Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2016 7:40:06 AM EDT
It never used to be this many, i swear on the turnpike or on any other major highway in SE PA that one in four cars is out of state. Anyone else noticing this?

Lots of MD, NJ, and NY, but quite a few FL plates too.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 9:34:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Try living and working around Hershey. Touron season never ends.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 10:56:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I was going to say its vacation season.  Between Hershey, Lancaster, Poconos and much more.  They're all left-lane campers, too, and making me quite the grumpy bastard...  
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 11:11:41 AM EDT
[#3]
go to Florida if you want to see tons of out of state license plates...LOL
its everywhere dude... people do leave the states they live in for many reasons.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 9:43:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Try 80 eastbound around Tannersville on a Sunday afternoon.  3 out of 4 are NY/NJ
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 11:24:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Try 80 eastbound around Tannersville on a Sunday afternoon.  3 out of 4 are NY/NJ
View Quote

Yes they are trying to escape communist rule.. Hopefully they will not take that communist view if they do move.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 2:47:55 PM EDT
[#6]
yeah hershey is a shit show.
stopping to take pix of the kiss shaped street lights.
dicking around stop lights on hp drive taking pix of cows, yes they were taking pix of cows.
they camp out in left lanes, and the left lanes end, they try to merge from left turn lanes.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 7:05:45 PM EDT
[#7]
hmmm, seems so much worse than tourist season than I remember. Maybe its just that I drive towards Lancaster more now.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 8:31:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
hmmm, seems so much worse than tourist season than I remember. Maybe its just that I drive towards Lancaster more now.
View Quote

There's your problem.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 8:27:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Seeing a lot of NY and NJ plates in the Skook. 3 large prisons don't help matters as well as the drug trade.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 10:04:26 AM EDT
[#10]
A lot of them are rental cars.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 12:06:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I do, it sucks and tourist season can't be over soon enough.

Quoted:

Yes I would say 30% are, everytime I pass one it has dotted tires or a sticker from the rental company.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 1:22:01 PM EDT
[#12]
nobody is complaining about the money it brings in.....who cares really. maybe their states suck ?
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 2:01:30 PM EDT
[#13]
It's mainly from gas well workers and their equipment, lots of out of state cats in SW PA as well the past few years since the wells fired up.

Link Posted: 7/23/2016 8:21:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Last weekend I saw a Montana license plate on a Lamborghini near Downtown York.
I would surely like to know the story behind both the car and how it got here....
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 10:36:59 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm 10 minutes from the NJ border.. doesn't matter if I head up to stroudsburg or over to easton/allentown I always see a lot of NY/NJ plates.. NY more so when traveling up to Monroe county..
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:26:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I would surely like to know the story behind both the car and how it got here....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lots of the wealthy with exotic vehicles register them in a ghost company in a different state to avoid inspection/taxes/etc.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top