Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2016 12:17:58 PM EDT

There will be 3 opportunities this year to join the club. All are in February.  Please see the website if you are interested.

The application process is easy, but we do require you to put forth some effort to be accepted as a member.  We do not want jagoffs and this is why the club has chosen this process.

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 8:00:43 AM EDT
[#1]
This Sunday is the first sign up day.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 3:34:09 PM EDT
[#2]

We had 65 applicants today.

Did anyone here apply?

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:29:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn't apply but checked out your clubs requirements out of curiosity.

I wish all clubs, especially the ones I'm a member at, took these simple precautions to screen potential members.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:54:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I wish all clubs, especially the ones I'm a member at, took these simple precautions to screen potential members.

View Quote

we used to just let anyone in. Then around 2010 so many new shooters started joining in droves. I'm talking 50 a month and 1/4 of them were assholes.  They would come out and spray n prey the ranges, leave shit everywhere, shoot at bowling balls and computer screens and leave it there, shoot the target frames in half, do AR and AK mag dumps on our pistol only range, etc. etc.  Most have been caught and kicked out.

Now we do this, and have found that the ones who participate and have skin in the game, actually want to belong to our organization and want it to be great.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:30:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
we used to just let anyone in. Then around 2010 so many new shooters started joining in droves. I'm talking 50 a month and 1/4 of them were assholes.  They would come out and spray n prey the ranges, leave shit everywhere, shoot at bowling balls and computer screens and leave it there, shoot the target frames in half, do AR and AK mag dumps on our pistol only range, etc. etc.  Most have been caught and kicked out.

Now we do this, and have found that the ones who participate and have skin in the game, actually want to belong to our organization and want it to be great

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now we do this, and have found that the ones who participate and have skin in the game, actually want to belong to our organization and want it to be great

Same situation at my club after the political climate brought a lot of new shooters. It was bad.

The officers drug their feet when it came to enforcing rules, because it's easier to talk tough than actually taking care of the problem, and there were a lot of friends and family were the new shooters doing the dirty.

Myself and a few other members said enforce the rules or absolutely no more help with anything.  Go ask that group to volunteer their time.

That was all it took to clean up the membership.

I also recommended a screening process and an increase in dues to $100 or so a year, but that went nowhere.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:51:08 PM EDT
[#6]

dues are the same as always. $75  It takes a lot of manpower to screen. Today we had 8 teams of two interviewing 1 at a time for about 15-20 minutes each. Then there was the induction chairman and 4 more guys helping sign in, prescreen and collect paperwork afterwards. So that's 20 men and women who want the club to be a better place and are willing to blow 3 Sunday mornings in Feb to do it.  Cant do that every month, so that's why we only do it once a year.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:17:09 PM EDT
[#7]
So, how would someone moving from out of state, not knowing anyone, obtain a sponsor?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:16:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

So, how would someone moving from out of state, not knowing anyone, obtain a sponsor?
View Quote
Show up and meet one.

You will be given the opportunity to meet tons of people during the process and two will sponsor you.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:50:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Show up and meet one.  

You will be given the opportunity to meet tons of people during the process and two will sponsor you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Show up and meet one.  

Unfortunately, I don't think we will be up there until late March.   I'll have to set a reminder for next feb.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:54:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Unfortunately, I don't think we will be up there until late March.   I'll have to set a reminder for next feb.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Show up and meet one.  

Pm me.. If u need advice on clubs in this area... Or general info.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 2:20:33 PM EDT
[#11]
I think I will come check it out this Sunday.    I am already a member at Clairton, but I would like to see what Dormont - Mt Lebo has to offer.  I ride by the place all the time on my Harley.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:30:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think I will come check it out this Sunday.    I am already a member at Clairton, but I would like to see what Dormont - Mt Lebo has to offer.  I ride by the place all the time on my Harley.
View Quote

It's a nice place... the way they do it keeps most assholes out. Its safe and I feel good about taking my kids there....
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 6:48:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Ditto what OverScoped says about meeting people. There has never been a situation where someone did not get in because they were unable to get sponsors.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:09:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Second interview session is tomorrow starting at 8AM.  

See website for details.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:11:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Final interview session for the entire year is this Sunday, Feb 28th.

See link in OP for details.

Link Posted: 2/28/2016 5:49:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Well this morning we interviewed around 65 applicants.

Chime in if any of you were there.

Link Posted: 3/1/2016 6:54:44 PM EDT
[#17]
It is over, charter is closed again
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 7:50:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

It is over, charter is closed again
View Quote
Perhaps Permanently.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top