Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2015 9:12:23 AM EDT
Does anyone have experience with McCabe Custom Leather near Altoona? I ordered an ankle holster on May 29th and was told it would ship around July 1. I called them in mid July and was told it would be early August. I called mid August and was told it would be shipped that week. I still don't have my holster. At this point I would just like my money back, but they won't even return my phone calls or emails...

Are they even still in business?

They sound like a small shop and if they a halfway decent reason for the delay or lack of communication (family emergency or health issues), I would understand.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 11:45:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Are they still answering your calls?

If so I guess you have asked for an honest answer...

Have you asked for a refund?

According to their Website it could be 2 weeks after the Ship Date you receive...

I also noted that they have added shoe repair, so maybe they're swamped with bad shoes

Still, I would call them again and see if you can get a straight answer.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 2:50:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I have tried calling at least 15 times. They won't pick up the phone and won't return messages.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 8:39:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I see, time for a road trip - lots to do and see out that way
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 2:47:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I've heard great things about them and my Vet has a few of their holsters and raves about them.

If I am near the shop today or tomorrow I will stop in and ask them what the heck is up. I had them do some work on some Danner boots a few weeks back and they kicked ass.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 8:00:24 PM EDT
[#5]
They shipped it today!!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:11:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Sweet!  I won't bug them today when I stop by.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top