Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2015 8:10:09 PM EDT
So, I just got a job in Stroudsburg.  I need information about the area.  Any good ranges or places to shoot?  Finally going to be living in a free state...so any difficulties getting an NFA trust set up?  Also, and this is a big one, how hard is it to find places to live?  I would love a house outside of town.  I've checked Craigslist and found the normal twenty or so sketchy sounding advertisements.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:47:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Stroudsburg and East-burg has been overrun by the minorities.  Schools suck because most of the "families" are on the dole and could give a hoot about it.

Move OUTSIDE the city and you will be good to go.

If you have kids, send them to private school.

Its a shame. I grew up in the poconos and believe its "home" to me and to see it over run by entitlements sickens me.

Dunklebergers is a good sporting goods btw.  The gun guys know their stuff.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 6:32:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Look in the Dingmans Ferry area of Pike county.
Short drive north but a world of difference.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:08:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Dingmans Ferry is where I am at. Easy access to 209 which would get you to your work area. You looking to buy or rent? Also DV school district is pretty solid..
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:19:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Looking to rent right now.  Need to keep it at/under $8-900/month.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:47:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I agree with the above. Live somewhere outside of Stroudsburg.  

Just south of Stroudsburg in Northampton County might be worth a look in addition to the other suggestions.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:57:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I agree with the above. Live somewhere outside of Stroudsburg.  

Just south of Stroudsburg in Northampton County might be worth a look in addition to the other suggestions.
View Quote

I'm just south of Monroe County (Stroudsburg) in Bangor.. I would come check this area out.. Bangor, Roesto, Mt Bethal, Upper Mt Bethal, Pen Argyl, etc.. For shooting you can join EBSA for $25/year ( EBSA ). Takes 15-20 minutes to get to Main St in Stroudsburg from my house.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 10:58:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Looking at places in Bangor.  How bad is the road to Stroudsburg in the Winter?  Does it get plowed quickly?
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 9:25:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Depend how hard and how quick the storm hits. I've taken 191 from Bangor to Stroudsburg in different conditions, its really a crap shoot to me but it seems like the plows are quick but when the conditions are bad its sketchy goin up and down the mountain pass. What do you drive? If you dont have a 4x4 or awd vehicle i would highly sugest one even if only for winter usage.

Edit: stupid cell phone.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 12:57:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Depend how hard and how quick the storm hits. I've taken 191 from Bangor to Stroudsburg in different conditions, its really a crap shoot to me but it seems like the plows are quick but when the conditions are bad its sketchy goin up and down the mountain pass. What do you drive? If you dont have a 4x4 or awd vehicle i would highly sugest one even if only for winter usage.

Edit: stupid cell phone.
View Quote

Drive a AWDMariner.  Thinking about getting some winter tires.  Never needed them before, but I haven't had to commute up and down a steep slope in the snow.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 8:43:36 AM EDT
[#10]
That'll do just fine. Its some steep grade and curves but with decent equipment, patience, and the nut behind the steering wheel adjusted it shouldnt be a problem. If you havent already, look into Roseto. Its the first bigger town just over 191. Wind gap may also be something to look into. Its further west but near Route 33 which will take you into Stroudsburg.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top