Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2015 6:46:10 AM EDT
I am accustomed to being treated as an annoyance or ignored at the local gun shops in the Easton , Allentown , Bethlehem area. It sucks to have sales people act like they are doing you a favor by waiting on you.

I was looking for a Ruger LC9s-Pro and tried the local shops. No one had it in stock so I called around and low and behold Tanners had them in stock and they were friendly on the phone so I made the 1 1/2 hour drive down to Tanners.

OMG what a difference. I was greeted and treated as a valued customer. The salesman took the time to explain the gun to me and brought out a regular LC9s to show the differences between the LC9s and the LC9s-Pro.

I enjoyed the gun buying experience and felt well served. I cannot say that about my purchases at any of my local gun shops.
Tanners was worth the trip and even though it is an hour away I am now calling it my local gun shop.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:41:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I agree.  I have bought 2 guns from them and both times they were very helpful and nice.  I have moved since then and they are now over 5 hours away. A real shame.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 12:18:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I was there once and bought a LH Remington 308. They were super friendly and wish I was closer.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:19:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Tanners is one of the best retail shops in Bucks.
I have a metric f-ton of experience with them- all positive.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:44:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey grouchy - good to see you got fingers still.  

I heard a saddening rumor that they were going to stop handling powder and primers.

Can anyone confirm/deny?

Link Posted: 6/26/2015 3:15:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I love Tanners.
The crews great.  Sometimes they do have a ton of customers there due to whatever special they have at the moment & there could be a wait - but then they are still friendly & helpful when they do get to you.
I send all my transfers to them now since they do not even open the package to see what arrived until you get there - I love that & worth the drive.
I also bought more than a few guns & accessories off them on Gunbroker since their prices could not be beat.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 7:35:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I've spent more money there than my wife can EVER be allowed to know...  Great place.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 8:37:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hey grouchy - good to see you got fingers still.  

I heard a saddening rumor that they were going to stop handling powder and primers.

Can anyone confirm/deny?

View Quote

Grouchy?!
I got your grouchy hanging, flatfoot.
And yeah, I still have my middle finger - it's extended right now and guess what... it's pointed East.

I have not heard anything about a decision to stop carrying primers or powder.
I have been told the former manager, Chris has moved on to other things. I do not know if Ray has replaced him yet.

Are you still sporting the militant Jihadi look?
Better clean yourself up- I still need a keyboard player and I'm worried someone will take a shot at you.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:08:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Love Tanner's. Forgot how many guns I've bought from them. They also did not take advantage during the troubles a few years ago. Always had fair prices on guns and ammo and seemed to have the ability to get ammo when others couldn't.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:40:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Had many positive experiences in Tanners. Not your typical LGS but definitely the model of what they should be.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 2:57:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Tanners is great.  I moved to PA 18 months ago and have already purchased 9 guns from them.  Service is great and prices are pretty good also.  Just don't go there on Fridays at noon.  They are always packed at that time.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:41:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought an FN 45 tactical there. It was not in stock. They quoted me a price and when it came in I was told the price went up. They honored their quote anyway.  They had a concern about the threaded barrel and the fact I live in NJ. A threaded barrel is irrelevant unless the magazine is outside of the grip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top