Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2015 11:17:17 AM EDT
is it legal in Pennsylvania or are they stupid-strict about the single shot stuff?
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 11:28:54 AM EDT
[#1]
It's a no-go.
I'm sure Steve In PA will be along shortly to post the code referring to the the illegalities of auto loader rifles for hunting.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 5:09:30 PM EDT
[#2]
There is/was a bill to allow modern sporting rifles to take coyotes.

Don't know where it is along the process.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 2:17:51 PM EDT
[#3]
There are several bills introduced this year.

HB366 would legalize hunting with rimfire semi-autos, and semiauto centerfire rifles for all game.

HB223 would legalize hunting with a semi-auto but only for Coyotes, Foxes and groundhogs.

SB737 would legalize semi autos for coyotes and groundhogs, but would prohibit use of semiauto for coyotes and groundhogs when a dear season is open.

ETA: All of them are sitting in committees.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 7:35:27 AM EDT
[#4]
§ 2308. Unlawful devices and methods

(a) General rule.--Except as otherwise provided in this title, it is unlawful for any person to hunt or aid, abet, assist or conspire to hunt any game or wildlife through the use of:
(1) An automatic firearm or similar device.
(2) A semiautomatic rifle or pistol....
View Quote

ETA: 34 Pa.C.S. § 2308(a)(2)
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 6:17:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are several bills introduced this year.

HB366 would legalize hunting with rimfire semi-autos, and semiauto centerfire rifles for all game.

HB223 would legalize hunting with a semi-auto but only for Coyotes, Foxes and groundhogs.

SB737 would legalize semi autos for coyotes and groundhogs, but would prohibit use of semiauto for coyotes and groundhogs when a dear season is open.

ETA: All of them are sitting in committees.
View Quote

Just sitting and stagnant or are they moving?
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 7:43:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like they have been pigeonholed.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 7:47:16 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd really love to hunt with technology that's been made AFTER the advent of flight.  It's the main reason I won't hunt.  Guys with 30-06 pump actions can fire just as fast.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 1:50:43 PM EDT
[#8]
doubt it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 10:38:47 PM EDT
[#9]
WTF is up with these do-nothing committees?  Is there a problem with our side not putting foot to ass to these people?
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 11:22:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'd really love to hunt with technology that's been made AFTER the advent of flight.  It's the main reason I won't hunt.  Guys with 30-06 pump actions can fire just as fast.
View Quote

The good old Rem 760/7600 Amish machinegun...
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 11:25:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
WTF is up with these do-nothing committees?  Is there a problem with our side not putting foot to ass to these people?
View Quote

There are plenty of fudds, and even vocal members here, who are opposed to it. Same with Sunday hunting. Add in state run liquor stores and beer distributors and I doubt I'll move back once I retire. Too much stupidity after having lived all over the country and seeing how normal the opposite of some of PA's regs are. Some people think the sky will fall if anything changes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top