sam's Club? (Sammich maker wants to know for stocking the pantry and neckbearding TP)

Best place to order take out?  Best place to dine out? (Already a fan of JT Bankers and The Perk...  How's Beef & Ale?)

Local small game/deer hot spots? (Deer hunt locally would probably be limited to flintlock and maybe winter bow, I go upstate for muzzleloader and rifle.)

Any LGS recommendations? (I usually shop Tanner's in Jamison, which near work, but wouldn't mind a local spot for ammo runs or impulse buys)

View Quote

I'm close to Telford.  Costco and Wegman's are in Montgomeryville.  However, I go alot to Assi (korean supermarket on Welsh Rd near Wegmans), it's really a great place.

Restaurants in your area: One of the best places is Vietname Cafe in Telford.  Hands down best Vietnamese Pho I've had in Phila area.  They grow their own herbs and veggies in the back of the restaurant near the train tracks in a makeshift greenhouse that you'd expect to find in rural SE Asia.  Another good place is a new Chinese place, Noodle 88 in Souderton.  Really good.  There's a good mexican place in Souderton, can't think of the name atm.  

I hunt on my own 60 acre property, so can't help you with hunting spots in the area.  I do believe you can hunt in Nockamixon State Park.

The area is nice, hope you enjoy it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 10:14:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm close to Telford.  Costco and Wegman's are in Montgomeryville.  However, I go alot to Assi (korean supermarket on Welsh Rd near Wegmans), it's really a great place.

Restaurants in your area: One of the best places is Vietname Cafe in Telford.  Hands down best Vietnamese Pho I've had in Phila area.  They grow their own herbs and veggies in the back of the restaurant near the train tracks in a makeshift greenhouse that you'd expect to find in rural SE Asia.  Another good place is a new Chinese place, Noodle 88 in Souderton.  Really good.  There's a good mexican place in Souderton, can't think of the name atm.  

I hunt on my own 60 acre property, so can't help you with hunting spots in the area.  I do believe you can hunt in Nockamixon State Park.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for mentioning the Vietnam Cafe.  We've been looking for a place to get Pho since we moved up here.  We'll have to give them a try since we're going to be getting into soup weather soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top