Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2016 4:17:02 PM EDT
From Rep. Daryl Metcalfe:

This month’s Metcalfe Minute provides information on the rapidly approaching Rally to Protect Your Right to Keep and Bear Arms on Tuesday, May 24.
Beginning at 10 a.m. in the state Capitol rotunda
I invite you to join with me and hundreds of other pro-Second Amendment citizens from across the state to send a clear message to all levels of government that our God-given, Constitutional right to keep and bear arms shall not be questioned.
For more information and a downloadable flier, visit http://www.RepMetcalfe.com
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 4:25:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I went to this last year and wish there were far more people there to represent us. Consider taking a day and coming out to support your rights.

This has been an annual event and we need to make our voices heard. Anti-gunners were just out in force a few days ago, advocating FOR gun grabbing bills. We need to counter that.
Rep. Metcalfe asks that you wear your read, white and blue in a patriotic display of your Second Amendment support.

2A Rally Flier- Stop the Wolf
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 7:28:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll be there along with Joshua Prince.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 8:50:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Greetings,

Just to remind everyone; we REALLY need you to come out! Last year was an awful showing that left me embarrassed! There was some doubt if the event would even be held again. PA is in the top ranking of gun owners, hunters, CCL (PALTCF) holders, etc. Lets's show our commitment to our rights and keep our legislators honest (at least as much as possible) and hold them accountable for their votes. There are currently several dozen house and senate bills that would adversely affect our rights and about the same number that would enhance them. If we don't let our house and senate members know where we stand, they aren't going to be working to get our legislation passed and WILL be working to get the Anti rights bills passed. Guess who tends to be the loudest voice (see prior post)?

So, PLEASE, burn a vacation day or whatever you need to do to come out and support our cause. If things go south on us, it's our own fault and there is much at stake this legislative session.

PA Constitution Article 1, Sec 21: The right of the people to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state SHALL NOT BE QUESTIONED!

Regards, Jim
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 8:51:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow, only 2 responses. That's sad, people.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 9:04:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow, only 2 responses. That's sad, people.
View Quote

Agreed. I've been putting it in the newsletter at the shop for the last month or so.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 9:01:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll be there. I post primarily at PAFOA, so didn't see this thread until now.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 8:59:05 AM EDT
[#7]
I work very near by but have another obligation that morning.  Otherwise I'd come see what's up.  After you're done come stop by Appalachian Brewing Company for a beer (we have free parking).

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 3:52:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I was 100 percent planning on attending, even pushing off clients enrollment meetings. And then last night my wife got in an accident. She isn't too bad, but right now I'd say it is a 50/50 chance I'll make it.

I will know Monday for sure.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 4:46:49 PM EDT
[#9]
What's really FUN is that Gun Grabbing Casey's Harrisburg office is just a short walk away.
What say that After the meeting we all go to to Hiz office and explain that he is supposed to Represent the State of Pennsylvania and neither New York or California.

Oh, yeah: HIS definition of "Commonsense Gun Regulation" doesn't agree with his alleged support of the Second Amendment.  I'd like to yell Bulldeposit with several others in his office.  To kindly explain that if a small number of Registered voters are This Angry with him, how many others are even angrier and aren't showing up.

Harrisburg Office
200 N Third St, Suite 14A
Harrisburg, PA 17101

Sucker:

Gun violence is a substantial challenge that impacts families throughout our nation and in Pennsylvania. Every single day vulnerable children become the victims of gun violence. It's unacceptable. We know that we can't eliminate every act of gun violence, but there are commonsense steps that we can take to measurably reduce the likelihood of instances of gun violence.

It's been 41 months since the Sandy Hook shooting. The horror of Sandy Hook changed the way I view our nation's policies on guns. I believe we need to take five basic steps: ban military-style weapons, limit the sizes of clips and magazines to reduce the ability of those who would commit gun violence to fire large numbers of bullets in rapid succession, require background checks for gun purchases, prevent those on the terror watch list from purchasing firearms and invest in quality mental health treatment for those who need it.

I keep a newspaper page with pictures of the Sandy Hook children on my desk in my Senate office. It’s a daily reminder of what our nation must do not only to honor their young lives, but also to ensure we protect children from such horrific acts of gun violence.

How many school shootings will it take until Congress realizes enough is enough?

I’m calling on Congress to take immediate action to pass commonsense gun safety measures – because not one more day should go by with our children and communities at risk of gun violence. And I need you standing with me:

Click here to tell Congress it’s time to prioritize commonsense gun safety measures and protect Americans from gun violence.

As a strong supporter of the Second Amendment, I believe we can preserve our right to own guns for self-protection, hunting and sport while also taking steps to significantly increase safety in communities in Pennsylvania and around the nation.

It's wrong for Congress to stand on the sidelines as gun violence continues to take the lives of children and families in our communities. Will you join me by urging Congress to take action on these measures?

Add your name to tell Congress: Take action to reduce gun violence and keep our families safe.

Thank you,

Bob
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 12:49:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Casey is a piece of shit gun grabber. NO "strong supporter of the Second Amendment" would be for banning anything.

On the contrary, they would be fighting to gain back what we have lost. (Hughes, NFA, GCA '68)
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:35:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Greetings,

No argument on Casey; I'd be happy to join the walk to his office! The more significant issue is the upcoming election between (semi-turncoat) Toomey and (total gun grabber) McGinty. Though Toomey stabbed us in the back with the UBC/Manchin bill and has cozied up with the anti side in some recent adverts, he has actually supported a few our our bills (National CC reciprocity and some others). There are a lot of our side REALLY pissed at him, but voting D out of spite or not voting at all is not going to bode well for us holding onto the US Senate.  So, more of the usual "lesser of the evils". Hope to see and meet plenty of you all there Tuesday!

Regards, Jim
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:38:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Greetings,

Prayers for your wifes' improvement. Hope you can make it, but there are some things even more important than 2A.

Regards, Jim

Quoted:
I was 100 percent planning on attending, even pushing off clients enrollment meetings. And then last night my wife got in an accident. She isn't too bad, but right now I'd say it is a 50/50 chance I'll make it.

I will know Monday for sure.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 8:09:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll see you guys tomorrow. I'll probably be wearing a gray suit with a blue M16 tie. I'll be near Joshua Prince. Come say hi!
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:30:43 AM EDT
[#14]
For those like me that couldn't make it to the rally today, it is live streaming at http://www.repsonney.com/Default.aspx?m=t
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:35:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Huge turnout. Unlike CeaseFire PA I don't need to crop my photos.

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:41:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Greetings,

I was hoping to hook up with you, but had to run as soon as the rally was over to meet with my Rep (who now has co-sponsored 100% of the FOAC presented bills). Josh did a great speech (actually they all did)! Goes to show how much work we have yet to do to get our bills out of committee, etc. and onto a veto proof vote. Would like to discuss this with you; perhaps PAFOA PA Law section is a better venue? Give me a shout here or there. Thanks!

Regards, Jim

PS.....................any guess on head count today?

PSS................sorry, should have been a PM!

Quoted:
I'll see you guys tomorrow. I'll probably be wearing a gray suit with a blue M16 tie. I'll be near Joshua Prince. Come say hi!
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top