Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2015 12:52:14 PM EDT
I need to visit PA and I will need to carry a handgun.  I have a resident permit in SC and a non-resident permit in FLA - where can I read CURRENT PA reciprocity?  Further, I also believe I can carry open anywhere other than Shitadelphia?  Is this true?

Thanks for any help!
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:59:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Here you go...

PAFOA Reciprocity Map
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 7:50:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Also PA gives reciprocity to ANY permit for the purposes of carrying within a vehicle. By Pa law, any carry within a vehicle is considered concealed, so you need a permit.

Even with no reciprocity you can carry concealed or open in a vehicle with your SC permit, and open outside the vehicle as long as you avoid Philadelphia.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 1:02:54 PM EDT
[#3]
better source
http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/pennsylvania.pdf

RV/Car Carry Without a Permit/License
From the PA State Police FAQs.
Are there exceptions to carrying a firearm without a Pennsylvania License to Carry?
A License to Carry Firearms is issued to carry a firearm concealed on one’s person or in a vehicle within this
Commonwealth. Any person who carries a firearm concealed on or about his person except in his place of
abode or fixed place of business without a valid and lawfully issued license commits a felony of the third
degree.
A person who is otherwise eligible to possess a valid license under this chapter but carries a firearm in any
vehicle or any person who carries a firearm concealed on or about his person, except in his place of abode or
fixed place of business, without a valid and lawfully issued license and has not committed any other criminal
violation commits a misdemeanor of the first degree.
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top