Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2015 5:46:45 AM EDT
Seems that Glock has some unreasonable requests regarding your personal information and at least Trop's would not be intimidated - LINK to the story.

You can guess where my next purchase will be

You can bet it won't be a Glock
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 8:57:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Get an M&P!  You won't be dissatisfied.  Any caliber
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 7:21:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I just sent them an email thanking them for their stance.  I've been meaning to get out to them for a long time.  I am definitely going there soon and will definitely be buying a non-Glock firearm from them!

On the chance they might read here, good job folks!
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 7:25:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Lol I divided by zero... I'm shooting for them this year and I'm shooting Glock in USPSA. Whoooooops.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 8:36:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Good for Trop, but who puts their SSN on the 4473? I never do as it's not a requirement for the form. If the shop thinks they need it and won't sell without it I take my business somewhere else.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 12:37:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I wonder why Glock is requesting the information in the first place? I am sure Glock is just trying to protect their income and Trop is trying to protect its customers. I side with neither on this subject I am sure there is a better way to get the job done and maybe the two need to figure it out rather than cause the uproar over privacy. Privacy concerns are a huge joke anyway, 98% of people are on facebook and they put whatever they want on there just giving themselves away to predators. This whole thing is over exaggerated to be honest. Its Glock, what is Glock going to do with the information, it seems like Glock is just making sure their eggs are accounted for properly.

Trop is a pretty big store with a decent selection. The employees are always friendly, but if you go when its busy and it always seems to be busy it can be tough to get help even though they are well staffed. Lanco tactical is just down the street from them, thats another great gun shop.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top