Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2016 6:28:56 PM EDT
Looking to pick up a suppressor before the new rules go into affect in July.  Which dealers have the best pricing on transfers (likely going to purchase out of state and transfer through a local dealer) for suppressors or ones that have competitive prices for in-stock suppressors?
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 7:43:05 PM EDT
[#1]
A little out of the way for you, but I use Shanor Supplies in Butler. They are usually at local gun shows as well. He's done two suppressor transfers for me and I've been happy with my experience there.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 8:30:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Bear Paw Arms has a good selection in stock, as does Ace Sporting Goods.    I've had good experiences with both CDS Arms and Roberts Firearms, as well.

I think both Bearpaw and Roberts are "Powered by Silencershop" dealers, as well.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 9:56:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Ace is a fun shop to visit and right in the OP's AO. Great selection of toys, lots of reloading supplies last I was there too.

I had one experience with Bear Paw. I'm not going to call it a bad experience, but one thing kind of pissed me off so I never used them for transfers again. That said it was probably 6-7 years ago now and I suppose there's a statute of limitations on those things. Basically I had an item I bought from an out of state vendor shipped there to transfer, and instead of putting it in his safe and leaving it there, I discovered he was trucking it around to gun shows and putting it in his display case as a sample.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 11:20:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Bear Paw has a used Saker 556 for $600, but no mounts.

How angry are you?   :-)
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 11:46:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bear Paw has a used Saker 556 for $600, but no mounts.

How angry are you?   :-)
View Quote

I don't hold ill will toward the guy, especially after this long, but if someone asks for opinions on local dealers I don't hesitate to share that experience.

Kind of funny, just yesterday I was wishing I had a 5.56 can, but I'm looking at making some major financial commitments soon and a new suppressor is not in the cards any time in the near future.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 10:38:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I considered grabbing it myself, but I'm waiting on a 308 omega and already have the 556 end cap :-)
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 6:41:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the thoughts and feedback fellas.  With ACE being nearby, I'll drop by and see what they have in stock.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 9:57:18 AM EDT
[#8]
JMC Defense in McMurray. Jordan will give you a square deal.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 9:01:19 PM EDT
[#9]

JMC

Ace will rape you on everything.

Link Posted: 4/15/2016 9:22:40 PM EDT
[#10]

I dunno what this guy charges, but I have done business with him in the past.

Ask for Tom.

Link Posted: 4/15/2016 9:25:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't hold back and tell us how you really feel about Ace?
BTW, JMC doesn't hold any inventory.  It's a race to the finish line for Trust folks right now.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 10:17:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

BTW, JMC doesn't hold any inventory.  It's a race to the finish line for Trust folks right now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

you said you wanted transfers.

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 2:56:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Ask for Tom.

http://www.pfrognersfirearms.com/index.html

View Quote

Tom and Mary are good people. I don't know what he charges for transfers but he's more than fair in all other aspects.  You couldn't pay me to use Ace's.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 7:46:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Tom and Mary are good people. I don't know what he charges for transfers but he's more than fair in all other aspects.  You couldn't pay me to use Ace's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ask for Tom.

http://www.pfrognersfirearms.com/index.html

ding ding.

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 10:41:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Can't help with a dealer that far west, but when shopping and comparing prices keep in mind the differences in "fees" between sites, make sure your comparing apples to apples.

Buy direct from local dealer:  No transfer Fee but 6% sales tax.    
Online from most of the major shops:  Transfer Fee, but no sales tax. Shipping may be free or an additional fee depending on site.
Silencershop "Powered By" Dealer:  No transfer fee and no sales tax, free shipping.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:18:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The OP didn't ask if anyone held inventory. He asked who handles transfers, so you reply is effectively irrelevant.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 11:42:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
The OP didn't ask if anyone held inventory. He asked who handles transfers, so you reply is effectively irrelevant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He is the OP.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 6:14:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Hmm must've read too fast.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:50:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Maybe the guy will revisit this thread and tell us how it turned out.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:47:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Ask me in 3 months

Seriously, my intent was to pick up another suppressor before the new trust rules take affect; mainly because of the  PITA factor.  I realized after my initial post, that buying online and waiting for the Form 3 to process before submitting the Form 4 (at my local FFL) could potentially push me beyond the deadline for the new rules.  Therefore I needed to find a FFL that had inventory to submit a Form 4 against immediately.  

It's pretty much a universal constant (rule) that if you're in a hurry you'll pay more.  This I accept, can't fight the universe or city hall (as a previous mentor told me)

Thanks again for the feedback/suggestions.  Let's see how this story ends....
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:03:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Give a call to Roberts Firearms and CDS Arms.    Both usually have something in stock, and are small one-man shops.   Both good people.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:05:01 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Ask me in 3 months

Seriously, my intent was to pick up another suppressor before the new trust rules take affect; mainly because of the  PITA factor.  I realized after my initial post, that buying online and waiting for the Form 3 to process before submitting the Form 4 (at my local FFL) could potentially push me beyond the deadline for the new rules.  Therefore I needed to find a FFL that had inventory to submit a Form 4 against immediately.  

It's pretty much a universal constant (rule) that if you're in a hurry you'll pay more.  This I accept, can't fight the universe or city hall (as a previous mentor told me)

Thanks again for the feedback/suggestions.  Let's see how this story ends....
View Quote
I know Pittsburgh tactical can order a can and get the serial number before it ships to them to start the process. They had a couple can still on the shelf as well. Of you're just doing the transfer check out "A-advantage truck and trailer" in glenshaw. No personal experience but I have heard good things.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 4:18:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Ditto JMC Defense and ditto Ace as a bad deal
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 6:07:32 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Ditto JMC Defense and ditto Ace as a bad deal
View Quote
hush your mouth about Ace..... what if somebody heard you?   He already bought this thing.  his post about it is vague.

Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:09:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Ace sucks more canal water than U could imagine.    Will never buy Anything there again...ever !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top