Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2015 1:13:00 PM EDT
moving soon.   would really like to find a good place to shoot.   also I was just gifted a marlin in 375 win and I need to find ammo.....hoping some good mom and pop LGS may have some in stock in the area.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 10:04:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
moving soon.   would really like to find a good place to shoot.   also I was just gifted a marlin in 375 win and I need to find ammo.....hoping some good mom and pop LGS may have some in stock in the area.

Thanks
View Quote

I shot at Palmyra sportsman's assn kinda far away from hburg. Lanco  tactical is my main ffl, you also have trop but I try to keep my money away from there unless it's for powder or primers.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 2:42:28 PM EDT
[#2]
30ish miles from Carlisle to Harrisburg. Can you narrow it down?
I'm actually farther east than titleiiredneck, but he's right about Lanco being a good shop.

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:57:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll be on the west side of mechanicsburg
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:08:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah wrong side of the river for me. That's the point on the map where it says "Here be Serpents".  
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 4:05:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Shop:  Mechanicsburg Ordnance

Shoot:  Pa Gamelands (not preferred) or join a club.  

I'm a moron, where is West side of Mechanicsburg?
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 11:08:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

JustJim is correct about Mechanicsburg Ordnance.
That is where I bought my Beretta 92FS.
Transaction done by our own 9mmRandy.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 4:56:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I shot at Palmyra sportsman's assn kinda far away from hburg. Lanco  tactical is my main ffl, you also have trop but I try to keep my money away from there unless it's for powder or primers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks

whats wrong with Trops?

Link Posted: 6/23/2015 6:32:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Heard too much herp/derp  there to do business. Let's just say it was enough to steer me away from purchasing a couple subguns  they had in stock or using them as a sot  for out of state purchase.

YMMV but just my honest opinion after going there a few times. Also seemed to run better before the big business upgrade they did.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:12:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Silverspring/Monroe townships would be west. That's the area between Carlisle and Mechanicsburg, I'm guessing that's what he means.

OP, we have a little shop in town so stop by. On 3 sides of town is good clubs. You have Carlisle Fish and Game, Mechanicsburg Sportsman and West Shore Sportsman. West Shore is geared towards defensive shooting, Thursday nights we have practice geared towards IDPA shooting and the first Sunday of each month is a match. Carlisle Fish and Game have nicer rifle ranges and a real nice trap course. For a well groomed club, Mechanicsburg Sportsman is very nice. But its all static shooting with to many rules for me.
Monday is wing night at the Gingerbread Man and Thursday is wings at Grandpa Growlers.

Link Posted: 6/26/2015 5:25:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Silverspring/Monroe townships would be west. That's the area between Carlisle and Mechanicsburg, I'm guessing that's what he means.

OP, we have a little shop in town so stop by. On 3 sides of town is good clubs. You have Carlisle Fish and Game, Mechanicsburg Sportsman and West Shore Sportsman. West Shore is geared towards defensive shooting, Thursday nights we have practice geared towards IDPA shooting and the first Sunday of each month is a match. Carlisle Fish and Game have nicer rifle ranges and a real nice trap course. For a well groomed club, Mechanicsburg Sportsman is very nice. But its all static shooting with to many rules for me.
Monday is wing night at the Gingerbread Man and Thursday is wings at Grandpa Growlers.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Geez, how have I not heard of a place called Grandpa Growlers? It's like it's named after me!
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:05:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Geez, how have I not heard of a place called Grandpa Growlers? It's like it's named after me!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What?!  For shame.  Great wings, at least I think.  No growler, no problem.  Bring in an empty milk jug.  No milk jug?  They have them there (or at least used to).  

Randy...I was in last week.  Picked up a G19.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top