Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2016 10:16:05 PM EDT
Coming to the Fogelsville/Allentown are to shoot a 3 man team match this weekend. I wanted to know if there were any dining recommendations/interesting places to go?
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 1:03:55 AM EDT
[#1]
For really good food, try Rue 187 in Emmaus or Bolete in Bethlehem.  Both are excellent (and especially with Bolete, you should call for a reservation).

Interesting places to go - Sarco in Easton.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 8:12:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Coming to the Fogelsville/Allentown are to shoot a 3 man team match this weekend. I wanted to know if there were any dining recommendations/interesting places to go?
View Quote

I'll be at that match too.  Cabelas is in Hamburg, which is only about 20 minutes West of Fogelsville if you are looking to pass time.  There are a few chain restaurants at that location as well (Logan's steakhouse, cracker barrel, red robin).  

There is a cool little cliff off of 61 just past Cabelas that one can go cliff-jumping at.  Park on Blue Mountain Road and swim across the creek to get to the cliffs.  The Appalachian trail happens to cross right there too.  But after a long match I'm guessing there might not be enough gas left in the tank for cliff jumping.  If you switch to the satellite view on google it is actually labeled as "peace rock".  

Good luck at the match.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 10:10:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'll be at that match too.  Cabelas is in Hamburg, which is only about 20 minutes West of Fogelsville if you are looking to pass time.  There are a few chain restaurants at that location as well (Logan's steakhouse, cracker barrel, red robin).  

There is a cool little cliff off of 61 just past Cabelas that one can go cliff-jumping at.  Park on Blue Mountain Road and swim across the creek to get to the cliffs.  The Appalachian trail happens to cross right there too.  But after a long match I'm guessing there might not be enough gas left in the tank for cliff jumping.  If you switch to the satellite view on google it is actually labeled as "peace rock".  

Good luck at the match.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck at the match.

Thanks for the great suggestions. I don't think I see cliff diving in my future though. Good luck to your team in the match also.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:31:34 AM EDT
[#4]
What type of food are you looking for? Just good gastropub stuff or something more high end?

Good suggestions on restaurants so far. I would also add:

High end:
Grille 3501 (closest best restarunt to Foglesville)
Tre Scalini  (Bethlehem, best Italian in the Lehigh Valley, BYOB)
Apollo Grille (Bethlehem)

Casual:
Thai Avenue (not much to look at, but great Thai food, BYOB with a liquor store next door)
Old School Deli (best sandwiches on this side of allentown, lunch spot only)

On the things to do list:
I will second SARCO in Easton.
Cabelas
America on Wheels museum (if you are into older cars)
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:40:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What type of food are you looking for? Just good gastropub stuff or something more high end?

Good suggestions on restaurants so far. I would also add:

High end:
Grille 3501 (closest best restarunt to Foglesville)
Tre Scalini  (Bethlehem, best Italian in the Lehigh Valley, BYOB)
Apollo Grille (Bethlehem)

Casual:
Thai Avenue (not much to look at, but great Thai food, BYOB with a liquor store next door)
Old School Deli (best sandwiches on this side of allentown, lunch spot only)

On the things to do list:
I will second SARCO in Easton.
Cabelas
America on Wheels museum (if you are into older cars)
View Quote

Probably looking for casual restaurants. Thanks for the great suggestions.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 11:00:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Cali Burrito - Mexican
Thai Avenue -Thai
Bamboo - Sushi and Chinese
Grille 3501
The Burgery Company
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 5:00:57 PM EDT
[#7]
If you are looking for a Burgers and Brew type place, Allentown Brewworks is not bad either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top