Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2016 4:02:00 PM EDT
Place is scary. Gangs, Shootings, Robbery.

Not even a major city and it is being filmed in.

http://standardspeaker.com/news/national-tv-show-to-film-in-hazleton-1.2045700
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 4:17:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Rough coal country area. I used to go to softball tournaments every year and thought it was pretty bad in the late 90s.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:44:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Is The Battered Mug still open? I've only been there once and it was years ago.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 3:10:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is The Battered Mug still open? I've only been there once and it was years ago.
View Quote

No clue. I live down in New Ringgold, I try to not go to Hazelton at all unless I am going to Harry's but even then is rare because Zaprazny's is a 3 mile drive.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 1:59:09 PM EDT
[#4]
LOL Have fun with that. Hazleton is a shithole x2. A Pocono Country Place in Tobyhanna is even worse.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 4:45:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you talking Chester, PA shit hole?  Can't believe any place in PA is as bad (outside the ghettos of Phila) as Chester, PA.

I always think of Hazleton as a hard working blue collar coal town with proud tough families.  I guess I am thinking wrong!!
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 5:33:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Hazelton is a shit hole. Lot's of hispanics have moved in, lots of crime, lots of shootings or shots fired calls, etc. You couldn't pay me to live in Hazelton.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 12:12:09 PM EDT
[#7]
All thanks to that Priest/Reverend, whatever, importing them in. The trash from there is now spilling out into other towns.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 5:41:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Used to do business with a company up there, Hazelton Pumps. Probably made some of the best slurry pumps in the business, they shut down their factory and foundry and moved it to Madison, WI. What a shame what these small towns have become.

Over run with TRASH. Towns that used to be nice places to raise a family and live the American dream are now a cesspool.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 2:38:48 AM EDT
[#9]
The whole hard coal region in Pa. is turning into a shithole. Kids move away because not much in the way of jobs.
Parents die and leave the house to them. Kids want nothing to do with it so they unload it cheap to people who turn it
into Section 8 housing. In come the roaches following 'daddy' who is in one of the local state or federal stoney lonesomes.
Happening in The Skook now. Most of Minersvilles main drag is lined with Sec 8 housing. Sad to see what a once proud area has become.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top