Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2015 7:03:30 AM EDT
3 DAY SHOW
CHECK EAGLE SHOWS ONLINE FOR A BUCK OFF COUPON. FRIDAY SATURDAY AND SUNDAY.
IF YOU SEE A REAL GOOD LOOKING GUY WITH A BLACK LAB STOP BY AND SAY HELLO, THEN BUY SOME OF MY JUNK.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 9:46:36 AM EDT
[#1]
what type of junk are ya selling?  Thought about making the short drive over.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:18:07 AM EDT
[#2]
How is the show?.  I am hearing the usual:  lots of people, high prices.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 12:16:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How is the show?.  I am hearing the usual:  lots of people, high prices.
View Quote

That's why I stopped going... Anything new is marked up over MSRP.  Lot's of girlfriends doing paperwork...

The used selection is laughable at best, but I did manage to score a fair deal on two extremely lightly used flintlocks there 2-3 years ago..

Went a few more times after that and got tired of the derp from behind the tables and prices that were 20%-30% higher than my LGS.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 6:31:26 PM EDT
[#4]
there not what they use to be
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:45:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Guess you could not find the big score and then run home, to flip it on GB.  People are a lot more educated these days with the internet.
Quoted:
there not what they use to be
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 7:52:12 AM EDT
[#6]
reloading components are getting stocked better at the shows again.  You don't have to stand in line for an hour to buy powder or primers anymore.  

I'd rather not have to pay a hazmat fee and just pick it up at the local fun show if the price is right.  $27 per 1k of CCI primers is in line with powdervalleyinc.  

Powder is still priced a little high, but when that starts sitting around long enough, hopefully that will come down as well.  I was not paying $200 for 8lbs of bullseye.

Emory - I think I did end up seeing you at your table.  You were with a customer so I kept on walking.  In true AFRCOM fashion I was eating a stick of beef jerky when I finally saw ya.

I didn't end up scoring any deals, mostly paid retail.  If you buy a decent amount from them they usually end up cutting you some sort of deal.  

I think another way to look at it is that you can be supporting local guys in the area.  I saw Trops gun shop there, as well as a few other local places.  Keep on supporting the local places, I'd rather pay an extra $1 for a pmag at a gunshow or local shop than order online.  Your money, your decision.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 1:52:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
reloading components are getting stocked better at the shows again.  You don't have to stand in line for an hour to buy powder or primers anymore.  

I'd rather not have to pay a hazmat fee and just pick it up at the local fun show if the price is right.  $27 per 1k of CCI primers is in line with powdervalleyinc.  

Powder is still priced a little high, but when that starts sitting around long enough, hopefully that will come down as well.  I was not paying $200 for 8lbs of bullseye.

Emory - I think I did end up seeing you at your table.  You were with a customer so I kept on walking.  In true AFRCOM fashion I was eating a stick of beef jerky when I finally saw ya.

I didn't end up scoring any deals, mostly paid retail.  If you buy a decent amount from them they usually end up cutting you some sort of deal.  

I think another way to look at it is that you can be supporting local guys in the area.  I saw Trops gun shop there, as well as a few other local places.  Keep on supporting the local places, I'd rather pay an extra $1 for a pmag at a gunshow or local shop than order online.  Your money, your decision.
View Quote

Did you go visit King Shooters Supply in KOP after? Local fun shop not too far from the show.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 6:16:55 PM EDT
[#8]
i agree, i dont mind paying more to support the local boys.
Emory is one of the good guys for sure. i love loading ammo, i wake up from a dead sleep and my arm
is operating the handle on the Dillon....LOL  

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 3:50:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Did you go visit King Shooters Supply in KOP after? Local fun shop not too far from the show.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

not yet - I live nearby. I have heard a couple guys mention King Shooters supply, one fella even gave me one of their cards.  I'll have to make my way over and check it out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top