Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2015 7:46:57 PM EDT
***one last try to support my local shops***Looking to get lower and upper receivers but hell they still want way too much for them. For example Anderson lower receivers in SE PA going for $90-$100 are you shitting me I can get them shipped and transfered for well under $60. Same with Aero receivers. My local shop is still charging $120 +10 for background check for spikes receivers. I ended up buying 4 having them shipped and transfered for $85 a pop. I saved $180 that way. I don't mind a business making money but damn making enough to rebuild Rome in a week is a bit much.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 8:38:48 PM EDT
[#1]
You shop in the wrong places.  I was in two stores today, Anderson lowers were $59 and $62.  Bucks and Northampton counties.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 3:36:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You shop in the wrong places.  I was in two stores today, Anderson lowers were $59 and $62.  Bucks and Northampton counties.
View Quote

Please do tell....where?
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 7:11:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Its been a while, but I've bought several Anderson lowers from Tanner's Sports Center in Jamison.  I recall them being something like $55, with maybe a couple dollars off if you buy 2 or more.  Don't hold me to that exact price, but it within a couple dollars of that...
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 8:59:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Heritage in Easton is usually in the mid 50s, I think I got one at Long Lane Acres for 60 but it could have been less.

Never looked at Tanner's but they are reasonable with most of their pricing.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 2:09:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 5:56:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sad to say it but transferring is about all I do as well. Local shop just charge too much and I look for higher end stuff. I don't buy $49 lowers.
Funny how when Ii tell them I want something transferred in and they say they can get it for me also. Too bad they can't come close to the prices.
View Quote

The shops I hit have their higher end receivers at reasonable prices. I think they take advantage of the fact people want to buy the less expensive stuff so they raise the prices on them. Perfect example is the one store offers a AR build class. The rifle is basically Anderson and ALG parts. Now bear in mind first timers can go to YouTube and learn to build themselves an AR15 in about an hour. The shop charges a whopping $950 (you get all the parts to build it)to show how to build this rifle. I priced the parts out and by me paying online retail prices I can build it for about $500.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top